Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Warhammer Mod r15 (???)  (Read 69461 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r15 (Working on it)
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2017, 02:21:01 pm »

Glad to see he's working on the ability to send out from the map borders, would be nice to send some Knights Errant out!

Though I'll be trying to get some new idea's in.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2017, 06:54:04 pm »

I'd like to see some worldgen presets. As is it's sort of a tossup whether on not you'll get a particular race or not, especially on small maps, so having a few that are weighted toward certain types of terrain, like one with lots of evil, lots of mountains, rivers and lakes, or what have you would be convenient.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2017, 03:36:01 pm »

Doublepost for feedback/things of interest, I've been playing Empire for 2 ingame years. The tl;dr is that living on the surface is a very dangerous proposition. A wall, soldiers on guard, and someplace to take cover are all absolutely essential.

-Noticed some weirdness with the names. Lots of "The the empire cancels X" and other such things. Not sure if there's anything to be done about that.
-Flagellants are perhaps a bit too unstable. The one I created, though I guess he wasn't all there to begin with, never saw combat before he ended up going berserk. Thankfully he was just a literal no-skill peasant and nobody but him was hurt.
-Templars seem a little bit underpowered. The stat boosts do seem to make then better at fighting than regulars of the same skill level but not by all that much.
-No word on magic. If any of my people have that talent I haven't discovered them yet.
-River trolls are scary. There were a pair of them nearby when I started up, and the vomit killed 3 of the starting seven moments after one of them toppled the wagon and people attacked it. If I hadn't embarked with a soldier, or the other one had come over instead of brutalizing some milkfish upstream a ways, we probably all would've died. A cockatrice attack nearly killed everybody as well, but having everyone get indoors was enough to keep everyone safe but the expedition leader, who despite being well armed and armored really didn't stand a chance.
-Ripperfish and carp are both common here, so every now and again I'll see big streaks of blood appear in the river when one of them attacks the other. The score is about even but the carp seem to have a slight advantage because of their larger groups. Neither seem all that interested in my fishermen.
-No sieges or ambushers yet, but I'm at war and close by to some very robust hobgoblin, necromancer, daemon, and ork civs, all of whom are at outright war with me and have driven my civ (the only order aligned in this world) to near extinction. I expect plenty of fun in the future.

Also:
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2017, 05:59:40 pm »

-Noticed some weirdness with the names. Lots of "The the empire cancels X" and other such things. Not sure if there's anything to be done about that.
In vanilla, it would be "the dwarves cancel X". It's just that the creature name for the empire is "the empire:the empire:human" (so it appears as "the empire" in worldgen) with the caste name (the one you actually see on the creature) being "imperial:imperials:human". I'll make a note to change the first to imperials, as well as for others like it.

-Flagellants are perhaps a bit too unstable. The one I created, though I guess he wasn't all there to begin with, never saw combat before he ended up going berserk. Thankfully he was just a literal no-skill peasant and nobody but him was hurt.
They are supposed to be unstable. They are penitents who believe the End Times are upon them (turns out they were right) and purge their sins through, well, flagellating.

-Templars seem a little bit underpowered. The stat boosts do seem to make then better at fighting than regulars of the same skill level but not by all that much.
They are being revamped along with everything else on that front. They'll be better due to antimagic now being total immunity to all spells that don't involve some sort of projectile.

-No word on magic. If any of my people have that talent I haven't discovered them yet.
Check for high capacity for abstraction in people. I'll add at least one new hint, though.

-River trolls are scary. There were a pair of them nearby when I started up, and the vomit killed 3 of the starting seven moments after one of them toppled the wagon and people attacked it. If I hadn't embarked with a soldier, or the other one had come over instead of brutalizing some milkfish upstream a ways, we probably all would've died. A cockatrice attack nearly killed everybody as well, but having everyone get indoors was enough to keep everyone safe but the expedition leader, who despite being well armed and armored really didn't stand a chance.
-Ripperfish and carp are both common here, so every now and again I'll see big streaks of blood appear in the river when one of them attacks the other. The score is about even but the carp seem to have a slight advantage because of their larger groups. Neither seem all that interested in my fishermen.
Carp are untouched and ceased being murderous monsters long ago in vanilla. But yeah, the new creatures tend towards being very dangerous.

I'll add some personality modifiers to make templars be more fanatical.

About halfway through magic/classes rework/porting to roses' system. Then comes everything else, and then the dreaded confrontation with the dfhack scripts.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 12, 2017, 03:54:29 pm »

Is it just me, or do the Warrior of Chaos not work?  I get a blank civilization type, and it crashed on embark, and I've never seen Warriors of Chaos listed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 12, 2017, 03:55:44 pm »

Is it just me, or do the Warrior of Chaos not work?  I get a blank civilization type, and it crashed on embark, and I've never seen Warriors of Chaos listed.
I'll check it out. Seems I break them every other version.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 12, 2017, 07:15:25 pm »

I'll check it out. Seems I break them every other version.
I'm not sure it is the Warriors of Chaos.  In Adventure mode, they are selectable, but there is an adventurer from the blank civilization also selectable.

My guess is that it is the KISLEV.  Were they meant to form in forest retreats, because this mystery faction seems to be elfish.

I haven't seen a Warriors of Chaos Civilization, but I'll keep looking.

Yup, its the Warriors of Chaos.  I ran a test where I removed all the entity raws but the Warriors of Chaos, but I ended up with several Wood Elf civilizations instead.  And their entity tokens weren't in the raws.

EDIT: It isn't too bad, actually.  A bunch of elves with access to all the workshops of the Warriors of Chaos...basically they're the Dark Elves.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 12, 2017, 11:08:09 pm »

Also, I'm having trouble making the Grail Reliquary.  I have two statues made out granite and two stones, but I keep getting the error that I don't have the necessary items to build.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2017, 07:55:05 am »

Also, I'm having trouble making the Grail Reliquary.  I have two statues made out granite and two stones, but I keep getting the error that I don't have the necessary items to build.
I already planned on going over every little thing to check if borken or not, but I'll make a note to double check this one.

Still working on magic, but nearing the end.

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer Mod r15 (Up for grabs)
« Reply #234 on: June 07, 2017, 08:09:53 am »

How to edit race for always have lore of ( chosed magic ) ?? And necromancers are bugged , crash when try to make adventure character. And i am Brazilian too
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:16:26 am by cesarjunior233 »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]