Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Warhammer Mod r15 (???)  (Read 69829 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r6: Thriller
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2016, 03:41:21 pm »

You mean in your own mod? Trial and error was how I got it to happen. But, aside from nothing happeneing, there is usually an error message in dfhack when something is wrong.

How would you test if the interaction-trigger worked? I've tried adventure mode and arena mode with no dice, so I don't know if there's a specific way to test interaction-trigger. I've also had no error in dfhack.
As a rule, dfhack stuff won't work in the arena. I just fire up fort mode with whatever I need to make sure it can happen, and see if it works.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

thedonkified

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2016, 04:35:51 pm »

As a rule, dfhack stuff won't work in the arena. I just fire up fort mode with whatever I need to make sure it can happen, and see if it works.

Okay thanks! That was really helpful.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2016, 03:20:35 pm »

I'm waiting for Roses to update his class script since it will be essential for the Chosen. I may even extend it to stuff like Slayers (though not other similar things like fanatics), plus future stuff.

So in order not to just sit on this without doing anything, I'll get to work on more stuff. Next on the line are the Beastmen, since they'll reuse a lot of WoC stuff. Afterwards, I've yet to decide.

EDIT: Added upcoming changelog to OP again. Notable changes are a redesign of Jade Vampires (based on the interpretation (admittedly fan-fic) used in the CK2 mod Geheimnisnacht (link - requires registered CK2 though)), playable Northmen, Norscans and Beastmen, the Doom Diver, more runes for Runesmiths, change of the faction system to split Undead from Chaos.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 05:27:14 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Nibbler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2016, 04:43:42 am »

I think I found another bug. Gromril has no armor making allowed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2016, 05:40:00 am »

I think I found another bug. Gromril has no armor making allowed.
Thanks for reporting. Will be fixed.

Nibbler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2016, 03:07:56 am »

I think I found another one. Runic Gromril Axes dont have damage values. Damage for other items seems the same is this correct or does  an item being runic mean that its effects are altered in a different way?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2016, 05:37:24 am »

I think I found another one. Runic Gromril Axes dont have damage values. Damage for other items seems the same is this correct or does  an item being runic mean that its effects are altered in a different way?
Runic items use item-syndrome, a dfhack script, to give buffs to the user.

EDIT: Don't know how long Roses will take to remake their dfhack character class system, so I'll put in placeholder stuff for Chosen until then.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:02:32 pm by Teneb »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r7: Chaos Dunk
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2016, 12:56:59 pm »

Well, here's to a new version out. Many thanks to Boltgun for letting me use the conversion script from the Succubus Dungeon mod, which allowed for Daemons to try and possess prisoners.

Other notable changes are, of course, the Daemons themselves plus three other Chaos-focused entities (Norsca, Northmen, Beastmen), Making undead be hostile to Chaos while still being playable, and a few new creatures.

Next release will be small and mostly focused on filling out the neglected magic guide.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2016, 01:06:04 pm »

This should be pretty chaotic.

Also why do the Doombull, Cy, and Gho have hair?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2016, 01:08:25 pm »

This should be pretty chaotic.

Also why do the Doombull, Cy, and Gho have hair?
I feel like they should have some hair like cows. DF treats this kind of stuff a bit weird, and frankly there should be no notable difference other than to my own compulsive behaviour. Also they are filthy mutants.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2016, 04:29:18 pm »

Wooooo!!!! will probably give it a spin in a few days :D

Archonex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2016, 11:33:31 am »

This is a fantastic mod with a ridiculous number of features.  I'd put it up with Masterwork at the moment in terms of playable races and content.  Even if each race isn't a complete overhaul to become something new yet the changes that are there definitely change things up.

A couple quick questions:

Do firearms all use the blowgun skill?  I ask because according to the raws it seems that most of the human ones do. 

I also noticed that they seem extremely ineffective against many creatures that have some form of built in toughness or durability.  Even things like giant buffalo just shrug off the shots.  Typically they don't even penetrate the skin.  They just hit it real hard and maybe fracture something.  Anything above that point laughs them off. 

This remained true even when I started debugging it and made my handgunner corps full blown full legendary humans in all skills with various types of ammunition tested over time, letting them theoretically just smash everything.  It didn't seem to affect much.  Did I just luck out and get the most roided out monsters in the game world frequenting my fortress or what?

Long Rifles are a good example of this.  Looking up the details for this it seems that their ammo tends to not have much heft to it.  Even with iron.  Which seems to translate to the shots not having much in the way of effectiveness.  So that might be why. 

Also, Long Rifles don't shoot...Well, long.  Or very accurately even.  Is there any way to fix that?  It was a bit disconcerting to see what were essentially sniper rifles be used as near melee weaponry.  I mean, look at this thing.  http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hochland_long_rifle

The other thing was a question and suggesting regarding vampire counts.  As it is they have a lot of trouble with maintaining a stable population if you have an actually large number of vampires hanging around.  This is because the vampires are...Well, vampires.  They'll suck the life out of all of your ghouls and eventually go all monstery when they can't get their fix. 

This is problematic since you're essentially relying on the RNG to determine if not only one but two of your castes (One of them extremely powerful and arguably necessary depending on where you settle.) even get to exist.  Doubly so when you consider that ghouls might end up being essential parts of your economy.  Not that they shouldn't get fed on if necessary...But it can really screw things up with how it is now.

In the lore the VC's kept humans to do this on.  They even formed parts of their army, being peasant levies and all.  Might it not work better if there was some type of caste or semi-citizen pet type creature that could act as a preferred nutritious snack? 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 11:41:50 am by Archonex »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2016, 12:09:29 pm »

This is a fantastic mod with a ridiculous number of features.  I'd put it up with Masterwork at the moment in terms of playable races and content.  Even if each race isn't a complete overhaul to become something new yet the changes that are there definitely change things up.

A couple quick questions:

Do firearms all use the blowgun skill?  I ask because according to the raws it seems that most of the human ones do. 

I also noticed that they seem extremely ineffective against many creatures that have some form of built in toughness or durability.  Even things like giant buffalo just shrug off the shots.  Typically they don't even penetrate the skin.  They just hit it real hard and maybe fracture something.  Anything above that point laughs them off. 

This remained true even when I started debugging it and made my handgunner corps full blown full legendary humans in all skills with various types of ammunition tested over time, letting them theoretically just smash everything.  It didn't seem to affect much.  Did I just luck out and get the most roided out monsters in the game world frequenting my fortress or what?

Long Rifles are a good example of this.  Looking up the details for this it seems that their ammo tends to not have much heft to it.  Even with iron.  Which seems to translate to the shots not having much in the way of effectiveness.  So that might be why. 

Also, Long Rifles don't shoot...Well, long.  Or very accurately even.  Is there any way to fix that?  It was a bit disconcerting to see what were essentially sniper rifles be used as near melee weaponry.  I mean, look at this thing.  http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hochland_long_rifle

The other thing was a question and suggesting regarding vampire counts.  As it is they have a lot of trouble with maintaining a stable population if you have an actually large number of vampires hanging around.  This is because the vampires are...Well, vampires.  They'll suck the life out of all of your ghouls and eventually go all monstery when they can't get their fix. 

This is problematic since you're essentially relying on the RNG to determine if not only one but two of your castes (One of them extremely powerful and arguably necessary depending on where you settle.) even get to exist.  Doubly so when you consider that ghouls might end up being essential parts of your economy.  Not that they shouldn't get fed on if necessary...But it can really screw things up with how it is now.

In the lore the VC's kept humans to do this on.  They even formed parts of their army, being peasant levies and all.  Might it not work better if there was some type of caste or semi-citizen pet type creature that could act as a preferred nutritious snack? 
I am pretty sure I can't mod the max range/accuracy on ranged weapons. I'll look into it just to be sure anyway. I'll see if I can make guns more, well, gun-like. Blowgun skill was because basically no one even uses that skill. I guess crossbow could work too, but I wanted to split it.

On VCs, I'll try lowering their pop ratio to make them a bit rarer and make ghouls more common. You can always just lock your excess vampires in a room and/or dispose of them in creative ways if they get too much for you. I did intend it to be sort of a challenge, though perhaps not to this level.

EDIT: Ok, so here's what was the problem with guns: I was under the impression that the attack token in the ammo was only relevant for using it as a melee weapon. Turns out this is not the case (though the prepare_and_recover part is only relevant for that). Now they are edged and got decent penetration values, so they actually kill instead of just fracturing bones. I'm still experimenting with the projectile sizes, though.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:49:14 pm by Teneb »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2016, 12:49:27 pm »

Just tried out Beastmen; really fun to play overall, but they have a few minor bugs.

-Herdstone shard and trade depot are impossible to construct, as Beastmen have architecture disabled
-Bone and leather blocks are impossible to make in craftsman workshop (I have plenty of bones and leather)
-There seems to be a typo with one of the military classes: "Cor XXXXXX has become a radier." (instead of raider)
-Random frequent error messages in dfhack- dosent affect gameplay (for me) but is slightly annoying
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks btw :D :D :D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:51:07 pm by vishdafish »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2016, 12:51:50 pm »

Just tried out Beastmen; really fun to play overall, but they have a few minor bugs.
-Herdstone shard and trade depot are impossible to construct, as Beastmen have architecture disabled
-There seems to be a typo with one of the military classes: "Cor XXXXXX has become a radier." (instead of raider)
Whoops.

-Bone and leather? blocks are impossible to make in craftsman workshop (I have plenty of bones and leather)
Will look into it.

-Random frequent error messages in dfhack- dosent affect gameplay (for me) but is slightly annoying
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's likely affecting something. I'll try to fix it.

EDIT: Ok, I think everything is fixed. Will release later today, still got a manual to fill out and some minor stuff to add.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:10:00 pm by Teneb »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16