Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Warhammer Mod r15 (???)  (Read 69821 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r4: Get to da Choppa!
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2016, 09:58:48 am »

Been having issues generating a good world, any good seeds you all been using?
I test the mod with medium region. Usually the game tells you what is the issue when getting too many rejections. Did you get any message of the sort?

Unable to spawn dwarf civilizations, I'm gonna say now I never used to fiddle with the advanced gen stuff, so I am not savvy with figuring this stuff out.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2016, 10:06:47 am »

Been having issues generating a good world, any good seeds you all been using?
I test the mod with medium region. Usually the game tells you what is the issue when getting too many rejections. Did you get any message of the sort?

Unable to spawn dwarf civilizations, I'm gonna say now I never used to fiddle with the advanced gen stuff, so I am not savvy with figuring this stuff out.
Strange. I've seen worlds without dwarfs appear with no problems because there are other playable entities. Dwarfs not appearing is likely due to there being a single mountain range and it being good/evil. I'll do some testing.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2016, 10:22:55 am »

Got the dwarf civ warning twice, then having trouble placing savagery, then back to Dwarf.

Edit: Finally went through, took a bit though.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 10:26:19 am by ZebioLizard2 »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2016, 11:27:09 am »

It seems things get reject-happy on large regions. Still waiting on the error popup to see what is going on.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2016, 11:39:33 am »

Made a few worlds, everything seems to be spawning in properly though I have yet to see Savage Orcs actually survive worldgen.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2016, 03:03:53 pm »

Just nearly lost my forest goblin fort to an attack by a named fenbeast in the late fall of year 1. The fort was a short wooden palisade with a wooden door for a gate, with hemp tents scattered around a log longhouse inside. Scaregoads the Spiral of Killers rushed into the hold and toppled the gate-door, and the giant spider roaming around inside the perimeter immediately attacked the thing. They fought for a while with neither getting a hit in on the other, until Scaregoads managed to grapple the spider and break it's legs. The spider couldn't really dodge anymore, and didn't last too long after that.

So I ordered everyone (13 goblins) to go hide in the longhouse and pick up the bone choppas I'd stowed away in there for emergencies like this one. The tents didn't have doors, so Scaregoads came straight for the longhouse. The goblins all attacked it, but they really didn't stand a chance. Lucky hits would chip and fracture, but Scaregoads didn't really seem to care, and was surprisingly good at dodging. It killed four goblins by throwing them, and seven more died from having things pulped/crushed or bleeding out. Scaregoads did eventually die, after a weaver got a lucky shot to the head in, but he and the other survivor are all too heavily injured to do anything. Hopefully migrants show up before they die and can help them out. I'd like the weaver to live, at least. I'll have to invest in a proper militia and some piercing weapons too, I think.

Anyway, pretty much everything with them seems to be working properly. The effects at the altar seem to work, but I never got a spider. That's supposed to be pretty rare though, right?. A lot of the combat skills have the same name as well, which is sort of confusing. If these guys die I'll try out the hobgoblins.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:05:27 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2016, 03:07:34 pm »

Anyway, pretty much everything with them seems to be working properly. The effects at the altar seem to work, but I never got a spider. That's supposed to be pretty rare though, right?. A lot of the combat skills have the same name as well, which is sort of confusing. If these guys die I'll try out the hobgoblins.
I think you just got unlucky with the spiders. But the names are supposed to be confusing (not that it matters too much, since your weapon options are limited).

toasteroftoast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2016, 10:02:41 am »

Just wanted to say thankyou for all your work - brilliantly realised thus far.
I have only had time to play my all-time Warhammer favourites the Night Goblins so far, and they are hugely enjoyable, thanks to the inclusion of all the squigs, shrooms, fanatics and such.
It is quite amazing how many more playable civs you have already got in there, just going over the change notes. Cannot wait to try some of the others.
Really hope you are able to keep working on it, and thanks again!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2016, 10:35:32 am »

I think you just got unlucky with the spiders. But the names are supposed to be confusing (not that it matters too much, since your weapon options are limited).
Okay, I've been thinking and it might not've been because of luck. I'll need to test, but I may have not done the creature-spawning thing correctly. If it turns out I got it wrong, I'll upload a version that'll fix that and only that.

EDIT: Yup, was wrong. Also apparently land holders cannot appear before the first outpost liaison, which is a damn shame.

EDIT 2: Uploading fixed version now. I hope it all works.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:22:20 am by Teneb »

Volke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2016, 10:33:42 am »

There seems to be an issue with the Vampire Counts faction. On embark zombies, wights, and skeletons seem seem to think themselves wounded, though seem to have no issues. They refuse to take up labors, though they will follow military orders. Honestly, I didn't play much longer due to the lack of a labor force, so I haven't tested things as much as I probably should have. Good work, though, I'll be making my way through some of the different races as I have time.
Edit: I noticed it when I added the mod to PE's starter pack, and reproduced it in a clean install of DF and DFHack.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:36:06 am by Volke »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2016, 06:16:18 pm »

There seems to be an issue with the Vampire Counts faction. On embark zombies, wights, and skeletons seem seem to think themselves wounded, though seem to have no issues. They refuse to take up labors, though they will follow military orders. Honestly, I didn't play much longer due to the lack of a labor force, so I haven't tested things as much as I probably should have. Good work, though, I'll be making my way through some of the different races as I have time.
Edit: I noticed it when I added the mod to PE's starter pack, and reproduced it in a clean install of DF and DFHack.
I already fixed it. I think I forgot to give them a few tokens. I'll see if the labour thing is related to that.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2016, 02:25:30 pm »

Hi, I have been playing the mod for a few days and I appreciate the work you put in and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Right now I am playing as the greenskins (orcs, trolls and goblins) and I think there is a bug with the nobles. I cannot create any military as there is no military commander or orc equivalent (there is only 1 dok in the nobles list). Also, I am not sure if this was intended but stray giant wolves are not war/hunting trainable.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2016, 06:17:34 pm »

Yeah, it's a thing with you being unable to have landed nobles from the get-go, which I didn't know. I basically went around the problem by making bosses and big bosses not be landed instead.

Wolves not being trainable is a likely bug. Thanks for pointing it out.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2016, 03:38:05 pm »

Also, have you considered changing the attributes for different castes? It seems a bit strange that a snotling can have higher strength than a black orc.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2016, 03:41:40 pm »

Also, have you considered changing the attributes for different castes? It seems a bit strange that a snotling can have higher strength than a black orc.
Yes. It was something I was going to do for that release but simply forgot. I'll focus on getting attributes out for all playable creatures first, then go around for the rest later.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16