Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104642 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #510 on: November 06, 2015, 04:13:12 pm »

Test out the new string for our bow.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 06, 2015, 06:27:22 pm »

The updates are going to be coming a little slow for a bit (~3 weeks) as things have been a little hectic at school. The short of it is that a publication needs some major revision and we have a short deadline to do it.

Rest assured Arlore's quest is not at an end.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 07, 2015, 12:04:52 pm »

The updates are going to be coming a little slow for a bit (~3 weeks) as things have been a little hectic at school. The short of it is that a publication needs some major revision and we have a short deadline to do it.

Rest assured Arlore's quest is not at an end.
Take your time, thanks for posting to tell us what's going on.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 24, 2015, 01:01:23 am »

Previous

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You decide to rally the forces of the forest and at least slow the advancing army. You call out to the woodland creatures, making them voracious, showing them where they might find food. They gather beneath your call and are directed by your arm. Rodents of every kind swarm through the ranks. The soldiers march on but many are perturbed. The animals ignore them and make their way to the guarded supply carts. They begin leaping onto the carts and breaking into the covered containers of food. Instantly all is commotion.

The march is temporarily halted. Satisfied you turn to leave, when you spot a winged man with horse hooves land gently some feet away. He does not notice you and instead makes his way through the panicking men, his eyes fixed on a distant point. You follow his eyes to a man seated on a palanquin carried by four men. On the seated man's forehead is a crown of gold. Every movement and fiber of this man exudes a regal quality. He seems almost indifferent to the panic surrounding him, but you can sense some deep sadness in him. You know who he is without ever having seen him before, without knowing his name.   

"Akhentef!"
"Who dares address our lord directly?" A short, aged man, seated on a similar palanquin a feet away, retorts.
"Peace Mose. It is a messenger from the gods. And to them, our mortal titles signify nothing. Is that not so, Djedi?"
"It is so Akhentef."
"I trust Tef has accepted my...sacrifice?"
"Your sacrifice pleases him."
"That is well. Then...he has agreed to my request?"
"His blessing is upon you. You shall not fail." Akhentef nods and folds his arms in prayer. "He wanted me to give you this" The hooved man takes out an armlet of unmarked bronze. Akhentef taps the side of his palanquin and the servants lower it for him to descend. He takes the armlet from the messenger, admires it, then slips it onto his arm. "A gift, for your devotion. For as Tef takes, so too does he give." Akhentef nods again. The hooved man turns, you notice his eyes catching you hovering above the scene. He smiles a little, then he begins to run away from the men at incredible speed, you then see him a moment later flapping his enormous wings and taking flight. You turn back toward Akhentef. He has mounted his Palanquin again. He raises the arm with the armlet and speaks out to his men. His voice carries clearly through the commotion.

"Enough!" Instantly all the men are silent and obedient. "Let us halt the march and slaughter these pests. We have a ways to march yet." The men, still silent, are no longer panicked. They begin to slaughter the invading rodents systematically, moving the other carts away from the ones already spoiled to prevent the pests from spreading, then setting fire to the carts that are infested. Within 20 minutes your efforts are neutralized and Akhentef resumes the march.

You go back to Eve and the soldiers. She has gathered her men and their horses. The rest of the men are packing up their tents and arming themselves. You head toward the general's tent. You recognize several of the captains and lieutenants. They are huddled over a map of the surrounding terrain. You see Gezaru standing amid the captains; his face is grim.

"...then its settled. We have no other choice." Ilkid sighs pinches the base of his nose.
"Sir, this is cowardice." Gezaru speaks and the others recoil at these words.
"Insolent brat-" One of the lieutenants steps toward Gezaru. Ilkid holds up a hand.
"If you have something else, I'd like to hear it." Ilkid says. Gezaru remains silent. Ilkid's voice softens. "War is not fair Lieutenant."
"We can run. We can all run."
"We'll be caught and slaughtered. There aren't enough horses."
"We can't just let the men be decoys sir!"
"Enough! its the only way we conserve our essential forces. A necessary sacrifice. Against a force of this magnitude we must give up some flesh to spare the bone."
"I want to stay. I will stay. I can't leave my men."
"You will do no such thing lieutenant. You will give your men the orders. Then you will fall in with us and retreat. That's final." Again Ilkid's voice softens. "Look Gezaru, we need able leaders like you. You stay here and what happens? Hmm? You get slaughtered with the rest of your men. You accomplish nothing."
"At least I don't flee into the darkness. At least I maintain my honor."
"Hmph. Spoken like a true Madu. Nevertheless there is a time for bravery and a time for prudence. There is no glory in suicide. You will fall in. And that's final." There is a tense silence. "Dismissed." The men salute and leave the tent. Gezaru follows after them.

The sun begins to set in the horizon. The sky reddens. Out of the coming dark a figure materializes in the air. It's George. He steps toward you.
"Its time, Arlore of the Rabbits. The council meets. Will you help me as you promised?"

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:08:15 pm by bahihs »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 24, 2015, 02:03:58 pm »

Oh dang, do we have to leave right now?  Eve will likely be one of the ones left behind...if we have to leave before the battle, I suggest we give her as much support as we can.  Whisper what we know into her ear, and tell her that she must live even if it means hiding or fleeing.  Lastly, tell her that if she needs us, truly needs us, she may call upon us in her greatest time of need and we will answer.

P.S. Congrats on the paper!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 03:27:06 pm by evictedSaint »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 27, 2015, 07:05:52 pm »

Quick voice over to Eve.

"The Storm comes. To run is to bend. To fight is to die.

Choose."

Glad to see this back.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 27, 2015, 10:00:46 pm »

"The Storm comes. To run is to bend. To fight is to die.

what a dickish thing to say to eve

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 27, 2015, 11:25:01 pm »

As much as I would love to give Eve the luxury of a choice, we're completely and utterly doomed if she dies. For one, she is our sole prophet. On top of that, her death would likely result in the loss of our entire following back at the village. If we can't save the one mortal to whom we promised the world, then why worship us at all?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 28, 2015, 01:40:27 am »

Go to the council. Tell Eve that we're going. Eve has a token from the goddess of war and should do what it takes to fulfil her destiny of glory.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 28, 2015, 01:53:05 pm »

Appear before Eve, if possible when she's with Suha (and possibly other worshiping scouts).
If others are also present, add a bit of pyrotechnics and start by (needlessly) declaring yourself to Eve, "I am thy god Arlore". This is, of course, for their benefit, and it shouldn't even be so hard on reality since they should expect at least as much from a deity's appearance. ;)

"Beloved of Arlore, The Storm Comes. To stand fast against the flood is to drown, to bend is to live. The wise rabbit always knows where the nearest brambles are". Fade to nothing as if you were never there, and follow George to the council.

This public appearance is for several reasons. Firstly, to instill a certain amount of awe for both Eve and ourselves on anyone present; this should bind the two of us together in their minds and increase their devotion each time they as much as think of her.
This increased devoutness should also help in making them spread the word (increasing the tale, as people are bound to do), making us more well-known, and gathering new worshipers... Who knows, they'll probably even decide to build us a shrine on that spot later on.

More immediately, calling her beloved of a god should also insure that the faithful will do their utmost to keep her safe, and seeing a god will bolster their devotion so much that our power should increase - even if not by much, I suppose that every bit should help in making a better first impression on the council.

As for the message itself, we are a GOD, not Eve's buddy, so we don't need to tell her anything about divine business or our whereabouts.
I agree to a bit of holy flashiness and a cryptic oracular advice, but not to actually declaring it a choice; stating it like this means that she can still make a holding action (thus not being shamed by either disobeying her god or the orders, or by abandoning her comrades to their fate), put the token to good use, and still keep an eye out for the best moment to lead those around her in a retreat to safety.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:06:50 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 28, 2015, 06:55:53 pm »

Previous

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:09:08 pm by bahihs »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 29, 2015, 04:59:03 am »

To prevent breaking up the subject in separate posts, I've edited my previous post with the reasoning behind my suggestion.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 29, 2015, 05:39:04 am »

Appear before Eve, if possible when she's with Suha (and possibly other worshiping scouts).
If others are also present, add a bit of pyrotechnics and start by (needlessly) declaring yourself to Eve, "I am thy god Arlore". This is, of course, for their benefit, and it shouldn't even be so hard on reality since they should expect at least as much from a deity's appearance. ;)

"Beloved of Arlore, The Storm Comes. To stand fast against the flood is to drown, to bend is to live. The wise rabbit always knows where the nearest brambles are". Fade to nothing as if you were never there, and follow George to the council.

This public appearance is for several reasons. Firstly, to instill a certain amount of awe for both Eve and ourselves on anyone present; this should bind the two of us together in their minds and increase their devotion each time they as much as think of her.
This increased devoutness should also help in making them spread the word (increasing the tale, as people are bound to do), making us more well-known, and gathering new worshipers... Who knows, they'll probably even decide to build us a shrine on that spot later on.

More immediately, calling her beloved of a god should also insure that the faithful will do their utmost to keep her safe, and seeing a god will bolster their devotion so much that our power should increase - even if not by much, I suppose that every bit should help in making a better first impression on the council.

As for the message itself, we are a GOD, not Eve's buddy, so we don't need to tell her anything about divine business or our whereabouts.
I agree to a bit of holy flashiness and a cryptic oracular advice, but not to actually declaring it a choice; stating it like this means that she can still make a holding action (thus not being shamed by either disobeying her god or the orders, or by abandoning her comrades to their fate), put the token to good use, and still keep an eye out for the best moment to lead those around her in a retreat to safety.
+1 to this

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 30, 2015, 03:24:03 pm »

+1 to this

Considering Eve would be executed if it was found out she were female, it may be in our best interests to bide our time before attracting unwanted attention to her.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 30, 2015, 03:29:52 pm »

Tell her, though.

Ooh, guerilla tactics...

"They call mine pests.  Then be as pests to them.  Taking little nibbles away, bit by bit, slow but sure, and never being where they seek to strike you down.  A smart rabbit might bite at the ties, taking more that just the morsel."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:38:46 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47