Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 103464 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2015, 07:07:20 am »

I also believe we should deny this offer.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2015, 11:14:40 am »

What does Eve look like, by the way?  I gathered she has black hair...?

Also, this is the pre-Ancient Era, right?  Eve is a common levy, she won't be given an expensive sword or axe, or even armor.  She'd most likely be given a bronze spear and maybe - MAYBE - if she's lucky, a wicker shield.  That's fine, though.  A spear is a more fitting weapon for the Prophet of Rabbit God.  Swift, precise, relying more on agility and sharp reflexes than brute force, a testament to her superior hand-eye coordination and able to overcome much stronger and better-clad enemies.

Oh! And before I forget, if we're going to increase our sphere of influence, we might want to branch out into something similar to our existing domain.  Maybe next we'll put all land creatures under our domain?  Then all wildlife, then the forests, and the hunters, etc.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2015, 01:50:05 pm »

Eve is our Avatar.  Our Prophet, our Sibyl.

We are a humble God and must bend our backs from time to time, yes, but Eve is our charge.  We will not lend her out like a cheap whore to further our own goals - what sort of a Deamon is a God who would so easily trade his followers like cattle for coin?  Decline Ishtar's offer with all the grace and dignity befitting a Goddess of her stature.
She can't guarantee Eve's safety. I would agree, but under the catch that she not allow Eve to die or be seriously mutilated. To ask our avatar without any remote guarantee of safety is very... risky.

Further, do we know if she doesn't lie? If she lies she may just keep Eve. She's our only real connection currently.

And, also, remember to comfort the mother.

I retract my original post; she may be testing us to see how strong willed we are. Deny offer, but very gracefully and kindly.
Still comfort mother.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2015, 02:07:15 pm »

I hope she can quickly becomea captain like the Uruks. What with her own dedicated bodyguard force and strenghts and repucation. It'd be awesome.

But less blood crazed and more honorable/not  murder her own people or murder just for the fun of it.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2015, 11:46:05 am »

Aww, I was kinda hoping this one wouldn't die just yet...
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2015, 12:02:54 pm »

Aww, I was kinda hoping this one wouldn't die just yet...

Maybe they're on a brief hiatus?  I was getting pretty pumped about this game, tbh. I wanted to know what Eve looked like so I could post some fanart :(

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2015, 01:18:11 pm »

Previous

Eve is our Avatar.  Our Prophet, our Sibyl.

We are a humble God and must bend our backs from time to time, yes, but Eve is our charge.  We will not lend her out like a cheap whore to further our own goals - what sort of a Deamon is a God who would so easily trade his followers like cattle for coin?  Decline Ishtar's offer with all the grace and dignity befitting a Goddess of her stature.
(and others)

"Madam, your offer is generous..." You hesitate, fearful to offend or put into words anything which could put her in a bad mood.
"But?"
"But, I cannot accept. YoumustunderstandEveismyavatarandprophetwithoutherIamnothingandwellIamherguardianand-"
"Enough, hold your tongue." She muses, twisting a strand of flame-colored hair in her fingers. "You are headstrong, little god. Not a quality I dislike...nevertheless I am not used to refusal. I shall keep an eye on you Arlore, God of Rabbits. A time may yet come when my remembrance of these events go not in your favor. When it does...be ready." She glares at you again and you feel the pit-feeling that prey feel among predators. You try to look away, but there is something all encompassing about her beauty. Her body disappears slowly, bare legs, bare stomach, breasts, hair, finally only her eyes are left, then she blinks and she is gone. You begin to breathe again.

You decide to send a message to Eve's mother, some sort of comfort to assure of her daughter's safety. It is a half-lie, because your powers are not great, but better than a full-truth. You summon to her home all the rodent creatures of the nearby forest - rabbits, weasels, mice (many mice) and when she goes to step out to draw water from the well, in the morning, you have these creatures gather and bow before her. You note with some compassion and satisfaction her weak knees, her kneeling and her tears. She mutters a short prayer and runs home. She grabs her daughter's shears and cuts her own graying, flowing hair.

"I have nothing give but what remains of my faded beauty, but I shall give it, again and again until she is returned to me. Whole and unharmed. Let it be a covenant between I and thou." She closes her eyes, and tears follow and fall into the hair. (New Power: Covenant!*) What do you do?

What does Eve look like, by the way?  I gathered she has black hair...?

Also, this is the pre-Ancient Era, right?  Eve is a common levy, she won't be given an expensive sword or axe, or even armor.  She'd most likely be given a bronze spear and maybe - MAYBE - if she's lucky, a wicker shield.  That's fine, though.  A spear is a more fitting weapon for the Prophet of Rabbit God.  Swift, precise, relying more on agility and sharp reflexes than brute force, a testament to her superior hand-eye coordination and able to overcome much stronger and better-clad enemies.

Oh! And before I forget, if we're going to increase our sphere of influence, we might want to branch out into something similar to our existing domain.  Maybe next we'll put all land creatures under our domain?  Then all wildlife, then the forests, and the hunters, etc.

Meanwhile, Eve marches with the men to the fortress. It is a rough 3-day journey through the wilderness (the captain is insistent on avoiding the main roads, hoping to cut the journey short by traversing across the Laho Forest, avoiding the winding path of the Shemish Mountains). A few of the other recruits from the town recognize her, but whether out of fear or admiration, say nothing. She is easily able to befriend the other soldiers given her good looks (which they cannot quite put a finger on) and her nightly hunting successes (her rabbit powers have proven quite effective). Meat is friendship in the ranks and the recruits and even some of the squad-leaders hang around her, hoping to share in the spoils of her hunt.

Although her black hair has been cut short, her breasts bound, her dress the dress of a conscript (thick, hide boots which reach to the knee, unpatterned, brown robes, with loose sleeves that reach to the elbow, and go down to the ankles and are fastened by a belt of white cloth tied around the waist, an arm band of unmarked bronze to indicate rank, and a strip cloth, white, tied around her forehead to keep the sweat from her eyes) it could not hide her blush or fair arms, her eyes the color of doe's eyes, her lips not broken like men's lips, pink and full, her nose slim and not square or twisted or flat. Scarless, markless, and fearless, she is regarded with confusion, by the men - and embarrassment. She learned quickly to be taciturn, to mask her bird-voice, high and light. She learned to do as much as she could in private - bathing, resting, relieving herself. But she is in a constant state of anxiety, only her faith in you, still unshakable, keeps her steadfast.

*Covenant - An agreement between a divine entity and a mortal. The mortal declares a vow and so long as it is kept, the god gains a unique power relevant to the mortal's plea and independent of the three laws. The covenant itself, however, is still under the confines of the three laws. Therefore, the severity of the vow determines the magnitude of the unique power.

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:44:28 am by bahihs »

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 22, 2015, 01:29:35 pm »

(I hope that's enough detail for you evictedSaint, I'd love to see some fanart!)

Also, if you guys do accept the covenant, please also post the unique power you want to gain.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2015, 03:31:57 pm »

To Eve's mom:
Tell her that we accept the covenant. However, the more followers we have, the greater our ability to ensure her success and safety. (If we have enough MP) Grant her a small artifact, a small chain necklace with a charm/pendant on it. The pendant is shaped to a rabbit, and we use some of our power to grant its wearer the ability to be highly persuasive. Again only if we have enough MP. Commission her to spread word of us throughout the village that our people inhabited, but tell her to keep herself safe. As advice, if she knows of any men who are friendly enough to her not to dismiss her immediately (or worse, harm her), advise her to start preaching there, to build a base of supporters who will have her back and can also more directly influence the other men she is not familiar with.

I can't think of a power for the covenant so I'll just vote on ones that other's post.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2015, 03:51:03 pm »

Let's start small - Covenent wherein the followers cut their hair, so long as their daughters and sons are brought home safe from war?

I'd say that would let us spread our dominion to encompass all rodents, not just rabbits.  Mice, rats, ferrets; all small quick furred creatures lend their black eyes and sharp ears to the God Alore.  So long as their Coventry remains true, we will not want for Spies and Saboteurs.  Have the mother spread her story to others in the village and beseech them to join.

At the very least, it'll keep the rats out of the camp supplies.  It'd be pretty cool if we could have our covenent members see a mouse for every day they follow the Covenent, to help remind them of their vow and renew their faith.  All it's missing is a catchy name.

To Eve's mom:
(If we have enough MP) Grant her a small artifact, a small chain necklace with a charm/pendant on it. The pendant is shaped to a rabbit, and we use some of our power to grant its wearer the ability to be highly persuasive.

Are we strong enough to be poofing Artifacts yet?  It might be easier and more effective to bless charms and mementos of believers.  Although I do like the idea of making Mother of Eve a more central character to our new-found religion...maybe she starts recording The Gospel of Eve and spreading the faith?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 04:02:51 pm by evictedSaint »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2015, 04:48:58 pm »

im more in favor of keeping eve free from sickness and infection.

I mean sure we already would probably do that anyways but having it as part of a covenant should make it easier on us. and if we give her a pendant to use to spread the faith, she is technically giving more than we are. (cuts of hair, AND taking time out of her day to preach)

so keeping eve from getting sick is fairer, because sickness and infection is probably going to be an issue in the wars, and since she wants eve home safe one day, this is likely to be more favorable.

also consider what happens when the other soldiers notice eve never gets sick. we might get new converts because they see that we are willing to grant protection.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2015, 05:15:00 pm »

In accordance with the covenant grant grant Eve the Rabbit's Blessing of speed and awareness.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2015, 05:36:25 pm »

im pretty sure we already do that with eve's frequent sacrifices.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2015, 06:26:57 pm »

In accordance with the covenant grant grant Eve the Rabbit's Blessing of speed and awareness.

Already have that.

I mean sure we already would probably do that anyways but having it as part of a covenant should make it easier on us. and if we give her a pendant to use to spread the faith, she is technically giving more than we are. (cuts of hair, AND taking time out of her day to preach)

so keeping eve from getting sick is fairer, because sickness and infection is probably going to be an issue in the wars, and since she wants eve home safe one day, this is likely to be more favorable.

also consider what happens when the other soldiers notice eve never gets sick. we might get new converts because they see that we are willing to grant protection.

+1

Also send a messege to Eve recognizing her strength and ambition. As well as inform her of her mothers convenent as well as her new boon. We expect nothing but greatness from her.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2015, 06:55:33 pm »

Already have that.

+1

Also send a messege to Eve recognizing her strength and ambition. As well as inform her of her mothers convenent as well as her new boon. We expect nothing but greatness from her.

+1
instead of giving her mom a blessed object wouldn't it be easier to just bless her?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47