Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 72352 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race
« Reply #570 on: August 05, 2015, 11:09:33 am »

Teneb, deadchat link?
No
Holy shit this is better than the actual game.
I know, right?  That was, like, my favorite deadchat ever.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 05, 2015, 12:00:46 pm »

Lenglon was Mafia? I'm not sure I would've been able to guess that.
My ears flick towards Persus13 and I purr.
Quote from: Lenglon
note: the reason for my self-imposed post restriction is Lyra cannot speak normally. It's actually just an RP thing. I intend to play it through though,

I knew that you were just RPing and didn't have a post restriction!
I look up and over at Persus13 and nod, my tail lazily flicking about.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 05, 2015, 01:50:07 pm »

Lenglon was scum ._.
I am town! D:
You are Annie Oakley (town).

Tiruin - Annie Oakley
Sharpshooter extraordinaire, Little Miss Sure Shot's here to entertain.

(Auto) Bull's Eye: If you're killed, a random player targeting you will receive a 1-shot kill.
(1-Shot, Night) Sharpshootershooter [target]: You shoot any weapons out of the air, protecting the target.
(1-Shot, Night) No-Harm Disarm [target]: You shoot any weapons out of the target's hands. Remove all kill actions from the target. (NOTE: Does not remove Mafiakills.)
(1-Shot, Night) Flare Gun [target]: Fire a giant flare that somehow no one notices (You're a really crack shot.) Reveal all players that action the target.
(1-Shot, Combo) Trick Shot: Add an extra flair to your next shot. You may only activate this ability while using another ability. Pick 1 - Choose (2) targets; Or randomly target (3) players. (NOTE: Random targets are not told to you.)
N1 action to Flare Gun BMC
Well. Let's do my finale today!

TrickShot: (1-Shot, Night) Sharpshootershooter [target]: You shoot any weapons out of the air, protecting the target.

> Shakerag
> Lenglon

Future action for N3:

(1-Shot, Night) No-Harm Disarm [target]: You shoot any weapons out of the target's hands. Remove all kill actions from the target. (NOTE: Does not remove Mafiakills.)

= Shakerag.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 05, 2015, 07:18:01 pm »

SO I was the one responsible for Shakerag's continual suicides.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No, actually, I was the one responsible for Shakerag's continual suicides.

You are Monomania (town).

Cheeetar - Monomania
One and done, amirite?

(Auto) Monomania! [target]: This may only be changed once per Day, during the Day Phase. All numbers in the target's role become 1. These numbers are reset to their original values if you change targets.
(1-Shot, Day) Tunnelvision [target]: You focus intensely on the target. If you are voting the target, the target is lynched. If you are not voting the target, you instead vote for the target infinite times.
(1-Shot, Night) Fixate On [target]: Become a copy of the target's role.
Hi! I'd like to Fixate On Persus13.
Your role has changed!

You are the Department of Redundancy Department (town).

Cheeetar - The Department of Redundancy Department
I'm under the impression that it looks like you're playing Mafia in a Mafia game to me but that's just my opinion and not fact.

(Auto) Town: You are Town and cannot ever not be Town. This ability matches the alignment you received this role as.
(Auto) Copies Of Copies: If you are killed or lynched, a random player targeting or voting you gains this role.
(Night) Redundant [target]: The target performs the same action as the previous Night.
(Night) Redundant2 [target]: The target performs the same action the following Night.

And then I just redundant'd Shakerag forever.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 05, 2015, 07:29:31 pm »

note: the reason for my self-imposed post restriction is Lyra cannot speak normally. It's actually just an RP thing. I intend to play it through though,

I god damn knew it and really should have made a bigger deal about it. I despise Org play.

And this is one reason why!

As for me, I was town. Sorry for lurking so badly during the first part of the game; I feel like I got back to useful later on, at least.
You are a Wriggly Apple Snake (town).

IronyOwl - Wriggly Apple Snake
Like, what am I SUPPOSED to make out of this role, Irony? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO MAKE?!?

(Auto) iTown: Reveal yourself as Town at the beginning of the game. Of course, this will only be incite massive WIFOM.
(Night) Wriggle, wriggle, wriggle, wriggle, wriggle [target/self]: Protect the target from kills. You may self-target this ability. How? Who cares! This ability is sexy and you know it.
(1-Shot) Tempt [target]: Give the target an apple and the Knowledge ability.

Extra Info:
(Day) Knowledge [target]: Bite into the apple of Knowledge. Reveal the target's role and alignment. You die.
I wriggled myself like a coward each night. I did have plans to Apple somebody as an ultimatum eventually, but wasn't sure who I wanted to make useful at knifepoint or when. Cheeetar and Lenglon were usually the top candidates, I believe.

Also I ignored Lenglon's question about if anyone was bulletproof because it was useless speculation and I wasn't about to out myself so she could do nothing marginally more accurately.

And then I just redundant'd Shakerag forever.
This is amazing and I would have been really sad if I'd lynched or forced you to commit suicide for inspecting or refusing to inspect somebody.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 05, 2015, 09:01:42 pm »

I god damn knew it and really should have made a bigger deal about it. I despise Org play.

And this is one reason why!
This is precisely why I didn't want anyone poking at Lenglon that way :3

Because I -knew her role-...well, I knew how that character is and acts. But I did not know the role in Mafia terms [so I honed in on what her role is, and the mannerisms, but the alignment and otherwise are unknown to me].

...And she was scuuuuuum! .-. Eep.

Do note, Lenglon did drop a few hints within her RPing about who she is. It's just =very subtle=.
Also its not 'Org play'. Org played his characters...very different from Lenglon, though it could be construed to be the same at first impression.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 05, 2015, 10:28:07 pm »

From what I read, Org did not play any character. Org just was extremely laconic.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 05, 2015, 10:33:45 pm »

Lenglon played a character.  Org was a character.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 05, 2015, 11:27:52 pm »

Sorry, but I intend to enjoy playing games, and RPing is part of the fun. I intended to play the way I did when I submitted the role in the first place, with no cares for my alignment. I don't know why you'd fixate on my unusual communication style instead of on the content of what I was communicating, but I'm not surprised by it. Which is why I claimed it as a restriction instead of admitting that I was just RPing. because Bay12 Mafia is all about conformity and playing as survivors instead of playing as actual town and putting yourself out there and forcing others to do the same - no risk taking allowed!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 06, 2015, 01:49:34 am »

Risk taking is one thing. 

Intentionally forcing a communication hindrance is another.

I'm almost a little surprised webadict let it slide when he yelled at ... whomever else that was.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 06, 2015, 01:53:41 am »

Just going to step in for a second.

Irony: I definitely would not call Lenglon's style this game Org play.  Lenglon did place style above comprehensibility, but she was consistently trying to contribute content (albeit only through methods that fit her chosen RP style, which didn't work well in Mafia).  Most was even understandable, at least to me.

I don't know why you'd fixate on my unusual communication style instead of on the content of what I was communicating, but I'm not surprised by it.
Lenglon: This is pretty easy to explain in general, outside of whatever makes Irony particularly strongly focused on it: your communication style, as a style, was fun, but as commmunication, it was not well suited for jargon-heavy Mafia.  You reconciled the stylistic and communicative goals reasonably well in many cases, but sometimes, particularly when you needed to use jargon, everything fell apart.  The worst was this absolutely impenetrable jargon dump.  When the substance of what you're saying is inaccessible, in whole or in part, due to the style, the style will become a major focus.  (Also, it was eye-straining: lots of thin quote boxes.)
because Bay12 Mafia is all about conformity and playing as survivors instead of playing as actual town and putting yourself out there and forcing others to do the same - no risk taking allowed!
Heh.  Normally, people complain about us not being accepting enough of survival-oriented town play.

I'm almost a little surprised webadict let it slide when he yelled at ... whomever else that was.
Shakerag: Wuba explained himself in the Lenglon/OSG scumchat:
Quote from: Webadict, scumchat #74
To be fair, OSG was actively lurking, which I am vehemently against. If he was being ridiculous but playing the game, if abnormally, I wouldn't have been as cruel. I would've done the same to anyone else.
OSG wasn't playing.  Lenglon was.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 06, 2015, 02:06:02 am »

Hey Jack, ... um, wait, no, nevermind.  I didn't have a question.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 06, 2015, 02:09:35 am »

Hey Jack, ... um, wait, no, nevermind.  I didn't have a question.
I have an answer anyway.

The answer is [REDACTED: FOIPPA Section 19 excemption].
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 06, 2015, 05:02:21 am »

Sorry, but I intend to enjoy playing games, and RPing is part of the fun. I intended to play the way I did when I submitted the role in the first place, with no cares for my alignment. I don't know why you'd fixate on my unusual communication style instead of on the content of what I was communicating, but I'm not surprised by it. Which is why I claimed it as a restriction instead of admitting that I was just RPing. because Bay12 Mafia is all about conformity and playing as survivors instead of playing as actual town and putting yourself out there and forcing others to do the same - no risk taking allowed!
If this was about conformity and playing safe, we'd have lynched you for being noticeable. If this was about being really hard to understand in a game about trying to understand each other, you'd have repeatedly had people asking you to explain what you meant, professing ignorance of what you were up to or what alignment you probably were, and generally leaving you alone for not being worth the effort.

The latter happened, the former didn't.

From what I read, Org did not play any character. Org just was extremely laconic.
Irony: I definitely would not call Lenglon's style this game Org play.  Lenglon did place style above comprehensibility, but she was consistently trying to contribute content (albeit only through methods that fit her chosen RP style, which didn't work well in Mafia).  Most was even understandable, at least to me.
I'll give you this, but I feel the basic idea of making them much harder to read and less able to scumhunt remains solid. I don't think there's many players in the game that'd say they had really solid reads on her or didn't have difficulty figuring out what she was saying.

Maybe the best way to phrase it is that normally you activelurk by structure (say stuff without providing information), whereas Lenglon was activelurking by consistency (saying stuff but obfuscating it such that the information provided was very hard to actually harvest). Org... I guess was just activelurking by structure to a really extreme degree. I guess that'd make the comparison inapt after all, other than doing it professionally and getting away with it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 06, 2015, 06:30:10 am »

IO, that's not lurking at all, active or not, that's obfuscation. and honestly, I just view what you said as defending lazy play. I don't have to be 100% transparant 100% of the time. especially since playing as a mafiabot is boring and unfun. and I play games for fun. people just need to be willing to actually put some effort into the game. I flat refuse to change my playstyle and stop having fun just so people can not pay attention and be lazy and get away with it.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41