Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Warhammer Mod r15 (???)  (Read 69825 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fortress: Project Revival (IN PROGRESS)
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 12:37:26 pm »

Decided to dump my ideas for the Dwarfs here. Because what I need most are ideas for how everything will play. Dwarfs are perhaps more developed (concept-wise) than others, but still. It's just a bunch of notes though, so may be a bit jumbled.

-removed stuff-
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:58:35 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2015, 02:15:53 pm »

I hope this mod is going well and making good progress, i look forward to playing it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2015, 11:59:58 am »

Moved this out of releases because I'm pretty much remaking this from nothing and I feel like mods that are not "released" should not be in the release section.

Progress still slow but should increase the pace a bit since I'm currently idle. While I tend to focus on Fort mode (and will for this mod), I feel like there should be stuff for adventure mode players too. While I am not sure on adventurer reactions, there will be a few adventurer-only starts. For the first release, I'm planning on you being able to adventure as a regular dwarf from one of the civs that might pop up, or one of the following as outsiders (list may increase): Bloodletter, Plaguebearer, Pink Horror, Daemonette, Dwarf Slayer, Dwarf Runesmith.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:06:12 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2015, 12:24:44 pm »

Need help? No clue about the warhammer universe, but I could lend a hand in upgrading the RAWs.

Also, I'm posting this at 2am in the morning, so I hope I don't regret this. ;D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:27:01 pm by Bearskie »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2015, 12:28:12 pm »

Need help? No clue about the warhammer universe, but I could lend a hand in upgrading the RAWs.
Upgrading is pretty much done, new stuff is where I'm at. It's just that I am adding an unnecessary level of detail to stuff (odor strings, sounds, personality, etc), and going over creatures several times. I need to update the creature count in the OP, but I am currently going over creatures again to make sure stuff matches up to the tabletop rules and lore.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2015, 07:21:32 pm »

Keep up the good work TENEB.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 01:57:38 pm by mcolombe »

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2015, 08:24:36 pm »

You, gentlemen, are doing god's work.

I'm now done class until January and the new release of DF has gotten me reinvigorated to play some more of this game. It's been several years since I've done any tinkering with the Chaos guys (my original contribution) but I'll be tweaking things and trying to get them a little less disastrous! If I succeed, I will put the results up here.

Teneb/Sdood, if you guys have an overarching vision for this, let me know so I can shape things to align with that better. I honestly haven't touched DF or the chaos warriors in a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of things have really changed or seem glaringly out of place. I'll gen up some worlds and try and get a better feel for what's going wrong and will get some changes implemented. 

EDIT: Early changes:

-Chaos big guys were too big. They are smaller now. 

-Tweaked a few built-in personality traits and skills.

-Changed the pop ratios up. Previously the split between cultists and warriors was about 1:1. Is now 300:100 with champions (the demigods) remaining at 1. So the really beefy warriors are much more rare.

-Pink horrors can now properly spit and throw fire

-Tweaked weapon values around a bit to reflect smaller size of chaos warriors.

-Modified Entity ethics a little bit.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:37:50 pm by mrtspence »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod: Project Revival (IN PROGRESS)
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2016, 05:16:57 pm »

Status update because this is still alive.

While there is still a lot left to do, the main obstacle here is time. The initial release may not include stuff that needs DFHack if, by some miracle, I get it done before the utility get updated. This means that some stuff will be outright missing or non-functional, but I will at least list those things. The initial version will have only the dwarfs as playable, as stated before, but I will also add three non-playable entities (that will probably never be playable) to keep things interesting: gnoblars (filling the position of kobolds as annoying thieves), ghouls (ambushers. also included are Strigoi vampires, so beware!) and trolls (their point is just to have some war going on at all times). Gnoblars will have no sieges, while ghouls will come early and trolls a bit after, but still somewhat early.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:22:34 am by Teneb »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2016, 09:36:11 am »

Mod is going along well. Only 99 creatures need to be done, out of a total of 265 (might lose a few as I notice repeated entries). Secrets and curses are pretty much done; I intend to add some weather interactions later, but that'll wait until dwarfs are not the only playable faction. Once these 265 creatures are done, I'll have to check each of them for missing or misplaced stuff, but that is pretty quick stuff.

Hopefully, something will be out by the end of this month.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2016, 06:27:32 pm »

Release of the first version is close! There would need to be some major problems to prevent me from not finishing today. All that is left is fixing whatever bugs I find in the errorlog and then some some testing to make sure stuff is working right.

EDIT: Certainly coming tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:56:01 pm by Teneb »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r1: Stormhammer
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2016, 03:36:57 pm »

And it's out! After quite a while in development, I am quite proud to announce that the first version is done. Included in various spoilers below is the manual.

Spoiler: General Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fear and Terror (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unplayable (click to show/hide)

The next release will focus on integrating Deon's DF Wanderer mod.

Finally, have a teaser:

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2016, 06:14:47 pm »

The next release will focus on integrating Deon's DF Wanderer mod.
I won't guarantee it, but I'll try to get a second faction, probably an "evil" one in the update. It'll probably run into the problem of it having access to daemons or undead creatures when it shouldn't, but not much I can do about until we get a stable DFHack.

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2016, 09:47:12 pm »

Looking great so far!

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2016, 07:11:18 am »

Heyo, I've been working for a time on adding skaven to Dwarf Fortress and came across this a while back; I'm finally happy enough with my progress that I'm pretty certain I'll actually be done with it sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately, due to limits in vanilla DF in applying syndromes with reactions, I'm probably going to try to put in some DF hack integration, since some of the stuff I wanted to put in (special weapons and mutations) sort of rely on that to work consistently. But right now I'm just going to try to finish what I've got for vanilla DF.

Still, I'm going to post what I've got in here at that point; I'm probably past halfway done at this point so it can be put in. I've been designing it to not conflict with existing namespaces by basically tacking SKAVEN_* before everything so hopefully it won't be too much of a pain to integrate despite being built as a standalone. I haven't looked at this mod to see how it does things so some of the stuff would probably need to get reconfigured, particularly magic.

Spoiler: what it has (click to show/hide)

here's where its at so far, hosted on some likely very suspect hosting; its a bit of a mess with a lot of half-completed, untested stuff and random comments i put in, but you can kind of tell where im going with it
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04202217784418724631

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2016, 09:27:28 am »

hosted on some likely very suspect hosting
First off, use DFFD for uploading. It's a service for exclusively uploading and downloading DF mods and saves. Also very save.

* rat ogres, hellpit abomination, wolf rat, pox rat, verminlord, doomwheel, doomflayer
With the exception of the 'wheel and 'flayer, that are siege engines rather than creatures, the rest are already in. You can't see rat ogres currently because they don't have biomes.

Anyway, I can integrate this if you want, but I'll probably do some big changes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16