Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 103445 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #420 on: October 19, 2015, 04:00:17 pm »

Ishtar

If we run into some dude named Gilgamesh we're fucked.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2015, 04:50:06 pm »

Considering there's also a god named George, I don't think we have to warrior about Gilgamesh or any other Sumerian heroes.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 19, 2015, 05:28:40 pm »

We are in the mesopotamian region at the appropriate time with an appropriate God.  It would not be far fetched for Gilgamesh to pop up.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 19, 2015, 05:34:56 pm »

We are in the mesopotamian region at the appropriate time with an appropriate God.  It would not be far fetched for Gilgamesh to pop up.

Ehh, appropriate time not so much. Gods are eternal, while we are likely in a Mesopotamian region, there is nothing saying that we are in the same timeframe as Gilgamesh. Possible? Yes, but not particularly likely.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 19, 2015, 05:47:27 pm »

You are probably right. 

We can say for certain that Gilgamesh, nor any other relevant heroes/deities/beings of that genre, will be making an appearance in this story.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 19, 2015, 06:35:44 pm »

Aside from some of the names, what makes you think we're in Mesopotamia?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 19, 2015, 07:04:34 pm »

Pretty sure were in some forested place. Possibly European like.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 19, 2015, 08:17:58 pm »

Previous

"Suha!" Gezaru spots Suha pacing by the side of tent.
"Sir." He stands straight, looking up and to the side, as he was trained. Gezaru's face falls.
"At ease." Then he shuffles off and Suha enters the tent. He does not go to Eve at first, though Eve'e eyes cannot help but go to him. He meets hands with some of the other wounded, makes some small talk. Eve cannot understand it but she grows frustrated by this. When at last, he does come over to her, she pretends to sleep out of a bizarre anger. He sits down. She continues her pretense, her anger confusing even herself.
"I wonder what you were chatting with Gezaru about." Suha speaks to himself. "...why did he want to know your name?" Eve's heart arrests on a beat. She almost chokes and lets out a little cough. Suha muses for a while then leaves Eve to rest. You follow him. He walks over to Gezaru's tent. Others pay him no mind, for a soldier is allowed to have an audience with a superior once in a while. He asks permission to enter. Gezaru does not recognize his voice from inside the tent, but allows him to enter anyway.
"Ah Suha. Is something wrong?" Gezaru's room is littered with the same maps you saw before. You note that they have been marked with another hand.
"No. Not exactly. I wanted to ask you something. Sir."
"Certainly. Please." He points to a lone chair empty of paper. Suha drags the chair to the middle of the tent and sits down. "What do you need?"
"Who is Abel?" Color drains from Gezaru's face like blood from a gutted calf.
"W-what?"
"Abel. I saw you speaking to him. Who is he exactly?"
"He's-well-you know-he's our scout leader. You know that." Gezaru begins to sweat.
"No. No because I heard you ask him, 'what is your name'. So he's someone else. Is he from a high family or something?"
"No. Well-I don't-maybe. I don't know." Suha suddenly stands and begins pacing the room. "Look, Suha, I can't-" He holds up one large hand and Gezaru is silent. He sits back down.
"There is something strange about him. Isn't there? The way he looks. Just- the way he walks. Even the way he smells. Its different." Suha grasps his head.
"What are you saying Suha. He's a soldier. Like us." For an instant, for slice of a second, you can see a boiling anger in Suha's eyes. It bursts out when Gezaru says 'us'. Then, as quickly as it comes, it leaves.
"Why won't you tell me Gezaru? You owe me this much." Gezaru hangs his head. Then he looks back up, no longer uncertain or nervous. And in his eyes you can see the spark of his forefathers smoldering, and you know the name of Madu is not lost on him.
"I promised him. He alone can tell you. Not I." Suha, realizing he has been beaten, gets up, salutes and leaves. Gezaru goes back to his maps with renewed vigor, writing furiously on the margins.

Suha decides to wait until nightfall to confront Eve. The night comes. Suha walks to the medical tent. Eve is not there. As she had predicted, her wounds have recovered enough for her to move about and she has gone into the woods to hunt. Suha asks a medic for Eve's whereabouts and he tells him something similar. He rushes off to the barracks, puts on his boots and helmet and spear. Then runs into the woods. You move ahead to Eve, who has already captured a owl and is building a fire. When the sacrifice is over, you leave the single strand of flame-red hair amid the ashes. She finds it, and restrings her bow with it. It is nearly dawn, but Eve, finally, free of the watching eyes of the soldiers, decides to bathe in a nearby pool before returning. She undresses and slips into the cool water.

It is then, that Suha, following Eve's trail the whole night, finds her. Faint light trickles through the leaves but there is no mistaking what Suha sees. He falls to his knees.
"You're a woman!?" Eve, surprised, dives below the water. She watches horrified as Suha stands over the bank looking directly at her -beneath the water. Then modesty overcomes him and he hides his eyes. Eve resurfaces.
"Suha! What're you doing here?" The pallet of emotions is too mixed for either to speak. Suha does not come out from his place behind the trees.
"I-you-I" Surprise gives way to embarrassment and they both blush. Eve with almost her whole body. She quickly comes out of the water, dries herself as fast as she can and puts on her clothes. Then she begins to moves toward Suha, but hesitates and remains planted where she is.
"Are you decent?"
"Uh. Yes." She blushes again. Suha comes out from the trees, looking intently at the ground.
"You're a woman?" She nods. Then seeing that Suha does not look at her, she says "Yes." Suha laughs and nods.
"I should've known. In fact I think some part of me knew all along." She waits. He waits.
"What now?"
"Now?" He sighs. "Well. You know what the punishment is for your crime." He spins his spear upright and looks up at Eve. His face is locked in a grimace of grief and pain. "Death." 

WDYD?

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:05:16 pm by bahihs »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #428 on: October 19, 2015, 08:35:39 pm »

In a burst of flames, cause the head of the spear to pop off, any other lights around, turn them off, and with booming words "Mortal, do not attack my prophet, for it was my will for her to join, and if you want to be spared from my will, do no more harm." in a big ol' fatherly voice.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 19, 2015, 09:16:25 pm »

In a burst of flames, cause the head of the spear to pop off, any other lights around, turn them off, and with booming words "Mortal, do not attack my prophet, for it was my will for her to join, and if you want to be spared from my will, do no more harm." in a big ol' fatherly voice.

Do this, but maybe a bit lighter on the theatrics.

The first time, we didn't know our limits. Next time, I don't expect as much mercy.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 19, 2015, 09:20:43 pm »

Maybe aid Eve subtly - retrieving a weapon, maaaaaybe disarming the guy, but Eve should be able to handle it by herself. We don't want to have to babysit her forever.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 19, 2015, 09:35:19 pm »

Temporary boost Eve's speed and reflex a little.

Unless Susha is blessed by a god, which I seriously doubt, Eve should have no problem simply disarming him and subduing him.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 19, 2015, 09:59:08 pm »

No theatrics geez you want to burn us out?

I know talking down did not work before but I mean, he is already half filled with grief over it. 

If she says her (personal?) god bid her do it, point out that the ones who make these laws sit far away in safety, point out the goddess of war is in fact female, that she helped take down an enemy general as well as any man and give a sign of divine intervention, beam of moonlight shining through the clouds, a dozen rabbits coming out of their nearby burrow, something small that is clearly divine.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 19, 2015, 10:08:09 pm »

"You came out here to kill your comrade? Did I not fight manly enough for you to accept me as such?

Besides you could have killed me while I bathed and not make me put my clothes on just to get bloodied. So what is it that will keep you quite? A kiss on the lips or..my blade in your throat?"

Said Eve as we tell her to get her sword readied.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 19, 2015, 10:11:28 pm »

"You came out here to kill your comrade? Did I not fight manly enough for you to accept me as such?

Besides you could have killed me while I bathed and not make me put my clothes on just to get bloodied. So what is it that will keep you quite? A kiss on the lips or..my blade in your throat?"

Said Eve as we tell her to get her sword readied.
Eve doesn't even use a sword.

Speak directly to the consciousness of Suha. It seems doing so seems to throw mortals off guard and even sometimes disorient them, as well as being a cheaper action in terms of MP. Warn him that he will incur our wrath should he harm her and simultaneously tell Eve to prepare herself in case of battle.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47