Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 103427 times)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #570 on: December 18, 2015, 02:02:23 pm »

Try to gather more information on Eve and her mother before we make a decision. Use the rodent's ability to sense danger and evaluate both groups.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 24, 2015, 09:12:40 pm »

Previous

You decide that Eve can wait a little longer. You can at least sense that she is still alive due to your strong connection. You decide to go to Eve's mother, Lily, instead.

It takes you only a few minutes to fly to her location. It isn't very far from where you landed but as your rodents' eyes showed you, it is in a clearing in the middle of a dense forest. A small stream flows through the middle of it. There are several tents set up in a semi circle and a campfire in the middle. You spot Lily and several other women (and a few children) moving back and forth among the camp.

They seem safe, but are, as you saw before, gaunt and haggard. You note that Lily's white hair remains cut short, as per your covenant. You can also tell that she is the leader of this little group but, where her eyes still have something of hope, the others' have only despair. You suspect they have not eaten properly in many days.

You are still unsure of how much time has passed. You muse, when you hear Lily's prayers in your mind:

"My Lord Arlore, please help us. If we have sinned please forgive us. The other's may have lost hope, but I know that this hair of mine is proof of our covenant. Proof that the Lord Arlore is not an oath-breaking god! Not a god without mercy! I still believe O Lord! Help us now O Lord! Forgive us! Deliver us!"

What will you do?

Next
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 11:36:15 am by bahihs »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 24, 2015, 09:25:03 pm »

Attempt to find out what happened since you last saw her, Can we Dig around in the minds of rodents? if we could we might as well Follow the rodent's memory road back as best we can to find out what happened...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 24, 2015, 09:38:32 pm »

Manifest inobtrusively.  Like, a rabbit.  Ask what it is she needs.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 25, 2015, 02:04:50 am »

Could we make a large boar run into the clearing and have a heart attack?  That might do them for some food for now...

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 25, 2015, 07:43:12 am »

Could we make a large boar several rabbits run into the clearing and have a heart attack?  That might do them for some food for now...

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 25, 2015, 02:10:54 pm »

Could we make a large boar several rabbits run into the clearing and have a heart attack?  That might do them for some food for now...

Agreed with giving them food via rodents.

Also with figuring out wtf happened
"zzz"

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 25, 2015, 05:58:39 pm »

I'm just saying an animal wandering in and dying from a heart attack is a coincidence, a rabbit talking is mythic levels of impossible.

We might want to see if we can find the children of these various people who are still alive and send them some kind of dream to meet up with eve and get out of dodge.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 29, 2015, 02:23:30 pm »

Previous

Your surmises can wait. You expend some power to force some nearby wildlife to charge into the campfire. There is some consternation at first as a sudden herd of assorted rodents fling themselves at fire. You fear you may have bent the fabric too much, but then you sense that some among the camp consider your miracle only to be the madness of march hares. Lily, of course, sees it as it is and tears overflow from her eyes.

The women and children feast better than they have in many days. A portion of the meat (mostly the inedible bits, but its the thought that counts) is burned as an offering to you. Whatever power you've just expended is returned with interest.

Now that the women are sated (relatively safe, it seems) you may stay here and try to gather some more information or perhaps you should check up on Eve. Or perhaps something else.

What will you do?

Next
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 11:35:44 am by bahihs »

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 29, 2015, 04:39:58 pm »

Check on Eve.
The women seem to be in no immediate peril. We must at least check on Eve.
"zzz"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 29, 2015, 04:50:10 pm »

+1
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 29, 2015, 04:55:15 pm »

+2
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 29, 2015, 04:55:46 pm »

+1 to checking in on Eve.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 30, 2015, 03:31:09 pm »

Previous

You decide to leave Eve's mother and her people for now. They have enough food to last them a while and you have answered their prayers. That will suffice.

You now fly over to Eve and her men. You must travel farther to cover the detour to Lily's camp but by daybreak you arrive.

Below you is a camp similar to Lily's. Except bigger and filled with men instead of women and children. You note that the men are not starving, probably a result of the gifts you conferred on them. But several are injured and there are not many men in the camp. You are pleased to find Suha among the men, but do not find Gezaru or Eve. Some eavesdropping reveals that Eve is on a "mission" and will be back by noon. Some more eavesdropping reveals that the men of the camp are now aware of Eve's sex, but there seems to be no lack of loyalty for that.

You wait until the sun has journeyed farthest from the horizon, and then Eve comes through the woods. She is on horseback and accompanied by several men. She dismounts and Suha approaches first to speak to her. The others stand and surround her.

She is not the Eve that you remember.

The soldier's training had made her hard, stripped her of weakness. But the war has made her sharp, tempered her into a cold edge. You can see no innocence in her any more. Her eyes are hard, killer's eyes. But then she looks at Suha and her gaze softens and you know that love has not left her yet. The two regard each other, then, aware that the others are waiting and watching, Suha speaks first.

"How did it go?"
"Well. We hit one of their supply lines on the eastern quadrant. The western side remains heavily fortified."
"I see. And Akhentef?"
"Didn't see him."
"I don't understand it. He takes Arish, has a direct path to heartland, has more than enough men to take it, carves out a perimeter, but then decides to hold? Why?"
"I don't know."
"..."
"Anyway, we have food and medicine from the supply. Should hold us for another month."
"And...any sign from them?"
"Heh. What do you think? Those cowards are hiding behind their walls and praying in gratitude that Akhentef doesn't make a move. I almost wish he would. I almost wish he would punch through their walls and put all their heads on a pike." Eve spits on the ground to press home the disgust. The others keep silent. Then Eve storms off into her tent. Suha follows her. You follow Suha.

"Are you alright?" says Suha. 
"Fine. Just fine." Eve undresses and puts on regular clothes. You note that neither are uncomfortable by the sudden nudity.
"I'm worried about you. I'll sub in for the next mission. You should rest."
"And who are you to make that decision? I'm the superior here! I'm the commanding officer! I'm the one that gives orders!"
"And I'm the one who gives a damn if you die!" There is a silence.
"...I won't die."
"I don't know, you seem to be trying pretty hard to make it otherwise."
"So what? What if I really die? What is there for me Suha? For us? We have no home. We have no family. I have no family." Eve collapses onto the cot and rubs her eyes. Suha walks over and embraces her.
"Let's leave this place. We'll go north. We'll go far north, away from all this strife. Where the grass -"
"-blows like shafts of sunlight on the waves." Eve looks up at Suha. Suha smiles.
"Yeah." He says. Then Eve sighs and stands.
"I can't. You know I can't." This time, Suha sighs. He too stands.
"Fine. But I'm subbing in the next mission, commander's permission or no."
"Don't make me hurt you, Suha." Says Eve, but smiling.
"Ah but a frown from you, my love, is too much pain for me to bear!" Says Suha, with enough bad theatrics to curdle milk.
"Oh shut up." Says Eve and laughs.

Outside there is a commotion.
"Captain!" Calls one of the soldiers. Eve and Suha step out. The men have surrounded a single man. Their weapons are drawn at his throat and head. The man does not even appear to notice the soldiers. He looks straight at you, hovering above the scene. Then down at Eve and Suha. You note that the man has horses hooves for feet and enormous white wings upon his back.

What will you do?

Next
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:17:36 pm by bahihs »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 30, 2015, 03:52:18 pm »

He must know we're Eve's protector, but still went to speak directly with the mortals. Let him, watch, and (only if necessary) speak through Eve's mouth for the benefit of the surrounding soldiers; whether with her own voice or with a god's full splendour, it'll depend on the situation. Preferably, though, let her handle it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:23:27 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47