Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 103413 times)

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #315 on: October 01, 2015, 11:16:41 am »

Previous

Eve throws the head to the side and seeks her horse. She finds it chewing on wheat a few paces away. Her gait is slow and halting, the adrenaline has left her body, and she is sleepy. She pats the horses neck, still clutching her shoulder wound. Then she falls forward and faints. You rush to inspect her wounds. She is still but still breathing. You use your powers to staunch her bleeding, your covenant with Eve's mother assures the enemy will take her for dead and not bother with her.

Behind you, Ishtar starts to leave. Around you the battle is dying and the sun has begun to set. "Sister, aren't you forgetting something?"
"Hmm?" She turns.
"The wager, dear sister?"
"Ah yes...what would you like little god? Answers for yourself, or a gift for your girl?" She is suddenly impatient.
"...it would not be right to choose something for myself, when Eve is the one who risked death."
"Hmph. Noble of you. I wonder if it will last. Very well, as you wish." Then she sweeps her milk fingers through her fire-colored hair and plucks one long strand. She blows on it so that it floats toward your hand and curls into a loop. Then she vanishes like before. George starts to leave as well.
"Wait! That's all? What can I do with this?"
"Ho there, rabbit god, you do not know what an incredible gift that is. A token of flesh from the War Goddess herself? Its uses are unnumbered."
"But what shall I say to her? This...what will I do with this?"
"String her bow with it for a start. See what a boon it is then." And with that he disappears.

Eve's body is still unconscious, you check her vitals again. She will live, though she needs treatment. You step forward to intervene, then a yell cracks through your thoughts and several voices speak. You hear them as an echo screamed from far away...

"My Lord Arlore, they seek to destroy us! Help us my Lord! Help us! They shall burn us out! My Lord Arlore help us!" You recognize some of the voices, one is Eve's mother, another the former dissenter (her name is Ningal).

WDYD?

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:54:45 am by bahihs »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 01, 2015, 11:37:06 am »

Hold on the gift and go to where the trouble is. Lets find out what's going on.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 01, 2015, 12:06:35 pm »

MAKE IT QUICK
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 01, 2015, 12:11:54 pm »

MAKE IT QUICK
+ ALL THE ONES. GET OVER THERE IMIDATELY!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 01, 2015, 01:05:59 pm »

We've done all we can for Eve.  She will not perish from her wounds, and her stillness will not attract the eye of the enemy.  We are needed elsewhere, by those she holds nearest and dearest; the followers whose faith keeps us strong.  The firey, gossamer strand of the War Goddess's hair is a gift Eve should receive whilst conscious - hold onto it for the moment, and fly to the village.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 01, 2015, 02:40:06 pm »

We've done all we can for Eve.  She will not perish from her wounds, and her stillness will not attract the eye of the enemy.  We are needed elsewhere, by those she holds nearest and dearest; the followers whose faith keeps us strong.  The firey, gossamer strand of the War Goddess's hair is a gift Eve should receive whilst conscious - hold onto it for the moment, and fly to the village.
+1 The village needs us more than Eve, Eve is stable but will not be harmed by the enemy or die in our absence, though she will need our attention after we help the village.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 01, 2015, 05:50:10 pm »

+1 The village needs us more than Eve, Eve is stable but will not be harmed by the enemy or die in our absence, though she will need our attention after we help the village.
+1
I think before we give her the string we ought to find something special to make the bow it'self out of.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 01, 2015, 07:01:11 pm »

+1
I think before we give her the string we ought to find something special to make the bow it'self out of.
+1
Heh, I was about to post something like this but I had to run off to work. If we give her a string, which is the hair of a goddess, it's likely indestructible by mortal means. Which means that, however strong Eve is, is how far back she can pull that bow, maximizing distance and damage. The other limit is how much the bow can take before snapping.

We seem to be much on the same page helmacon lol
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 01, 2015, 07:06:08 pm »

String an ordinary bow with it and use it for now.  Obtain/make an artifact bow at a later point, string the new bow with the hair.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 01, 2015, 07:09:14 pm »

Previous

You decide Eve can wait. Her mother and the other worshipers sound in desperate danger. You set off for the village racing against the setting sun. By the time you arrive it is the dead of night, moonless and silent. As you get closer to the village you can see faint points of light, little yellow stars moving across the black earth. 

Closer still and you can see that these lights are torches, many of them, the villagers are marching somewhere. You fear the worst and the worst appears. The villagers weave through the roads of their town and arrive in front of Eve's home, now home only to Eve's mother. You float down into the house. There are several women huddling in a dark corner, their eyes closed, their hands clasped and lips pursed in prayer. You note they have all cut their hair short. There are no lights in the house, but even in the darkness you can see Eve's mother's shining white hair.

She is whispering encouragements to others between breaths and prayer. A voice shatters the silence, it comes from the outside.
"Get out here you heathens! You witches!" The others voice similar petitions. You note most of the crowd is composed of women, and a few older men. The leader herself is a women. She is not a mother - you know this by her youth - but her bangles tell you she is married. They tinkle when she moves and speaks. "Your worship of false gods will anger the real ones! Then our men will be put in danger in the war. Come out now!" The crowd behind her is restless.

Eve's mother tries to comfort some of the younger women, who have burst into tears from fear. "Get out or we'll burn you out!" Savage cheers ripple throughout the mob.
"My Lord where are you?" Eve's mother wrings her hands, you can feel her show of strength is a facade, she will not hold much longer. A stone crashes through one of the windows, shards of glass scatter on the floor. The women's fears rise, and are converted into faith. You can feel within you, power growing such as you have never felt before (MP Up! MP Max!), and a rage, building, which frightens you.

WDYD?

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:56:21 am by bahihs »

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 01, 2015, 07:17:36 pm »

Snuff out as many of the torches as we can using a great gust of wind.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 01, 2015, 07:23:33 pm »

Form a large bonfire in front of the villagers, and use our fire-image powers to make it appear white. Tell them that we are no false god, and that by threatening your followers they have incurred your wrath.  If they do not flee, or pledge themselves to us, make tongues of white fire reach out and burn/brand them, making them suffer as they would have made our followers suffer.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 01, 2015, 07:28:16 pm »

Form a large bonfire in front of the villagers, and use our fire-image powers to make it appear white. Tell them that we are no false god, and that by threatening your followers they have incurred your wrath.  If they do not flee, or pledge themselves to us, make tongues of white fire reach out and burn/brand them, making them suffer as they would have made our followers suffer.
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 01, 2015, 07:29:02 pm »

+1
+1
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 01, 2015, 08:15:13 pm »

Aka burn all our mp at once and fade from existance.

Let's make a decision once we see what's going on.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47