Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who's your least favorite/most hated character?

Akhentef
- 1 (5.9%)
Muta
- 9 (52.9%)
Nameless Ant-god
- 3 (17.6%)
Sumidu (Muta's father)
- 0 (0%)
Gezaru
- 0 (0%)
General Ilkid
- 1 (5.9%)
George
- 2 (11.8%)
Azumah
- 1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47

Author Topic: You Are a Minor God  (Read 104657 times)

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Minor God
« Reply #675 on: March 31, 2016, 06:55:24 pm »

No, only boost her speed or strength at critical moments.
+1

You will let subtlety be your operating principle, assisting only if necessary. The two fighters enter the ring, they circle, a hush falls. Bupolu is wielding the shorter staff, they continue to circle. Eve spins her staff slowly -- they circle -- then Bupolu steps forward and lunges! It is a shallow blow. Eve steps to the right. Bupolu's staff hits only air. Eve pushes her staff toward Bupolu's extended knee. You decide you will not let this fight be a long one, it's time the god of rabbits reach beyond the confines of his title. You slow Bupolu's movements a half-second -- it is enough. The staff connects with the patella. There is a crack; bone on wood and the bone broken. Bupolu screams in agony and falls to the floor.

Eve is surprised by the victory, but quickly seizes the initiative, runs over to Bupolu's fallen body and presses her staff down on his neck. She looks up at the stands to where Akhentef sits. He is not smiling. Bupolu resigns the match and Eve leaves the ring with her first victory.

Spoiler: Meanwhile (click to show/hide)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 31, 2016, 07:06:23 pm »

What are the chances that a rodent dug a hole in the corner of the ring last night that no one noticed and that Eve's next opponent might accidentally stumble into it during the fight?

Also that is ominous and creepy, great job Muta.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 04, 2016, 09:28:43 pm »

What are the chances that a rodent dug a hole in the corner of the ring last night that no one noticed and that Eve's next opponent might accidentally stumble into it during the fight?

"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: April 05, 2016, 01:38:49 pm »

That was not necessary.  Our objective was to be there when Eve needs us, not to win her fights for her.  We should have let her take that guy by herself.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 05, 2016, 03:47:21 pm »

That was not necessary.  Our objective was to be there when Eve needs us, not to win her fights for her.  We should have let her take that guy by herself.

+1 Though we might need to give some divine intervention if things starts going sideways.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 09, 2016, 11:31:15 pm »

+1 Though we might need to give some divine intervention if things starts going sideways.

For the remaining fights you do not interfere, allowing Eve to fight on her own. But the other competitors are as chaff before the blade, none can stand against Eve's swift blows. Things are going well, the final fight is scheduled to take place tomorrow at noon. Eve will fight the best soldier among Akhentef's personal guard, if she wins, the quest is hers.

And yet something troubles you.

Some unseen thing pecks at the back of your mind, something forgotten or overlooked. Then Muta, the High God in his golden raiment appears before you and your stomach sinks.
"Greetings, Rabbit-God, it has been a while." You bow, turning your eyes away from the light.
"Likewise Muta, High God."
"Quite interesting isn't it? This whole Tef business?" A trick question to be sure, you must tread lightly.
"I know not Lord Muta. Such matters are beyond my narrow sphere." And here you swore never to bow your head, this is oathkilling! Yet this life, for the way to victory lies sometimes in subterfuge. George -- or Azumah -- would proud.
"Hmm. Perhaps. But enough chit-chat. Do you know why I have come?" The god of deals comes only for two things: to strike a deal and to be recompensed.
"I must admit I do not."
"Many years ago, you and I made a deal did we not? Do you remember it?" You give some mock hesitation, but of course the memory is scarred in.
"I do."
"And you also remember, that I delivered your Sybil, in exchange for a future favor?"
"Yes."
"Well...I have come to collect that favor."
"Ask, Lord Muta, if it is within my power, it shall be done." Your insides churn, but the formalities have to be.
"Have you felt it Arlore of the Rabbits? Do you know?" A strange question, you hesitate before answering.
"Know what, Lord Muta?"
"Look to your chosen, Rabbit god. Look hard. Do you see? You, of all the gods, should know!" And then you know, and the pecking at the back of your head, the doubt and the nervousness; all falls to bitter ash and bile.
"She's pregnant."
"Yes. Rabbit god, she is with child. She cannot feel it yet. Yet she shall know it soon enough. But that is beside the matter. You know now what I want." It's as if a nail is driven, blow by blow, into your stomach.
"This...is this not too much?"
"You defy me, Arlore? You break the sacred oath?"
"No! But this, please how can I ask this of her? Her first child? Please! Why this?" There is a silence. You are hopeful.
"The child shall be born among the first snow, then you will take him and bring him to me. I have spoken, and these are my terms...unless..."
"Yes?"
"Perhaps there is an alternative, if you are willing."
"Anything!"
"Eliminate Suha." You are stunned into silence. "It is your choice Arlore of the Rabbits, you have until the birth of her child. Choose wisely."

WDYD

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 10, 2016, 08:42:28 pm »

This motherfucker right here.

He dies slow.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 11, 2016, 05:43:24 pm »

Eve needs to know.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 11, 2016, 05:49:18 pm »

But not right now.

Hang on, Exact Words.  How can we game the language of this favor?

...Well first off, it doesn't say the child has to STAY.

Just that we have to bring the child to him.

And then we can run.  We are good at that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 05:50:56 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 11, 2016, 06:53:12 pm »

We could also ask the ant god to help, prepare a hole for us to flee through with the child.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 15, 2016, 11:47:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 28, 2016, 07:49:02 pm »

Eve needs to know.

We must remember Muta is very smart and cunning. He wants 2 things, the baby or Suha's death. Both of which must be significant. Suha could be a threat to him, but the baby could be power to him. We need to consider this well.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 28, 2016, 07:54:47 pm »

I say we deny muta, anyone up for god slaying?
No sig yet

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 14, 2016, 08:53:12 pm »

PTW

Muta is no ordinary god. He is in this game of power for a longer time, we can agile as a rabbit, and he isn't a god of wars, strength or else... but he can spend much more MP without fading.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 14, 2016, 11:46:52 pm »

Wow, its been so long since my last post. I'm really sorry to everyone that's been waiting, I've simply been so busy with schoolwork I just kept putting it off until I just...forgot about it.

Anyway, the fact that someone replied even now, deeply buried as this thread is, tells me you guys want resolution. And you will get it, I promise you. New post first thing tomorrow (as its quite late here, right now).

Again I apologize, but take heart! We will see this thing through to the end!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47