Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]

Author Topic: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race  (Read 71385 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 14 - Night 4: A Tie-ght Race
« Reply #600 on: August 07, 2015, 01:58:23 am »

okay, sorry. I was being over-defensive.
thank you Jack for putting things into perspective. You're absolutely right. I was over-reacting to an attack I was strongly expecting that never happened. that was wrong of me. my apologies.
It's okay.  I'm not sure, but I think the time scale of Mafia, though generally great, might screw up how we look at incidents and patterns.  One act?  That's a real time day.  One irritating incident?  A whole day or two.  Incidents get perceived as covering the entire days they're associated with (in part because they sort of do cover those days), and end up seen as having happened more and more often than they actually did.  (The tension of the game contributes too, I think.)  Soon enough, you get people trying to lynch based on cases built on single action 'patterns' or people basing major meta arguments on minimal meta.

It was still annoying as hell.  To the point where I pretty much just wanted to ignore Lenglon.
It was irritating, but it didn't even make my top 3 irritants of my time alive.

Sorry with the abreviations! D:
That's nothing.  I just had a health care policy lecture last week that I think contained almost as many acronyms as actual words.  One of the slides was dedicated to laying out 7 different acronyms.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 09, 2015, 05:41:31 pm »

You are Wernher von Kerman (mafia-ally).

flabort - Wernher von Kerman
Ignore his genius, but you cannot ignore the greater... bad?

(1-Shot, Night) Achievement Unlocked! [target/self]: Reset all other 1-Shot abilities that the target or you have.
(1-Shot) Leave the Atmosphere: You are untargetable and unvoteable for the remainder of this Phase. All votes currently active are removed.
(1-Shot, Night) Paradigm Shift [target]: Change the target's alignment to Mafia-Ally.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So despite implying that I used the ability in dead chat, I only attempted to. Both times it failed.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 29, 2015, 08:07:07 pm »

((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 29, 2015, 08:07:37 pm »

wrong thread TBF. this is a dead game.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 29, 2015, 08:21:27 pm »

wrong thread TBF. this is a dead game.
Link?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 29, 2015, 08:37:29 pm »

you posted a Posting to Watch post in a thread that has had zero posts since Aug 10 and the moderator hasn't logged in to bay12 since July 22.
I don't know what you were looking for, but this isn't it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 30, 2015, 01:43:47 pm »

you posted a Posting to Watch post in a thread that has had zero posts since Aug 10 and the moderator hasn't logged in to bay12 since July 22.
I don't know what you were looking for, but this isn't it.
This game, only active.  :(
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]