Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 103447 times)

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #285 on: September 28, 2015, 11:26:34 am »

Previous

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you watch the blade rush toward Eve you raise an arm to help her, but George grabs it. You turn to him and he looks very grave, he comes close to your ear.
"Have you so little faith?" You regard him with confusion. Your eyes return to the blade, it cuts air, then flesh, then there is a tremendous noise of straining bronze. You look down just in time to see Eve's sword catch the blow it before it is fatal. The force of the strike causes her to let loose the reins and fall backward from her horse. She lands on her back and quickly back-flips up, wincing again from pain. Musamsu followed through with the blow and his horse is now several feet away. He turns his horse, sees Eve on the ground, begins to charge.

"Wait wait wait. What just happened?" Ishtar has gotten up from her reclined position. "I want to see that again." She presses her fingers together and the battlefield begins to rewind. You see Musamsu's horse riding backward into position, Eve floating back on to her horse, the blade going back, Eve's blade goes back in her sheath. Then the moment, just before the strike, appears and freezes. Ishtar releases her fingers. The movements are now in slow motion. You see Musamsu's sword swing hard at Eve's bare neck. Then, even with the slow motion, Eve's movements are quick. She lifts her sword and brings it just high enough to stop the blade from completing its purpose. You a see a thin trickle of blood on her neck where the edge met it, but nothing more.
"Hmm...you weren't cheating were you?" She looks at you
"No sister, I was watching him" She goes back to reclining and fast forwards the battle to the last moment
"I knew I liked her...a shame really"
Then the battle resumes.

Eve braces herself against the charge of the sword, hoping to use her reflexes to dodge away and her sword to injure the horse.

Musamsu thunder's forward. Dust rises about his horses feet. Instantly he is before Eve, he swings down, hard, at Eve's face. Eve ducks and rolls to the side. Some of her short hair, severed by the sword, float away by wind.

Again, Musamsu turns.

All before you has become silent, you hear only the breath and beats of these two warriors.

His horse paws the ground, he readies himself for another charge. Eve catches her breath, her blood is rushing to heart and head, adrenaline flows, but will not last forever.

Again, Musamsu charges screaming his warcry, "For Ishtar!" Ishtar smiles and claps her dainty hands. Eve readies herself again, she sees everything in slow motion, the adrenaline and her rabbit reflexes mix into a deadly combination. Musamsu leans out from his horse, and swings at Eve. Eve does not move her feet, she waits...then at the last instant she dives!

The sword slices through air and sings in high pitch. Eve interrupts her dive by slamming her left fist down into the ground and throwing her legs forward. She pivots her whole body around the arm, leaping off her left foot for added momentum and, stretching her right arm out as far as it will go, turns and swings her sword at the horse's right rear leg, from behind. Her sword strikes true and the bronze does not yield to bone. She watches as the horse buckles under its weight and Musamsu is thrown forward from his horse.

She pants, her lungs are blazing and she can taste bile, sweat and blood. You feel relieved, but Ishtar is smiling. Then you see Musamsu rise from his horse. He grabs a spear sticking out from a dead solider. He charges on foot. Eve is still kneeling on the ground, she jumps up in surprise. You are watching the battle behind Eve, just over her shoulder. Musamsu throws the spear!

It chirps through the air, straight at Eve's chest! You watch horrified, as Eve staggers back. You can see the butt of the spear - still and floating in the air. Ishtar sits up, your stomach sinks...

tbc (Sorry guys, I have a discrete math exam to study for! I'll be posting throughout the day)

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:49:28 am by bahihs »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 28, 2015, 11:31:39 am »

We won't let her die.

if nesesary save her. As much power as it takes.
If she or a healer can handle it.  Let them resolve the matter. But keep an eye on her.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 28, 2015, 11:39:44 am »

Wait, so did the spear connect? Either way, George is...right.  Have Faith in Eve.

Also, good luck with your exam!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:02:00 pm by evictedSaint »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 28, 2015, 11:59:38 am »

Thrown spears seem to be Eves weakness...
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 28, 2015, 01:38:08 pm »

Wait, so did the spear connect? Either way, George is...right.  Have Faith in Eve.

Also, good luck with your exam!!!

I'm not quite sure. I'd like an answer to that question before we move on. In any case, good luck on your exam.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:42:02 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 28, 2015, 02:50:55 pm »

Is Eve dying? In that case, save her. Otherwise, let her continue and heal her wounds afterwards.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 28, 2015, 04:12:15 pm »

Do not intercede with the exception of a message to Eve.

"The greatest power of all humanity is not petty confidence but the will of humanity. In front of you bears but a petty stick and an even more petty infidel. Rip out the spear and then rip out the infidels head ye child Arbore. Ye child of (mothers name and fathers name) who give their prayers continuously to keep ye safe.

Remember power through with your will not your confidence."

Ask for a quick stop and for permission to send the message but no extra power to Eve. They should be fine with it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 28, 2015, 05:58:40 pm »

-1 to interaction via thoughts and words.

She reacts every time we send her a message. Sending her one at a critical moment like this cannot be wise.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 28, 2015, 07:19:51 pm »

-1 to interaction via thoughts and words.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 28, 2015, 07:26:37 pm »

Since when do we have arms? I thought we were a rabbit... :-\
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 28, 2015, 08:17:36 pm »

Previous

You raise your hands to intercede once more. George grabs them, you try and struggle but his grip is strong. "Do you believe she will let things remain if you cheat? Do not trade an uncertain death for a certain one. Besides - well look." You wrench your hands from his grip and look toward Eve, running forward to catch a view of her front. She is holding the head of the spear with one hand, several millimeters from her chest. Musamsu's mouth is agape. Even Ishtar seems surprised, one of her perfect eyebrows is raised. You are too stunned to move, you feel an intense elation and relief and pride. Ishtar presses her fingers together again and rewinds the scene, viewing it this time, from the front.

The spear sails through the air, moving fast even in slow motion. When the spear is halfway to its mark, Eve jumps up. Quarter way. She sees the spear. A few meters, she braces herself. A few inches (and here Ishtar has to rewind and slow down the moment to view it clearly) Eve's other hand snaps to just before the spear tip. Centimeters away, Eve's fingers curl around the stem of the spearhead and the spear stops just before entering her.

"You sure you aren't cheating?"
"I'm watching him dear sister, be a little more trusting."
"Rich, coming from you." He shrugs. Then she allows the battle to resume. Eve spins the spear around and stabs into the Earth, beside her. Her side wound begins to throb again so, rather than charging, she waits for Musamsu's approach. Musamsu regains his composure, runs forward and begins circling Eve. Eve circles in turn. They gauge each other, looking for openings.

Musamsu steps left, toward Eve's side-wound and lunges forward with his sword. Eve crouches to maintain her balance, then just before the blade connects she steps backward with her left foot. Musamsu moves forward from the momentum. Eve swings her right arm, sword and all, down on his back. He pushes off with his right foot and rolls before the blow connects.

The shot of pain goes down her side from the sudden movement. Musamsu stands and turns. Circling. He steps forward and swings his blade to her neck, downward. Eve can see the blows like slow moving dewdrops, but her body is getting heavier and heavier. She sidesteps, the blade misses her neck but settles into her shoulder, cutting diagonally into the flesh. She is forced onto one leg as the blade forces its way to her collarbone. She screams in fury and swings her own sword horizontally at Musamsu's left knee.  Musamsu steps back and the tip of her sword cuts into the side of his shin, just missing the bone. He staggers. Eve leaps back, clutching her shoulder. Musamsu pants and stands up. Eve notes that he now favors his right leg. She moves toward his left side and swings her sword. Musamsu, whether from pain or panic, brings up his left hand and grabs the blade. The bronze cuts into hand, but is stopped. Blood rains down the length of his forearm. Eve is surprised. Musamsu is still panting. Then he brings his sword arm down fast on Eve's right forearm. Eve lets go of the sword and leaps backward. She falls on her back.

Musamsu throws Eve's blade away and runs toward her. Fear seizes Eve, she begins to crawl backward on her palms. Then her rabbit eyes spot it, the spear! Musamsu stabs his sword downward, she rolls away. Musamsu runs toward her body and slams his blade downward again. Again she rolls, the spear is in reach! She grabs the body of the spear. Tugs. It doesn't come out! Musamsu again pierces down, with greater speed than before at her torso. She does not let go of the spear, instead she curls into a ball, bringing her legs in. Then she rolls backward and uses the momentum to lift the spear out of the dirt. As soon as her feet touch the ground she springs off guiding the spear upward into Musamsu's chest. The spear connects, cracks through his bronze, cracks through his bone. His sword falls from his hand, his sword-arm, raised, falls to his side. His body falls to his knees. Eve grabs his sword. Blood pools in his mouth and he coughs wet red into the earth. His lungs are broken.
"Who?" He rasps. Eve grabs a handful of his hair.
"I am Eve, daughter of Biumuga, the chosen of Arlore."
"A woman?" He smiles and closes his eyes.
"Yes." She pulls his hair back, exposing his neck. The sword reaches back.
"So be it." Then...

(Choose your boon, people, you won the wager)

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:53:14 am by bahihs »

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2015, 08:30:19 pm »

(How significant is the boon? If it is a minor boon, I would say Ishtar give Eve a combat bonus for the remainder of the war. If it is a major boon however, I am undecided.)

Ensure Eve is not mortally wounded. Then make sure she has a safe exit from the battlefield.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2015, 08:34:14 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 08:43:16 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2015, 08:40:34 pm »

Make it so that the war is over and that Eve is declared a hero amongst her army.

I'm sure she can shrug off the sickness once everyone comes to her aid and the enemy breaks from losing their #1 soldier.

((If not this ethen questions is my second choice.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2015, 08:42:33 pm »

-snip-
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47