Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104384 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #630 on: February 03, 2016, 07:38:51 pm »

"Fluffy" worked fine when Eve was a little girl, but we intend to reach greater heights, so we've outgrown that name; now we go by "Arlore".
Also, while we're still the god of rabbits, we also managed to add some more small critters to the portfolio.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 03, 2016, 07:58:13 pm »

awsome
No sig yet

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 04, 2016, 02:00:07 am »

Mention that we're resisting the urge to ask her to sing lest her husband takes umbrage. Try to lead her into talking with "I am told all Madu are under your watch, but are drawn to violence due to a gift from Nirgaal."

"My lady, nothing would please me more than to hear your voice in song, but I fear this may displease your husband and so I shall refrain from such a question. Let me then ask another: I am told all Madu are under your watch, but are drawn to violence due to a gift from your husband, is this true?" The goddess pales, though she has no blood in her divine body.
"Who told you that?"
"Forgive me, my lady, but it was your brother who told me."
"It was not his place to speak of my affairs so freely." You sense a flash of anger in her, her cheeks flush, then she sighs. "Yes. What you've heard is true." She chuckles bitterly, "A gift, my brother called it? No, it is not a gift. It is a curse. Imparted in jealousy, imparted without mercy. For my husband, Death, is an envious god and a covetous god."
"What has he to envy of a mortal? And what could he possibly covet?"
"He covets out of principle, he has no love from which envy arises, but only love of greed."
"But why the Madu? What have they done?" She says nothing and begins biting her lower lip.
"Do you know where the name Madu comes from?"
"No."
"It is an old tongue, it means, roughly "The Elephant-Skinned"."
"I don't understand."
"I can say no more. You must speak to one not as limited by the Fabric as I."
"Like who?"
"The Ant God." The familiar chill goes down your spine. You think back to your meeting in the court, wasn't there something about him? Something eerily familiar, a feeling like a half-remembered dream. But why this feeling? You look back up at Inkis, she is waiting for you to ask another question. The answer to your first was hardly satisfying, but perhaps you'll have better luck this time.

What will you ask her now?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 04, 2016, 02:26:00 am »

What lies below the Shemish mountains?

or

Explain the blessing ritual we gave to Eve and some hunters, ask if there is a more efficient way to give out such blessings or spread word of them.

or

Ask about the monotheistic god and why it is such a problem (can't they just ask their followers to murder the monotheistic gods followers?)

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 06, 2016, 11:38:34 am »

bump
No sig yet

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 06, 2016, 01:54:30 pm »

or

Explain the blessing ritual we gave to Eve and some hunters, ask if there is a more efficient way to give out such blessings or spread word of them.

or

Ask about the monotheistic god and why it is such a problem (can't they just ask their followers to murder the monotheistic gods followers?)
+1 to the Second & third, but also another question...

Where would we find the Ant god?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 06, 2016, 03:35:33 pm »

If we decided we wanted to talk to the ant god, he would find us. Supposing he wants to talk. If he does not there really isn't much we can do.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 07, 2016, 11:02:59 pm »

After we ask our questions, we should probably head back to Eve, remember that godly time is not always proportionate to earthly time and we should check on our followers.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 11, 2016, 08:13:21 pm »

bump

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 11, 2016, 08:18:05 pm »

or

or

+1
No sig yet

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 11, 2016, 08:33:46 pm »

or

or

+1
+1
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 11, 2016, 08:50:28 pm »

or

or

+1

"Where would I find the Ant god? I'd like to meet him."
"I do not know for sure. I have heard he lies at the end of every anthill, but I have also heard you cannot find him if he doesn't wish to be found. But then, his appearance at the council was unusual, perhaps he has changed his mind about his self-seclusion. If you would seek him, follow the ants into their home, you may find him there. Though he hides himself from the major gods, he quite likes the company the minor ones, like ourselves."
"You've met him then?"
"I have, once."
"What's he like?"
"Disconnected. Detached. You must understand that the position of ant-god is not one to be envied, for the ants need no god, they are quite self-sufficient and therefore he is a god without a people; it is a punishment, of sorts. But enough about the Ant-god, you have other questions I'm sure."
"Yes. I was wondering if you had any advice for giving out blessings, my sibyl and her train have received blessings from me, but I don't wish to ruffle the fabric by going any further."
"Hmm, your mistake is to award the blessings yourself. Designate someone, your sibyl for instance, though I would advise against putting all your faith in one person (she trails off, thinking about something else, then returns), to hand out blessings in your name. After that simply use the law of probability."
"The law of probability?"
"You really are new - it's an extension of the law of least resistance. Rather than actually blessing every single person, you choose a few, randomly, then award them some power. The rest, even unawarded, will believe they have been blessed and attribute every good thing thereafter to your name, while those who come to misfortune will only pray harder, believing they have lost your blessing. My brother came up with this idea not too long ago, its why, among other reasons, he is of such high status among the gods."
"Incredible. I had no idea. I have another question."
"Very well, but I fear my husband will return soon, so I can answer this question and one more, but then you must leave."
"I understand. My question concerns the events of the council. Why is it that the monotheistic god is so troublesome? Can we not simply...eliminate his followers? For surely, we know who those followers are." At this question, Inkis's eyes flash with anger and she goes pale.
"Such a thing...such a thing has been said before. And done before." She hides her eyes beneath her hands.
"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend-" She raises a hand, then composes herself.
"The truth is...it is probably already in the works. Time will tell. Now ask your last question."

What is your last question?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:01:21 pm by bahihs »

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 12, 2016, 12:56:07 am »

Ptw. You're a great storyteller.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 12, 2016, 02:54:39 am »

So, either ask about what is under the mountains or if there is anything else we can do to help her or her husband out in the area we operate in.

Or maybe the nature of sacrifice in the world?  Some of the points Eve brought up about sacrificing the goods and lives of others rang true to me.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 12, 2016, 08:40:05 am »

PTW
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47