Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104364 times)

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #615 on: January 22, 2016, 07:11:08 pm »

Meta, god of games

I would like to join this game, is that possible?
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 22, 2016, 07:44:13 pm »

Meta, god of games

I think you misunderstood the nature of the game. We already have a god, his name is Arlore (formerly Fluffy) god of rabbits/rodents. If you wish to play, you can suggest actions for this god. I would recommend you read through the past chapters so you know what has happened thus far.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:53:20 pm by bahihs »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 22, 2016, 07:52:39 pm »

We are Alore, currently god of rabbits, and maybe hunting and scouts if we really want to expand our blessings, our prophet is Eve who is a female soldier/scout.

We gave her and other followers superior senses in exchange for regular sacrifices.

We also have some followers in a village, one of whom is Eve's mother.

We owe a debt to Muta, god of bargains(I think).

We kinda pissed off a war goddess but got a blessing for Eve from her.

Doing things that are too unnatural costs a lot of power, faith and sacrifice give us power.  It is hard to communicate, except with Eve who we can freely do so with in dreams.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 22, 2016, 08:33:35 pm »

Meta, god of games

I think you misunderstood the nature of the game. We already have a god, his name is Arlore (formerly Fluffy) god of rabbits/rodents. If you wish to play, you can suggest actions for this god. I would recommend you read through the past chapters so you know what has happened thus far.

Ah.
I see.

Is it possible for Arlore to become god of other things?
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 22, 2016, 08:35:06 pm »

Meta, god of games

Ah.
I see.

Naturally. Indeed, your objective is to make Arlore the supreme god of the universe. He will settle for nothing less.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 24, 2016, 04:59:44 pm »

Meta, god of games

Ah.
I see.

Naturally. Indeed, your objective is to make Arlore the supreme god of the universe. He will settle for nothing less.

What else would we do with our free time? Play with Rabbits? Psh, please.

Oh, but they're so cute! And our favorite!
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 24, 2016, 10:38:51 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 25, 2016, 12:20:44 am »

1st thing
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2nd thing

3rd thing
Don't we owe the current serpent/former supreme god Glimiki a favor for saving us? Right now he is a mortal serpent, though probably a rather terrifying one. I see an opportunity for us to both get out of a debt and for Eve to get a new pair of snakeskin god boots for this tournament. (I'm assuming that killing a god while he is mortal will actually kill him? I don't know how that works... If it just puts him back as a god, then we are still fulfilling our debt to him by freeing him of his mortal coil.)

Something to look into anyways.

For now, follow the birds. Lets hear her offer.

Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 25, 2016, 01:04:23 am »

1st thing

2nd thing

3rd thing
Don't we owe the current serpent/former supreme god Glimiki a favor for saving us? Right now he is a mortal serpent, though probably a rather terrifying one. I see an opportunity for us to both get out of a debt and for Eve to get a new pair of snakeskin god boots for this tournament. (I'm assuming that killing a god while he is mortal will actually kill him? I don't know how that works... If it just puts him back as a god, then we are still fulfilling our debt to him by freeing him of his mortal coil.)

Something to look into anyways.

For now, follow the birds. Lets hear her offer.

I highly doubt it. At the meeting of the gods it seemed this was planned out. If they planned to turn him into a mortal serpent he'd likely already be dead.

I do agree we should find Glimiki.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 25, 2016, 02:03:39 am »

We must recognize a plot hook when we see one, and catch it lest the GM starts throwing anvils.

Go along.

+1
(et al.)

The birds sink below the horizon and you decide to follow. Eve has two weeks until the tournament and she'll be fine without you. Besides, you're on the receiving end of a favor for once! You can't let it slip by. The birds fly until the sun sets, then you lose sight of them. You are above a desert. The moon is out. The heat is intense, though as a god, you are immune to it. The heat begins to play with the moonlight and create ripples in the air. The stars come out. You notice amid the desert sands the moonlight does not strike a certain circular spot, about 5 meters in radius. It appears as a black dot on the sands. You descend into it and are engulfed by complete darkness. There is a curious sensation of falling mixed with sudden rising. You feel as if you are compressed into nothingness. Then all is quiet. Your feet hit solid earth. It is dark - beyond dark: an inky, irreconcilable black seems to engulf your every sense. You stumble forward. Your eyes adjust.

Below your feet are cobbled stone and there are lights in the distance. Candles. As you get closer you see that the candles are held by shuffling men and women, pacing with their heads down. They make no noise as they walk. You touch one of them, to your surprise he responds to your touch and looks at you. You recoil back in horror. His lips have been sewed shut. Then, he returns to his pacing, silent.

"My husband saw fit to punish these poor souls in my honor, for none sang at their funeral."
You turn and face a woman of astonishing beauty. Her loveliness is unlike that of Ishtar's, far more subtle, more tame. Her voice is like the spring rain and the sweet chirp of birds that sing for love. Though there is great sadness in it. "They are cursed to walk noiseless, voiceless, until the time of judgement." You fear to speak in case you interrupt her voice. Finally, seeing that she waits for you to speak, you say:
"Are you the one who called for me? The one who sent the Ravens?"
"Indeed I am, Arlore of the Rabbits. I am the wife of Nirgaal the Black. You may call me Inkis."
"Inkis? Wait, you're sister to George, God of Lies?"
"Is that what he goes by now? Rascal. Yes, indeed I am. I am the goddess of song and poetry. Come, let us talk somewhere more comfortable. I'm sure you have questions. And, as I am grateful, I shall answer. Now come."

You follow Inkis deeper into the darkness, she leads you into an inner chamber. It is poorly lit but compared to the outside its practically a solarium. Inkis sits down on a divan, you sit across from her. She waits for you to speak.

What questions will you ask?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 25, 2016, 05:30:56 am »

Mention that we're resisting the urge to ask her to sing lest her husband takes umbrage. Try to lead her into talking with "I am told all Madu are under your watch, but are drawn to violence due to a gift from Nirgaal."
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 03, 2016, 02:42:02 pm »

Bump

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 03, 2016, 06:07:14 pm »

Mention that we're resisting the urge to ask her to sing lest her husband takes umbrage. Try to lead her into talking with "I am told all Madu are under your watch, but are drawn to violence due to a gift from Nirgaal."
+1 I've literally read all of the giant posts, I like where this is going
No sig yet

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 03, 2016, 06:08:30 pm »

+1 I've literally read all of the giant posts, I like where this is going
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 03, 2016, 06:11:12 pm »

what ever happened to fluffy?
No sig yet