Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104553 times)

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #555 on: December 13, 2015, 05:29:11 pm »

Wasn't time nonexistant for gods or something like that?

Only in the sense that, so long as someone believes, time won't kill you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 13, 2015, 06:59:24 pm »

... Hold on, hold on, hold ON.

Did George just subvert the Fabric?

I think we might have an accusation of our own to make, if we can...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 13, 2015, 07:33:00 pm »

... Hold on, hold on, hold ON.

Did George just subvert the Fabric?

I think we might have an accusation of our own to make, if we can...
I think he did, and it was the Ant God who got hit by the Fabric's deletion although I have no idea on how (I just hope it has nothing to do with blank check favors)...
Regardless, we not only have no proof (yet), but I suspect that it might be unhealthy for us to raise waves at this point, especially since I think that they somehow used us to do it. Remember that agreement between Eve's father and some god identified as Azumah, I think that might have been the very reason why we entered reality; if it's so, we might end up implicated and destroyed.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 07:46:05 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 13, 2015, 10:20:50 pm »

... Holy FISH we're so screwed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 14, 2015, 05:57:09 am »

Posting to watch. This got really interesting, really quick.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 14, 2015, 12:45:26 pm »

We don't know exactly what just happened, but we do know this; there be powerful Fuckery at work here.

Can we split our conciousness, in any way? We are the God of Rabbits (or is it Rodents/Vermin now?) so it would not be far fetched to physically check in on Eve and command a rat/mouse/rabbit to report on the happenings of the village.  I expect that would result in some delay, but that would be acceptable.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 14, 2015, 01:13:07 pm »

Can we split our conciousness, in any way?
We did it before:
You listen in to Eve's thoughts, she is afraid and nervous. Her leadership so far has been half-act and all blind-faith. She asks for guidance from you. Where shall her people go? Where will they be safe? You decide to exercise some of your new-found power, stretching your being, feeling for people, safe havens. (New Power: Limited Omnipresence) Your consciousness begins spread like air from a popped balloon. Its a strange sensation, to be and to feel and to know without localization, without compartmentalization. You can taste air and forest, dirt, the curiosity of animals, the heat of distant stars. Then you feel yourself going too far, like a drop of water dissipating, disappearing...you extend yourself further, stretch thin, miles and miles of empty land...then lights! Fireplaces and oil lamps, sleeping, snoring men and women, dreaming children. Warmth.

You snap back and it stings like a rubber band cracking into place. There is a village, with farmers, a weeks journey, north. Warmth.

They will be safe there. You transmit this information to Eve, in a dream. In the morning she relays the message to the women. And they sling their packs over their shoulders, their children over their arms. And they march, some of them shoeless, hungry, sick, tired, wounded. But they are faithful. In daylight heat they grumble and moan, but at night they bow in prayer to you. They have an unshakable belief in Eve, and Eve, in you.

I suggested to use that same power, only trying to do it in a more focused way this time.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 15, 2015, 01:26:47 am »

It could be possible that the ant god temporarily turned us into the monotheistic god, if it is just a title maybe it can be passed around by a sufficiently powerful overgod type.

After the trial he turned it back over to muta and then left.

So when Muta said he was not that god, he was telling the truth at the time.

Lets try observing from two points at the same time and see what happens.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 15, 2015, 05:55:01 pm »

It could be possible that the ant god temporarily turned us into the monotheistic god, if it is just a title maybe it can be passed around by a sufficiently powerful overgod type.

After the trial he turned it back over to muta and then left.

So when Muta said he was not that god, he was telling the truth at the time.

Lets try observing from two points at the same time and see what happens.
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 15, 2015, 09:46:43 pm »

Previous

Elsewhere...

"I don't understand it! There is some trickery at play here!"
"But he took the oath father. You were there."
"Never mind that! I'm not wrong. It's him, he and my brother."
"Father he took the sacred oath. It can't be him."
"Your affection for him blinds you Ishtar, but he knows. And I know. I just don't know what he's planning." The elder strokes his bare chin and sighs. A horse-hooved man with enormous wings appears before him and bows.
"My Lord -"
"Yes, yes, I know why you're here. Ishtar, call your mother." Ishtar leaves the room. "So. I suppose my brother is having a good laugh over this?"
"I know not my lord. I am only a messenger."
"Of course you are...it's him isn't it? It's Muta. It has to be him."
"I'm afraid I -"
"Afraid? Afraid? No. None of you are afraid yet. But the time will come. You think you can play with the God of Light? The giver of life? Holder of the day! Master of the sun! When my rays turn your worshipers to ash, when they die of thirst as the rivers run dry, when the forests are consumed by my fire, then you will fear! Then you will bow at my feet and beg for mercy!"
"My dear, you called?"
"Yes my darling. I leave now. The household lies under your watchful eye. Watch my brother's house with care, they plot against us."
"Of course dear."
"Good. Now then messenger, lead the way."
"My lord." The hooved man bows and walks ahead. The great God of Light walks in easy loping steps and soon disappears beneath the clouds.

------------------------------------------------------

"Hrm. You enter my realm Muta?" Even Muta cannot help but shudder at the timbre of that voice -- like the chattering of a billion billion mouths. He kneels to one foot.
"Forgive me Ancient One. But given my new position, I believe I am allowed an audience with any god."
"Hmm. That is true. Very well, come. What is it you want?"
"I think you know."
"Perhaps." There is a pause as the two gods regard each other. The red-robed one, relaxed upon his throne, assured of his dominance. The newly white-robed one, still kneeling on one foot. "Yes. I know of what you seek, youngling. But you of all gods know that there is a price to all things." The red-robed one chuckles and the ice in Muta's veins somehow grows colder.
"Name your price Ancient One."
"My price?" The red-robed one laughs and terror grips Muta's heart at the sound. "Little God, there are forces beyond your limited imagination. They determine the price, not I."
"You know my resolve."
"Hmm. I do indeed. But you know..."
"Yes?"
"It will not bring her back." There is another silence. "But perhaps you are driven by greater emotions hmm? Ambition? Greed? Ah, and of course, pride." The last word is spoken with a particular relish that turns Muta's stomach. He swallows.
"So. Will you help me?"
"Beneath the rock of the mortal realm, in the distant deeps even Death does not know, there are things which the gods have forgotten. There are things which the gods fear. There, my creatures make their homes. There no god can enter."
"I don't understand. So it's impossible after all?"
"Hmm. I didn't say that. I think you know what must be done." Muta gives a puzzled look, then one of understanding. He nods.
"I see. Yes. But that hasn't been done in nearly a century. There hasn't been a need to. The mortals have been compliant thus far."
"You will do as you deem best. But I warn you little god. Somethings are beyond all control."
"I am a god, Ancient One. The High God."
"So you are. But you are mistaken if you believe your power is absolute. But that, you shall find out in due time. Go in peace. I shall send you the information you seek when my messengers bring it to me." Muta get's up from his kneel, bows, then walks away. The Red-robed God reclines in his seat and watches him go.

-----------------------------------------------------

You decide to exercise your powers a bit, borrowing the consciousness of faraway rodents. Suddenly your sight is fractured between numberless pairs of eyes. You focus your powers, filtering out the eyes that are not close to the voices and pushing them into the background. Finally you collect the relevant images into two cohesive streams. One part of your consciousness observes a small band of hunters hiding in the woods, you cannot see Eve among them, though you suspect (and hope) she is there. The other part sees a group of worshipers with short hair kneeling before a shrine. The shrine is in the woods. You cannot recognize either of the two group's surroundings. You note that both groups are gaunt and emaciated.

You begin to wonder exactly how much time has passed in the mortal realm while you were with the immortals. Something catches your eye in one of the background images. You see Akhentef's banner, but to your dismay, it hangs not from a soldier's flagpole but in the center of Eve's hometown.

What do you do?

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:12:18 pm by bahihs »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 15, 2015, 10:08:36 pm »

differing time flow.....dang it! this is a setback.

search the village, who is here? also look for eve simultaneously.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 15, 2015, 10:16:47 pm »

+1

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: December 15, 2015, 10:40:21 pm »

+1
+1
Attempt to help worshippers.

Did anyone at the Council look distrustful of the oath?

Can we find the deposed god?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:36:04 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 16, 2015, 06:46:32 pm »

Eve is a tough girl, she can last a little longer without us. Check up on the followers, see how they're doing.

hawkwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: December 18, 2015, 06:36:49 am »

I have so many questions from that sneak peak into Muta and Ancient One's conversation! That was a cruel slip - information we can't use without metagaming. Clowns!? Plans to make a deal with Demons!? I can see no other way to interpret that, but I hope I'm wrong, for the sake of all. The plot thickens with blood. It menaces with twisted horns.

It looks like we have two choices right now: focus on Eve and her group, or on Eve's mother and what's left of the village. I vote we look in on Eve's mother right now. Eve can take care of herself well enough, while her mother seems to be in just as much danger from the army.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47