Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 106123 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #525 on: November 30, 2015, 04:13:38 pm »

"Beloved of Arlore, The Storm Comes. To stand fast against the flood is to drown, to bend is to live. The wise rabbit always knows where the nearest brambles are".
Considering Eve would be executed if it was found out she were female, it may be in our best interests to bide our time before attracting unwanted attention to her.

"Beloved" isn't necessarily only used with people of the opposite gender, and so far nobody suggested that we should pull a "Leda and the Swan" stunt with her (personally, I'd rather ship her with Suha).
For instance, when Jesus said to love each other, he didn't mean that people should strip down for a bacchanal, or even that married couples should cuddle more... Anyway, if the word disturbs you, just use "Chosen" or something, but know that at least in this context "beloved" is both gender-insensitive and (IMO) more powerful.

Besides, even if (or rather, when) she is found to be female, it'll be to her advantage to be publicly known that she's personally under the protection of a god and that killing (or even prosecuting) her would be a very, VERY bad idea.

EDIT: Nevertheless, you ended up making me bring it up, so... what would you think of having "Eve and the Rabbit" as a theme for poets, playwrights, sculptors and painters throughout the ages, and inflict one or more litters of (possibly long-eared) demigods on the Earth?
Spoiler: Leda and the Swan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:01:07 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 01, 2015, 12:55:38 am »

We can only reveal ourselves once.

Regardless of whether the increased scrutiny would make her secret harder to keep, we should bide our time for the appropriate moment to reveal ourselves.  Do it for maximum impact - a show of force in the middle of a small camp doesn't seem like the right moment, imho.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 01, 2015, 07:14:35 am »

We can only reveal ourselves once.

Regardless of whether the increased scrutiny would make her secret harder to keep, we should bide our time for the appropriate moment to reveal ourselves.  Do it for maximum impact - a show of force in the middle of a small camp doesn't seem like the right moment, imho.
We can reveal ourselves as often as our powers allow, and our existence isn't a secret anyway, especially among the scouts, who already make sacrifices to us for our blessings. I see it more like what we did back in the beginning, showing off as a rabbit to the villagers to gain more power - only this time, declaring ourselves instead of letting some other god earn most of the prayers and only getting the leftovers.

As for maximum impact... Remember that the last time we went for that we almost disappeared.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 01, 2015, 11:46:07 am »

Considering she's in an extremely hostile environment, laying low might be in her best interests.  She's not the only Hero on the field, and we don't want her to become a target.  Besides, the last time we revealed ourselves it was because we went for a grand show of force to save our deciples - I'm not saying we wait until our hand is forced, but if we get to choose when to declare Eve as the next High Queen then we should at least wait until the moment is ripe.  Being openly declared the chosen one of a god is just as likely to hurt her as it is to help her right now.  If we're going to declare her, then we should not immediately leave for a council of the Gods right after.  Afaik it's something we should stick around for.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 01, 2015, 12:25:04 pm »

Well, we both have explained our positions on this regard, and they appear to be incompatible, so may I suggest we now let the others decide?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 01, 2015, 12:27:38 pm »

That, at least, I can agree on.  A poll would be appreciated.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 01, 2015, 01:01:05 pm »

((Guys, this exchange was beyond diplomatic; this was outright what are called "courtly manners"! :) ))

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 01, 2015, 06:56:59 pm »

That, at least, I can agree on.  A poll would be appreciated.

Poll is up

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 01, 2015, 06:57:32 pm »

Don't see it yet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 08, 2015, 11:11:50 am »

Ok, the poll tie has finally been broken. So update is imminent. I've left the poll open in case of any last minute change.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #535 on: December 08, 2015, 11:32:11 am »

Ok, the poll tie has finally been broken. So update is imminent. I've left the poll open in case of any last minute change.

Oh, terrible me..
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 08, 2015, 12:33:11 pm »

Woo, poll says we're gonna be revealing ourselves.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 08, 2015, 03:16:47 pm »

POLL IS TIED.  HOLD THE PHONES.

That's not enough consensus anyway.

... Oh fine, go ahead.
That last vote for 'Go with George' was me, I officially rescind it and vote for the moderate revelation thing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 03:18:39 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 09, 2015, 10:19:28 am »

So, its still tied...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 09, 2015, 10:43:20 am »