Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Warhammer Mod r15 (???)  (Read 69813 times)

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r8: Tardy Wizards
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2016, 05:24:07 pm »

Thanks bro , i love warhammer universe

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r8: Tardy Wizards
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2016, 04:42:59 pm »

New version out. Features of note are playable Gnoblars and Ghouls (don't expect anything really unique to them other than being pretty hard), thralls for the vampire counts to feed on, daemons of Malal, and the doomed ones (chosen of Malal, pretty much. Should be, I hope, a rare threat for chaos players.).

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

toasteroftoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r9: Such Savages
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2016, 11:01:48 pm »

Hullo, still loving this mod to bits; unfortunately every time I use the Idol of Gork (and Mork) with the Night Goblins more than once my game crashes...
I understand that Gork (and Mork) can be fickle and unpredictable, but I am thinking their powers might not extend to terminating my game upon invocation?
Thanks very much for the continued updates - love the Gnoblars being playable!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2016, 05:57:00 am »

Hullo, still loving this mod to bits; unfortunately every time I use the Idol of Gork (and Mork) with the Night Goblins more than once my game crashes...
I understand that Gork (and Mork) can be fickle and unpredictable, but I am thinking their powers might not extend to terminating my game upon invocation?
Thanks very much for the continued updates - love the Gnoblars being playable!
Are you playing on 0.43 or 0.42?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

toasteroftoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2016, 06:14:13 am »

Uh-oh, I'm probably doing my usual thing and not reading through install notes properly...
Everything else is working fine - I have played alot of Gnoblars and Necros and other races, and this is the first crash I have come across.
Apologies if I have made some daft mistake using 0.43?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2016, 07:38:47 am »

Uh-oh, I'm probably doing my usual thing and not reading through install notes properly...
Everything else is working fine - I have played alot of Gnoblars and Necros and other races, and this is the first crash I have come across.
Apologies if I have made some daft mistake using 0.43?
Nah, it's that a lot of people seem to be getting crashes in several mods because of the create-unit dfhack script in 0.43. It's why this mood it's still classified as for 0.42.06 in dffd.

Do tell me if you get crashes in that version though.

toasteroftoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2016, 09:32:50 pm »

Thanks for that.
Reinstalled in 42.06 and no issues at all.
Just wondering with the Necromancers, and the Shrine of Nagash summoning Undead, what the units summoned are, and what sort of probability there is on the summon, etc?
I had a poke around in the raws, and tried altering the basic materials required for the summon from refined warpstone to just a simple corpse for the sake of speed of testing, but I cannot seem to get the shrine to summon anything no matter which way I attempt it, modified or not.
I was just looking for a way to simply reanimate any corpse, or part thereof, directly from the Shrine, and assembling a lurching assortment of dead things to lumber around the map.
Do forgive my lack of knowledge of the intricacies of your mod - my only experience modding so far is a variant of the Kobolds mod, which did not utilise Dfhack at all, just adjusting and creating raw files.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2016, 05:52:50 am »

Thanks for that.
Reinstalled in 42.06 and no issues at all.
Just wondering with the Necromancers, and the Shrine of Nagash summoning Undead, what the units summoned are, and what sort of probability there is on the summon, etc?
I had a poke around in the raws, and tried altering the basic materials required for the summon from refined warpstone to just a simple corpse for the sake of speed of testing, but I cannot seem to get the shrine to summon anything no matter which way I attempt it, modified or not.
I was just looking for a way to simply reanimate any corpse, or part thereof, directly from the Shrine, and assembling a lurching assortment of dead things to lumber around the map.
Do forgive my lack of knowledge of the intricacies of your mod - my only experience modding so far is a variant of the Kobolds mod, which did not utilise Dfhack at all, just adjusting and creating raw files.
I'll look into it, see if units are spawning as they should. Either way, about half the necromancers should be capable of creating zombies through magic (though perhaps only in combat due to certain weirdness with interactions right now).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r10: Treebeard's Bad Moss Day
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2016, 03:45:42 pm »

Finally, an update.

What's new?
-Wood Elves
-Updated for 0.43.03
-Probably fixed creature spawning stuff.

What's next?
-Improve the manual (probably move it to google docs or something fancy like that)
-Bretonnia
-A super secret special race

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 26, 2016, 12:50:19 pm »

Reuploaded the mod with slight fixes to the spawning stuff, with great thanks to Meph.

philli46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2016, 02:38:12 am »

So I need help... I play df on a mac and I don't have the wonderful option to extract files into a specific folder and have everything work smoothly, and I have no idea if I've put the files in the right places. I have a hunch that you might know something about that...

I try to generate worlds with adv. params like you said(I'm just using the default param sets) and the game crashes when I hit confirm to accept my new world.

Please, I am so pumped to play this mod, and I am certain i have done something wrong to cause the crashing. If its any easier, could you pretty please make me a working mac version of your beautiful mod? (It just needs the mac versions of DF and DFhack and the mod files inserted by someone who's not an idiot.)

If you can help I would greatly appreciate it, I'd even make a graphics pack for this mod in appreciation :)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2016, 07:48:18 am »

So I need help... I play df on a mac and I don't have the wonderful option to extract files into a specific folder and have everything work smoothly, and I have no idea if I've put the files in the right places. I have a hunch that you might know something about that...

I try to generate worlds with adv. params like you said(I'm just using the default param sets) and the game crashes when I hit confirm to accept my new world.

Please, I am so pumped to play this mod, and I am certain i have done something wrong to cause the crashing. If its any easier, could you pretty please make me a working mac version of your beautiful mod? (It just needs the mac versions of DF and DFhack and the mod files inserted by someone who's not an idiot.)

If you can help I would greatly appreciate it, I'd even make a graphics pack for this mod in appreciation :)
The problem with a prepackaged mac version is that I get errors when I try to install the mac version of DF, I get errors that prevent me from completing the extraction. Namely, that it can't create symbolic links.

That said, all the stuff the mod changes is exactly the same across versions.

Make sure you: are using DF 0.43.03 and not 0.43.05; dfhack is not updated for the latest version of the game, and so neither is this mod. Also make sure you deleted the raw folder before dumping the contents of my own mod there.

Inside the wh.rar file is a folder simply called "wh". Delete the "raw" folder inside your df installation, then just take all the contents of "wh" and paste them into your df folder. Make sure dfhack is also installed.

Spoiler: the mod's contents (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2016, 11:56:13 am »

Okay, I did some tests and I think I messed up somewhere when I reuploaded the version with a fix, hence the worldgen crash. Going to dig around and upload a fixed version.

EDIT: Oh boy, it's one of those bugs that is hard to track because it could be anything. One thing I found, though, is that it only happens past a certain point in worldgen. Worldgens set to/stopped at around 30 years finish fine, if you want to play the mod right now.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:58:37 pm by Teneb »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2016, 01:58:46 pm »

Well, this is... odd. I managed to narrow it down to the Northman entity, getting multiple crashes at the same point only when the file was in the objects folder (removing it also prevented the crash), but now... I can't make it crash anymore. Didn't change anything either.

philli46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 28, 2016, 01:18:39 am »

Thanks for the help, the mod works now, sort of... I'm getting some crashing problems, but only when I generate a medium sized world or larger. (I think this might be tied in with your above mentioned bug. I will check.)

This is what DFHack says about my game crashes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, quite a few historical figures are showing up as "nothing." (i.e "so-and-so" was a female nothing)

There are also some red words and the repetitive use of the word "error" in the dfhack script that look like they might be important:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am pretty sure that this and the crashing are connected, as they both involve these "spatter add reactions".

And this might just be because I'm horribly unlucky, but so far I haven't been able to generate a world with dwarves in it... I'll keep trying and let you know if the problem persists!

Thanks, the mod is everything I've wanted in df and more, keep up the awesome work. Also, I'm gonna be posting some sample pixel art themes for a graphics pack I'm planning on making for this beautiful mod. They should go up within the next few days (depending on work and life etc. etc.).

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16