Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Warhammer Mod r15 (???)  (Read 69892 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r11: We capture it for Chaos!
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2016, 03:13:17 pm »

I may have found the cause, but have yet to test it. I'll try to get a fixed version out either today or, more likely, tomorrow.

For the next version, I think I will rework a lot of things. I've become unsatisfied with past decisions, so some things will go away and most of the random chance stuff will be split and become guaranteed at a higher price when applicable.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arrek

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarves are overrated. Magma is the new dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2016, 01:24:55 am »

This is one amazing mod, I'll tell you that. I can tell a huge amount of work went into it! I'm particularly enjoying my Beastman Camp. Having an entirely military civ is crazy and !!FUN!!.

Some suggestions: Beastmen should be allowed to butcher intelligent creatures. After all, they don't care what they eat so long as it's meat. Hell, human legs are a delicacy to them! Additionally, I feel like there should be a resizing station called a 'hammering stone' or something where you can turn a larger or several smaller pieces of equipment into one wearable by the beastmen. It'd make the army seem way more combat-centric and it'd definitely balance their lack of metal industry! Not to mention I think it'd be lore friendly.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2016, 05:33:02 am »

Some suggestions: Beastmen should be allowed to butcher intelligent creatures. After all, they don't care what they eat so long as it's meat. Hell, human legs are a delicacy to them!
Actually, it is allowed. Problem is that a bug was introduced with DF 0.40.01 that prevents anything from intelligent creatures from being used in reactions. Until Toady fixes that, I can't do anything.

Additionally, I feel like there should be a resizing station called a 'hammering stone' or something where you can turn a larger or several smaller pieces of equipment into one wearable by the beastmen. It'd make the army seem way more combat-centric and it'd definitely balance their lack of metal industry! Not to mention I think it'd be lore friendly.
This is a good idea, though.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2016, 05:38:58 am »

Neat! PTW
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2016, 09:02:53 am »

Add in manual a list of materials and weapons .

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2016, 05:23:34 pm »

As an update to my bug, yeah, uh... Warriors Of Chaos adventurers just instantly crash when I try and play them.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2016, 07:35:02 pm »

As an update to my bug, yeah, uh... Warriors Of Chaos adventurers just instantly crash when I try and play them.
This helps a lot. Though I think I may have fixed it unintentionally while fixing something else. I just ran a WoC adventurer and, though he was horribly murdered a few steps in, I didn't get a crash.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2016, 05:08:39 am »

So is the download updated? Also, is there a reason for the weird piss-filter over everything? It's kind of hard on the eyes.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2016, 08:03:05 am »

So is the download updated? Also, is there a reason for the weird piss-filter over everything? It's kind of hard on the eyes.
Not yet. It's just a colour scheme. It can be easily changed.

EDIT: To be clearer about the "not yet", since I posted that from my phone, I am pretty sure all crashes have been taken care of. I've now begun fixing all oversights that probably don't cause problems or are even noticeable, but bother me anyway. I'll then do a pass on all playable creatures, removing and adding new reactions and buildings as needed to make them better and, finally, non-player creatures will all get stats (only some have them right now) as well as personalities for the intelligent ones.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 09:27:38 am by Teneb »

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2016, 02:10:01 pm »

Launch the update and please change the color scheme and the musics

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2016, 02:14:34 pm »

Although I am not a massive fan of the color scheme, the music is pretty cool, and I think it fits the mod better than vanilla music. If you want to change the color scheme, you can do it yourself pretty easily. Just copy colors text folder from a vanilla version and replace it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2016, 04:35:01 pm »

Although I am not a massive fan of the color scheme, the music is pretty cool, and I think it fits the mod better than vanilla music. If you want to change the color scheme, you can do it yourself pretty easily. Just copy colors text folder from a vanilla version and replace it.
I'll probably just remove both from further versions, while adding instructions for those who want that kind of customization.

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2016, 10:01:39 am »

I want the color scheme from the mod .

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2016, 01:35:22 pm »

Began the entity rework. First up are the Warriors of Chaos because I have more ideas for them.

So far what I got is: the Chaos Shrine becomes the Ruinous Altar. At first you can propitiate Chaos (free) for minor blessings but with an equal chance of becoming spawn or forsaken, that can be friendly or hostile. Once you got enough of the appropriate resource, you can consecrate it into a warshrine dedicated to Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, or Chaos Undivided. Resources for each are: totems, meat (can be rotten), booze, paper, and warpstone. Still undecided on the quantities.

At each warshrine all reactions will cost the same item (at various quantities) you used to build it. You can propitiate each god (or undivided in it's own case) for a higher chance of mutations with lesser chance of horrible backfiring; you can summon specific daemons (with a very small chance of them either being hostile, nothing happening, or there being an "accident"; you can mark the creature running the reaction (gives a bonus, but locks them out of certain mutations and stuff specific to other gods); you can have the creature running the reaction swear allegiance to that deity (more on that below); or you can train them as a sorcerer in the lore of that god (Khorne and Undivided don't have specific lores, so this is not available for them).

The allegiance will use roses' class system. All who do this will become a zealot of their god (or undivided zealot). As they kill things, they will gain levels and small boosts to their stats. When they reach the max level, if they have enough ambition they will rise to the next tier. Princedom requires an ambition of 85 to reach, and is the max "tier" of the class for those who swear themselves to Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh, or Tzeentch. But Chaos Undivided works differently. Instead of becoming a daemon prince, they'll be an Everchosen. But that's not the end of the road, because those Everchosen who have the unlikely value of 100 in their ambition stat will become Grand High Marshal of Chaos and gain insane stat boosts.

Other workshops include the Trial Pit, where you can risk death or injury to increase a warrior's combat skills without waiting for invaders; the Palanquin of Trophies, where you can offer the weapons and armour of your fallen foes to get new migration waves; the Beast Lair, where you can get various warbeasts; and the Arcane Vortex, where you can train sorcerers of the regular battle lores (well, those available to these guys anyway) and can be expanded into the Chaos Rift, where, in addition to training sorcerers, you can also bring forth all sorts of mutants.

Much better than having a single workshop that acts as an effect roulette, at any rate.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2016, 10:52:32 pm »

Planning phase is mostly over, I expect to finish the whole thing this weekend (though I don't know how long it'll take to test it all).

Spoiler: Tentative Changelog (click to show/hide)
Stuff with "<-" is a note to self that it is still unfinished.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16