Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104314 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #585 on: December 30, 2015, 03:56:21 pm »

Hmm.  So, he sees us.  Continue observing.  Let him know we know he knows.

Let Eve know to be careful.  He sees us.  He is important in some way.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 30, 2015, 04:22:04 pm »

((He, or someone like him, was a messenger to both Akhentef and Muta. I expect nothing good from him, but he's the plot hook Bahihs is dropping us.))
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 30, 2015, 04:23:29 pm »

((I know, I just don't know if we know.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 30, 2015, 05:27:59 pm »

((We don't know any of that, only that it's a supernatural creature coming to talk with Eve; that's why I'm letting her handle it. Because it's a supernatural being, I'm also declaring to be on standby to intervene should it prove necessary - there's little point in whispering to her as he can see us. There's no meta in my post.))

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 01, 2016, 11:57:27 pm »

Previous

"Captain, what should we do?"
"Stand down." The others put down their weapons. Eve turns to the intruder. "Who are you? And how did you find us?"
The intruder steps forward, the others raise their weapons again but Eve bats them down.
"I wish to speak to you in private." Says the intruder.
"Captain it could be a trap!"
"Enough. Fine. Follow me." Says Eve and turns to her tent. Suha runs up to her and speaks in her ear.
"Eve, are sure you about this?"
"Its fine. He must be no ordinary man if he was able to find us. And I don't think he's the enemy. I want to hear what he has to say."

Eve sits on her on cot, but the intruder remains standing.
"So. Let's start with who you are."
"I am...a messenger. You may call me Nabaalu."
"A messenger? For whom?"
"I cannot say."
"I see."
"But not for the one you consider your enemy."
"What do you want?"
"To deliver a message. An invitation, actually."
"To what? Someone getting married?" Eve chuckles. The intruder does not.
"The lord of the western peoples, Akhentef, invites you to dine with him and to discuss a matter of utmost importance."
"...I thought you said you don't work for the one I consider my enemy?"
"Indeed I do not. My...employer, however, shakes hands with many people. And therefore, I sometimes do services crossing the needs of men...lesser than he." There is a pause as Eve considers his words. Nabaalu continues: "If you are worried for your safety, I give you my word, and the word of my employer that no harm shall come to you...nor your men."
"And if I refuse?"
"You are free to do as you wish. Though I was advised to tell you, that some information regarding...what was it? Ah, yes, your superiors. Including one named, 'Gezaru', I believe. Well, should you decide to go, such information will be made available to you." Eve's pulse quickens, she waits until her heart steadies.
"When, and where?"
"Excellent. Two nights from today. I will return here and lead you to him myself. You will come alone. Unarmed."
"I'll think about it."
"As you like. I shall return in two nights to await your answer. Until then, daughter of Biumuga, goodbye." Nabaalu, walks outside and disappears into the forest. Eve begins to pace in her room, considering all that was said.

What do you do?

Next
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:38:02 pm by bahihs »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 02, 2016, 12:08:54 am »

Make ourselves known.
Sigtext

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 02, 2016, 12:51:41 am »

I am sincerely curious. I'd say that we should let her know he was a supernatural creature, and that there's more afoot than simple human strife.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 02, 2016, 02:21:32 am »

Honestly, I am tiring of babysitting Eve. Tell her we are still here, and that we will respond if she needs us. But we need to branch out. Go somewhere new. Try talking to an Elf or two. We are a God of Rabbits. It appears we can affect other rodents too. We should be able to sway an elf, if only a child. Sway a child, convince the adults, and do something similar to what we did with Eve.

Again. We are a GOD; we are not Eve's baby sitter. If she is to survive in this world of war and danger, she needs to prove she can take care of herself. And of course, there is the whole "don't keep your eggs in one basket" thing, but I feel as if I've ranted enough for now.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 02, 2016, 11:16:21 am »

Well, now that I'm caught up:
I think we need somewhat of a rebranding. We are not just a protector in terms of big, dramatic events. As a god of rodents, we should try to do something similar with farmers to what we did with hunters. Find some eloquent but impressionable person in a relatively dense population centre and use them to convince farmers to pray to us for protection from pests. Rats and mice would be doing huge damage, so a diversification into that should allow us to accrue, if not true believers, at least occasional sacrifices from each of many people. We're staying too small, it seems to me.
Though we should probably watch Eve's meeting, as there are larger things going on here than a few soldiers in a large war.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 02, 2016, 12:20:54 pm »

Sacasco just reminded me that I was supposed to update the table of contents (its done now). As a bonus, I also added links connecting each chapter to the one before and after it (so you don't have to keep going back to the table of contents). 

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 02, 2016, 03:41:15 pm »

Well, now that I'm caught up:
I think we need somewhat of a rebranding. We are not just a protector in terms of big, dramatic events. As a god of rodents, we should try to do something similar with farmers to what we did with hunters. Find some eloquent but impressionable person in a relatively dense population centre and use them to convince farmers to pray to us for protection from pests. Rats and mice would be doing huge damage, so a diversification into that should allow us to accrue, if not true believers, at least occasional sacrifices from each of many people. We're staying too small, it seems to me.
Though we should probably watch Eve's meeting, as there are larger things going on here than a few soldiers in a large war.
This too...
Sigtext

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 03, 2016, 04:00:47 pm »

Eve is our prophet, we need her to succeed.

We might want to remind her of the family that is waiting at home for both her and her soldiers then ask her why she is still fighting, what she hopes to get out of it.

Make it clear we think she is awesome for doing so well.  We just want to be sure she is on the right side of the conflict and that it is worth the sacrifice.  She might have fallen into a sunk cost fallacy regarding the conflict.

Also we should totally be with her for the meeting, we can probably communicate with the winged man for free, it is a socializing opportunity.  And we need to learn about the invaders, if they work for some other god we can maybe get our religious practices spared from the invaders and a cushy place in the new regime for Eve's followers and soldiers.  Security for themselves and home villages as well as some kind of reward could easily sway her army/company to make a wise choice.

Edit:  Also if the winged man lies and Eve is captured or harmed maybe we can force him to serve us for a while?  I am not sure how promises and lying work in this world.

To be clear I meant we should talk to her in her dreams where it is close to free.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:02:48 pm by VoidSlayer »

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 04, 2016, 04:43:34 pm »

I dunno about you guys, but I'm ready for a Show of Force. 

I think our godly legs have been cramped from spending too long inactive.  Sending rodents into a fire is all fine and good, but we need to remind people of our presence.  Go with Eve to the meeting - if the need arises, do not shrink away from flexing our heavenly muscles.  We promised Eve a throne, let's not forget that.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 04, 2016, 05:49:25 pm »

Going to the place is a bad idea. The fact that they want her to go unarmed is a clear indicator of malicious intent.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 04, 2016, 06:17:25 pm »

Request a promise/oath/swear from this individual that she and the men will be unharmed.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47