Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104603 times)

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #360 on: October 04, 2015, 08:57:03 pm »

From what I can gather, we burned literally all of our MP in that show of force and began to fade to nonexistance.  Glimiki, in his infinite wisdom, saw fit to bring us back from the brink.  I'd say we owe him a "thank you".

+1

Although I'm literally certain the consensus was "Don't scorch them if they choose not to fight back"

Read whisperlings suggestion again. It doesn't say "fight back" just "chose not to flee or pledge themselves to us" I chose to interpret this more or less literally. Also while they didn't "fight back" they did start the fight (and that's close enough my book).

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 05, 2015, 03:34:41 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, that whole exchange was a resounding success. 

We saved our followers, demonstrated that we would protect them, got to do some good old-fashion smiting, and didn't fade from existence!

Good job, everyone.

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 05, 2015, 03:42:37 pm »

Sounds like it's a nice game, where I can find it?
also that what I would be in game
PIOTRHABERA: god of hugs, wisdom, philosophy, sky, water, air and sun

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 05, 2015, 07:49:03 pm »

As far as I'm concerned, that whole exchange was a resounding success. 

We saved our followers, demonstrated that we would protect them, got to do some good old-fashion smiting, and didn't fade from existence!

Good job, everyone.

weeeellll, our existence will probably come at a price for us, I doubt the Sun God is going to just let us go free out of good will, though it's possible.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 05, 2015, 07:53:05 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 07, 2015, 01:17:45 am »

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 09, 2015, 09:08:21 pm »

Previous

You fall to your knees, out of surprise and out of reverence. You bow your head and close your eyes.
"Arise little god." You stand, but keep your head bowed. You open your eyes but keep them down, the light blinds you. Glimiki turns to the women, gathered around Ningal, still mourning, now in silence. "Hmm, your anger is acceptable."
"My lord, forgive me for asking, but why are you here?"
"I thought I smelled my daughter and I was curious to find you instead. So I watched." You keep silent. The god's words and voice have no feeling in them, you cannot tell what he thinks. "My daughter has given you a token then?" You nod. "That is well." There is silence, you can feel his gaze on your lowered head. "You know you should exercise greater control. I was here this time - but going beyond your bounds...be more careful."
"Yes my lord. I...lost my head."
"You have given Reality a great strain, I recommend you do not agitate her further...or you will endanger us all."
"Yes my lord."
"Normally, I would punish such outbursts-" You wince "-but I think what will follow here will be punishment enough. Look to your people little god, now they fear you. Fear is a different thing than love, fear is not far from desperation."
"Yes, my lord."
"I shall keep an eye on you little god, for you amuse me." You wait until the light vanishes and you can raise your head. You look to the sweating terrified faces of the women and a pit begins to grow from the bottom of your stomach. You decide to leave here and return to Eve.

------------

"Finally awake?" Eve's hand flashes to her dagger, but finds nothing. Several stabs of pain arise from the movement. "Woah there, relax Abel. You're fine. You're fine. The battle's over." Eve's eyes come into focus. Its Suha. Shes in one of the tents for the wounded. Several other men lie in scattered cots. Some of them are dead. Some of them are screaming.
"What happened?" Her voice is too light. "What happened?" The mask comes on. "Did we...win?"
"Not yet. Not the war at any rate. But the battle went to us."
"What time is it?"
"Its night. Gezaru was here for a while but they called him in. He's the one who found you."
"Gezaru?"
"That's right. He even dressed your wounds. You should thank him when you can, who knows what might've happened if he hadn't found you. You could've been trampled."
"I was fighting one of theirs...I can't remember his name. From Neveh, he said. I took his head...where is Gezaru?"
"He's with the others. You might not believe it, but it was thanks to him the battle turned in our favor."
"Because of Gezaru?" She bolts up in surprise then falls from the pain.
"Heh. Yeah. You should've seen him - he saw an opening in their right flank, maneuvered us across the entire battlefield, penetrated the opening and put their entire right flank into disarray. Their whole formation collapsed and General Ilkid was able to destroy their center. They won't be fighting for the rest of this week. Gezaru's being honored and promoted for his daring. They've even given him a seat at the planning table." Eve listens to the whole tale with raised eyebrows. Then something occurs to her and it sinks her stomach.
"You said Gezaru dressed my wounds?"
"Yes, that's right."
"Here?"
"No - well I think he changed your bandages. But he bandaged you as soon as he found you, in the midst of battle." Eve fingers crawl to the wound on her side, she feels the cloth wrapped around her stomach. An inaccessible place, with clothing on...she then notices she is wearing different clothing and it settles the matter. She turns white. "What's wrong? You look pale. Are you bleeding?" He comes forward to check Eve.
"No. No. Just...a little tired." She waves him back. He sits back down on the chair by the cot.
"Well alright. I'm here if you need anything." And he leans back in the chair. Eve closes her eyes and tries to reason herself out of the situation, but the logic is inescapable. Gezaru dressed her wounds and her clothes are different.

You arrive early in the morning. Suha is snoring in his chair and Eve is wide awake, pretending to sleep. She is praying to you, for the safety of her Mother and for herself. She is praying for her continued victory. She is praying in thanks. And she is praying that Gezaru did not realize who she is and what she is...though the cold logic of cause and consequence, had already settled the matter in her mind.
WDYD?

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:00:50 pm by bahihs »

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 09, 2015, 09:10:54 pm »

Keep an eye on her. That's all I personally think, let's.. recharge for a bit. We nearly, y'know, FADED from existence.. So have Eve sacrifice a few animals to us.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 09, 2015, 09:13:09 pm »

Keep an eye on her. That's all I personally think, let's.. recharge for a bit. We nearly, y'know, FADED from existence.. So have Eve sacrifice a few animals to us.
That could work +1 +1 Moved
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:46:56 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 09, 2015, 09:21:59 pm »

+1 to keeping an eye on her but -1 on having her sacrifice animals to us. We've been recharged by Big Daddy already and Eve is in no condition to go out hunting.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 09, 2015, 09:23:23 pm »

+1 to keeping an eye on her butt -1 on having her sacrifice animals to us. We've been recharged by Big Daddy already and Eve is in no condition to go out hunting.
I agree +1 moved
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:46:36 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 09, 2015, 10:44:36 pm »

You know what?

Fuck the sun god.

They were going to lynch our followers.  We showed we'd protect them from persecution, and did it without killing anyone.  Hell, they straight-up murdered one of our followers, and we still let them live.  I'm still all about the love and peace, but if people want to be ignorant then we can't do a damn thing to stop them.  We did the only thing that would have a reasonable chance of keeping them from being slaughtered in their beds, and if they want to be afraid of us then there is literally nothing we can do about it.

Appear to Eve in a dream.  Tell her of what happened in the village, and tell her we will protect her mother and her people while she is off to war.  Tell her she did well, and that we are proud of her.  Tell her that when she is well enough to hunt, find a fox and sacrifice it to us - from the ashes she will find a single, pure strand of fire, a hair from the Goddess of War herself.  Tell her to string her bow with this strand, and know that all that she has, she has because she earned it.

Also, go spy on Gezaru while we wait on Eve.  That little bugger is more than he seems - I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Patron too...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 09, 2015, 10:46:15 pm »

Actually I move my +1 to this
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 09, 2015, 11:39:50 pm »

as long as we have enough power and it wont cause reality to backlash, im in favor
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 10, 2015, 12:03:05 am »

Appear to Eve in a dream.  Tell her of what happened in the village, and tell her we will protect her mother and her people while she is off to war.  Tell her she did well, and that we are proud of her.  Tell her that when she is well enough to hunt, find a fox and sacrifice it to us - from the ashes she will find a single, pure strand of fire, a hair from the Goddess of War herself.  Tell her to string her bow with this strand, and know that all that she has, she has because she earned it.

Also, go spy on Gezaru while we wait on Eve.  That little bugger is more than he seems - I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Patron too...
+1

How exactly did we break reality?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47