Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Warhammer Mod r15 (???)  (Read 69851 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r15: Lost Glories
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2016, 07:35:11 am »

Dear Teneb-san
An interesting turn of event has happened, i was playing with your r15 with a dfhack 43.05 alpha, i was planning to play as undeads (necro, vamp, tombies) in a large world with mineral everywhere, high site, savagery, civ and beast-it bothers me to wait the 2 weeks the game have to advance before i was able to check which civ the game choose me to play, so i remove the [site_controllable] token from most civ to narrow down the choices , and for some reason after i did this, it allows me to play as critters...yes you heard that right! First the game set me up for a cave spider civ, when i start it immediately says that my civ has crumbled, maybe this is due to no sentient being present, then a nightmare, and last a unicorn civ! After the third attempt i thought id report this problem, it may not be your mod, might just be dfhack bugs, but just want to let you know about this, and maybe you could explain what you thought might have gone wrong and give me some advice to avoid such happenstance if one were to make a civ mod (yes, i might do so one day and im gathering as much info as possible on df modding  ;D )
Duped raws. Did you delete the raw folder before installing?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2016, 12:46:22 pm »

Duped raws. Did you delete the raw folder before installing?
Seriously?! is that even possible?! my raws are right here with me, all i do was edit the entity raws...again, this is proabably the unexpected effects of dfhack, will try new install without dfhack...XD seriously thou hahaha, this suprised me! critter civ...

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 17, 2016, 01:08:01 pm »

Nevermind, it was a silly mistake of me, i just discovered that if you had multiple playable race, going up and down the "your civ" tab will change the race im playing, it just so happens that the game choose critter...with that resolved, i still dont get it thou, why is there critter civ along with the normal civ now

toasteroftoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 26, 2016, 05:05:32 pm »

Hullo, thanks again for the work on the mod.
Just recently had some time free to play, and noticed a few problems with the Night Goblins.
They are missing the building permission for Stompin' Grounds, which was simple enough to add into their entry, but nothing whatsoever seems to be happening with both praying to Mork at the idol, and most especially the Beast Pens. I sink loads of shrooms into them to try and breed some eatin' squigs, or plain squigs, or anything at all, and no squigs are produced.
The poor gobbos just spend their days and nights at the workshops going like the clappers at it, but nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong with both of these buildings? Is it something simple I can repair at this end?
Thanks!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 26, 2016, 07:39:00 pm »

It is quite likely some, or a lot of, stuff is broken because dfhack is hard when you are not a wizard. Anyway, I have no idea when or if I'll update this. I've taken to modding CK2, which I found much more pleasurable (and easier to debug), so who knows.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

toasteroftoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 26, 2016, 10:14:23 pm »

Thanks for the reply; I have absolutely no idea how you have achieved so much in dfhack. I had a scrounge through the files whilst trying to find a way to fix it myself, and it was just overwhelming.
All of this stuff aside, and regardless of where the mod goes in the future, I just wanted to let you know how much what you have achieved thus far has been appreciated.
I might have to tinker away a little and see if I can cobble something together for the squigs and the shroom farming - they are just such a great concept and so fun.
Good luck with your future endeavours; I will have to look into CK2 and see if much has been done in relation to Warhammer modding.

Archonex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2017, 06:52:49 am »

This is easily one of the best mods on here at the moment.  The sheer variety in races and features coupled with the familiarity of Warhammer makes it awesome to play.  Hopefully you come back to it some day.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2017, 11:12:06 am »

This is easily one of the best mods on here at the moment.  The sheer variety in races and features coupled with the familiarity of Warhammer makes it awesome to play.  Hopefully you come back to it some day.
I do plan on revisiting this. I just don't know when. But I'd like to complete this mod. Redeem myself, in a way.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Decided to set aside a few days to work on this, add what is missing, bring it to where I want it to be, fix everything, etc.

If you have a suggestion, any suggestion, post it. Even if it is impossible to do in DF, it may still end up giving me an idea anyway.

One of the main things I am doing right now is a complete rework of magic. It'll be moved to roses' class system, and instead of rolling for spells you instead can teach the wizards spells when they reach specific levels. The lore attributes will actually be passive effects (for lores without attributes, I'll just make one up). Easily-accessible fire spells will be nerfed by using a fake fire material (with the high level ones being actual DF fire).

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:14:11 am by Teneb »

toasteroftoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r15 (Working on it)
« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2017, 09:31:45 pm »

Hooray! So glad to see you are working on this amazing mod - will try to get some time to put up suggestions or whatnot.
Honestly though, looking over all the prospective additions in the new changelog, it's pretty impossible to think of much else to add. I remain astounded at how much has been achieved in this mod.
Very best of luck with it!

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 01, 2017, 12:58:36 am »

Any Suggestion hmm..

I'd like as Orcs and goblins to create a effigy to Gork/Mork that can be risen up as a giant stone golem. http://s3.amazonaws.com/strongholdbucket/monthly_2016_07/wf_rogueidolp9.png.aba99ee217f9ea3be1dd1020d26fe77a.png

I'd like for various Potions that can be created by various races that can cause certain effects for a time.

Ability for Chaos to grant magical abilities to non-casters through ritual. (may be in.. been a while since I've properly played Chaos).

The Ability for Brettonian's to go on "Quests" that let them bring things back, or potentially become Grail blessed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2017, 07:52:53 pm »

I'd like as Orcs and goblins to create a effigy to Gork/Mork that can be risen up as a giant stone golem. http://s3.amazonaws.com/strongholdbucket/monthly_2016_07/wf_rogueidolp9.png.aba99ee217f9ea3be1dd1020d26fe77a.png
I think that right now a rogue idol might be one of the effects of praying to gork or mork. But it is likely broken along with the rest. I'll make a way to get a non-hostile one as a goal for a developed fort to shoot for.

I'd like for various Potions that can be created by various races that can cause certain effects for a time.

Ability for Chaos to grant magical abilities to non-casters through ritual. (may be in.. been a while since I've properly played Chaos).
Unless you mean training sorcerers, no it is not in. It's a good idea, though. Granting temporary spells seems something Tzeentch would do.

The Ability for Brettonian's to go on "Quests" that let them bring things back, or potentially become Grail blessed.
Classes were broken (I think I fixed it now, but need to test), but Grail Knights are a thing for especially brave Bretonnians. I dislike the whole fake sending people off the map thing that some mods do, because of how it involves transformations (and thus a complete healing and rerolling of physical stats). Fortunately, from Toady's devlogs it seems next version will have people being sent offmap in fort mode, so there's that.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2017, 01:18:16 am »

Are Tomb Kings in ? I haven't seen any around.

I thought about getting back into modding but I have no idea what more could be done RAW wise since I have no experience with dfhack and the sort.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:24:31 am by Dbuhos »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2017, 09:36:34 am »

Are Tomb Kings in ? I haven't seen any around.
Will be. Check the changelog a few posts above.

Danderrion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2017, 08:20:23 pm »

Sup, I've had a problem when I tried to launch a new game in Dwarf Fortress it says raw/objects/text/book_instruction.txt NOT FOUND anyone have a solution for that?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16