Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My heroic kittens  (Read 9435 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: My heroic kittens
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 02:27:00 am »

Hi!

Well, due to an accident, I had two named cats killed and they did get coffins, unlike the unnamed pet cats - and I also noticed that the dwarves linked to unnamed pet cats will get unhappy thoughts about the pet rotting away!

And just to add insult to the entire affair, there had been a cow brought by the dwarven caravan that got slaughtered by the goblins. I made it available to become a pet, but no dwarf was interested, so it remained "Stray Cow (Tame)". It died in the same accident - and it was burried in a coffin, the coffin being the "final resting place of stray cow (tame)" - Why does an unnamed cow that was not even a pet or otherwise linked to anything in the fortress get a coffin???????

Deathworks

Marsume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 09:56:00 am »

Ok fine Deathworks, here this is for you. Go to \DF\raw\objects\creature_domestic, go to cat and add this at the end. [TRAINABLE] Your cats will have more ability and you will be able to interact with them more. You could also have them breath fire and poop webs but the thought just frightens me to the core.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2007, 03:12:00 am »

Hi!

Thank you for the suggestion, Marsume, but I am not really into messing with the raws. Setting the population cap and other settings on the config level are as far as I go. I am just weird that way.

Deathworks

Pages: 1 2 [3]