Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104641 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #495 on: October 28, 2015, 12:21:48 pm »

we need to get better at doing things more subtly than just screaming at anyone who looks in our direction.

This, so much this.

To quote Futurama,

" Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket.
Bender: Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money.
God Entity: Yes, if you make it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 28, 2015, 03:20:30 pm »

we need to get better at doing things more subtly than just screaming at anyone who looks in our direction.

This, so much this.

To quote Futurama,

" Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket.
God Entity: Yes, if you make it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

+1 I also think we should burn down Eves home village for the insurance money.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 28, 2015, 03:21:40 pm »

This, so much this.

To quote Futurama,

Why would you even...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 28, 2015, 04:42:33 pm »

This, so much this.

To quote Futurama,

This made me giggle. :)

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 29, 2015, 06:12:07 am »

This, so much this.

To quote Futurama,

This made me giggle. :)

Your quote screwup made me giggle :P

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 29, 2015, 08:27:40 pm »

Does insurance fraud fall under the domain of Muta, God of Deals, or George, God of Lies?

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 01, 2015, 10:28:54 pm »

Previous

Does insurance fraud fall under the domain of Muta, God of Deals, or George, God of Lies?

Depends on who's praying. The fraudster prays to George, the insurance agent to Muta.

----------------------------

"We have to go." Suha turned, but Eve did not follow. "Eve. There's nothing we can do. We have to report this to the general." Eve looked at him, then back at the prisoner. The soldier with the naked blade raises his arm. The prisoner tries to crawl away, begs for mercy, tears fall slow down his cheeks. Then his face is arrested forever in fear. His head rolls away from the stump of his neck. "Eve. We have to go." Suha grabbed Eve's wrist and gently pulled her away. She did not resist. They ran back to the camp, Suha huffing behind Eve. Gezaru spots them coming out of the woods together. His stomach sinks without reason.
"Ho there, Suha, Abel! What's the matter?" Eve runs to Gezaru.
"Reinforcements. A few miles away." Gezaru nods, immediately understanding.
"How many?"
"I-I don't know. At least another 5,000." Blood falls away from Gezaru's face.
"5,000? Are you sure. How is that even-"
"They're men of the west, from the desert sands. I saw - I saw elephants."
"Impossible!"
"I saw it too Gezaru. They will be here in an hour at most" Gezaru staggers back. He begins to sweat, his brain begins to perform numberless calculations.
"Ok, wake the men. Ready the horses. I need to speak to the general." They nod and break. Gezaru runs toward Ilkid's tent. He almost charges into Ilkid's torso, peeking out of the tent.
"Hold man! What's the matter?"
"Calag has reinforced. Men from the west. At least 5000." The general, to Gezaru's surprise, remains completely calm and nods slowly.
"You're sure?"
"Yes. We need to leave, I've already -" The general holds up a hand.
"No need. Gather the lieutenants and the other captains. How long do we have?"
"Uh, well one hour."
"Should be enough."
"But sir, shouldn't we warn the men and ready our retreat? We can at-" The hand comes up again.
"We'll discuss it at the meeting. It seems Akhentef has finally made his move." He mutters the last to himself then rushes into his tent. Gezaru stands dumbfounded, then goes to gather the rest of the lieutenants.

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:07:23 pm by bahihs »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 01, 2015, 11:38:32 pm »

Delay the approaching army with general mischief involving rabbits.

Buy some time for Eve's side to hold their meeting and unveil their superwepon. (I'm assuming they have some sort of ace up their sleeve...)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 02, 2015, 02:45:36 am »

Buy some time for Eve's side to hold their meeting and unveil their superwepon. (I'm assuming they have some sort of ace up their sleeve...)
Eat their stuff as they camp or whatever.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 02, 2015, 10:22:21 am »

Eat their stuff as they camp or whatever.

This sounds easy. Estimate power usage, if we conclude its relatively safe, do it
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 02, 2015, 10:35:14 am »

Possessing bunnies is free right? The only thing that should cost MP is stretching that control to several dozen/hundred bunnies at once.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 02, 2015, 12:19:03 pm »

Possess ourselves a rabbit. Send it into enemy lines. Bite the heels of the Elephants. Rouse them into panic!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 02, 2015, 06:12:14 pm »

Do nothing.  Watch [the general, Eve, all others of note] as things develop.

Alternatively,

Spy on the approaching army.  See if we can find any details worth passing onto Eve.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 06, 2015, 03:35:17 pm »

Bump?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 06, 2015, 03:35:45 pm »

Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 47