Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Warhammer Mod r15 (???)  (Read 69890 times)

Kristviljan

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh shit, I'm sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r11: We capture it for Chaos!
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2016, 04:16:14 pm »

Are mutations included in this mod? I haven't gotten around to actually playing yet so I'm sorry if the question is something that's easily answered in-game.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 08, 2016, 04:34:32 pm »

Are mutations included in this mod? I haven't gotten around to actually playing yet so I'm sorry if the question is something that's easily answered in-game.
Sort of. They can be gained (and will still be able to be gained after the rework) by the WoC, Norse and Beastmen at a certain workshop. I may do something for regional interactions too, but have to see how feasible it is.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kristviljan

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh shit, I'm sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2016, 09:14:53 am »

So I assume mutations aren't a factor in Adventure mode. How does learning magic work in Adventure mode? Is it just like normal with you finding slabs containing the secrets of this lore or that lore or can you learn it in some other way?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2016, 10:16:08 am »

So I assume mutations aren't a factor in Adventure mode. How does learning magic work in Adventure mode? Is it just like normal with you finding slabs containing the secrets of this lore or that lore or can you learn it in some other way?
Find slabs and be able to learn that lore. For instance, only a goblin can learn the lore of da little waaagh!.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kristviljan

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh shit, I'm sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 10, 2016, 08:52:58 am »

I suppose it's a side effect of having a character roll for the spells it learns with a specific Lore but I tried running a Keeper of Secrets adventurer and found that I only learned 3 or 4 of the spells from the Lore of Slaanesh when I used it's natural ability to learn the Lore. This doesn't really seem like it's working as intended, I mean a greater daemon of Slaanesh should be able to cast all the spells from the Lore of Slaanesh but then again I didn't make this mod so I wouldn't know.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2016, 09:27:53 am »

I suppose it's a side effect of having a character roll for the spells it learns with a specific Lore but I tried running a Keeper of Secrets adventurer and found that I only learned 3 or 4 of the spells from the Lore of Slaanesh when I used it's natural ability to learn the Lore. This doesn't really seem like it's working as intended, I mean a greater daemon of Slaanesh should be able to cast all the spells from the Lore of Slaanesh but then again I didn't make this mod so I wouldn't know.
It's as designed. Keep in mind that you are still a greater daemon and thus pretty much unstoppable.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2016, 08:04:08 pm »

Ok, figure I might do a status update. Dwarfs, Empire, and the Vampire Counts are pretty much done in terms of changes. All I need to do is a few changes to entities (which I'm leaving for last so I don't need to go back and forth). Skaven and Necromancers are next for changes, but theirs are minor in comparison. That will then leave the Greenskins, which will also be simple, and Chaos. Ghouls will be lucky if they get anything other than a few tweaks to their creature.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2016, 06:59:47 pm »

All right, I think I can finish nearly everything tonight. Most of what would be left over for tomorrow would be testing and the manual (which I will likely put up before I start testing).

After the last post I did the changes I needed to do to Necros and Skaven, then did about half the stuff for Greenskins. Now I'm wrapping up there and will head for Chaos. After that, it's Wood Elves, who will likely not receive too much (but may in the future if I get ideas), and misc stuff.

EDIT:
Spoiler: Tentative Changelog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:04:22 pm by Teneb »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2016, 02:25:59 am »

Too tired, I was about to question why you were adding Necrons to the map.

Though for Wood Elves you could make it so they could awaken Dryads, Treekin, and Treemen (Along with ancients) with all the various arrow types that cause debilitating effects, along with some ability to make forests or something, I dunno how effective one can work the fancy DFhack stuff.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2016, 10:44:45 am »

Too tired, I was about to question why you were adding Necrons to the map.

Though for Wood Elves you could make it so they could awaken Dryads, Treekin, and Treemen (Along with ancients) with all the various arrow types that cause debilitating effects, along with some ability to make forests or something, I dunno how effective one can work the fancy DFhack stuff.
Pretty sure I can't do the Make Forest thing. At least with currents scripts. The rest I already did (and threw Zoats in because why not). I'm working on regional stuff now, mutations and stuff (and anti-Chaos and anti-Undead effects for good regions, which is already done).

EDIT: I'd rather not double post just yet, since I may end up releasing a version today (I sure hope so). There are only six things that need to be done:
-Stat creatures (boring, drawn out)
-Finish regional interactions (interesting, still should take some time)
-Add artifacts (not as interesting, who knows how long)
-Add three inorganics (really fast)
-Do the new manual (needs to be done)
-Testing (could be fast, could take more than a day)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:09:20 pm by Teneb »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r12: A Grudge Stricken
« Reply #190 on: August 24, 2016, 02:48:49 pm »

Version out. I couldn't do any sort of testing involving forts with huge populations because my CPU died and I'm having to use an old one that I luckily had kept around.

Fixed a lot of stuff, added a lot of stuff. Manual will come soon, but I didn't want to keep the mod on hold because of that. Halflings were added and are playable, but have no custom interactions other than basic stuff like blocks that everyone else has.

Regional stuff didn't make it because I'm going to need to think for a bit on that.

Spoiler: changelog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 02:51:15 pm by Teneb »

toasteroftoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2016, 06:43:37 pm »

Hooray for new versions, and for Halflings at last!
Thanks for all your continued work - fantastic mod.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2016, 07:02:05 pm »

gasp
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2016, 09:51:45 pm »

I let a bug slip by and chosen are not working correctly. The next update is small is almost ready. I just need to do two workshops and some interactions and the manual. The first wo are fast, but I dislike making workshops in general. The manual will take a bit more but I might have it done tomorrow if I can muster the will to do it. A fix for the chosen will, of course, be added with it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r13: Omelette du Fromage
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2016, 05:08:39 pm »

New version out. Fixed some stuff, Bretonnia is playable. I forgot to include the manual, but I'll just reupload soon since there will be no changes to the mod itself.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16