Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Songbird and the Son vs the World  (Read 2896 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
The Songbird and the Son vs the World
« on: June 06, 2015, 06:42:48 am »

A long time ago, in a land far away, a Songbird roosted on a tree by the sea. One day, a viking came, with his axe, and chopped at the tree. The Songbird sang sadly, and asked him. "Danmark, why do you chop at my tree?"

Danmark spoke "I need wood for my home, and my land is naught but beaches, all our trees have gone to boats."

"This is my home, you may not have it." Sang the songbird. And she sung then, so high and loud that Danmark bled from his ears, and fled.

Many years later, he returned.  A new flag was upon his breast, and he had placed cork in his ears. The songbird sang, but though he felt it in his bones shaking, Danmark felled the songbirds roost, and built with it many homes and many states, and had many sons in england and in france, who dwelt there and praised him. But the songbird was lost, and forlorn, a grey girl on a grey coast, with only grey sand for a grey roof.

Many years, she spent abroad, with others. Much time was spent under a blue roof, with Sweden, but she chafed in the strict household, and left. When the nations in russia felled one another and created a new Nation, she dwelt with him, but he saw nothing but power and strength. It was late in years, when she sung away his IRON CURTAIN (absolute protection), rattling the circuts and breaking his steel, but with no home, she had no purpose.

Until the songbird found her music, in a musty alley outside of England.

You wake up to somebody knocking on your door. Rather loudly, in fact, and with a strage rythm. She must want to talk to Mali.

You wake up and pull on some shorts and your flag. No sense showimg the world your underpants. You yawn as you grab a glass from the cupboard and fill it with the water from the tap.

You find yourself yawning again as you approach the door, and peek through the peephole. Yep. Estonia is outside, distractedly flipping her grey, short-cut hair away from her cheek. She's older than her face would suggest; Nations don't age like that, so despite having been a identity since the medieval period, she looks like she was born in the 1800s, like you. The only hit to her age is her traditional style dress, and thats offset by the large boots and AC/DC tattoo sleeve peeking out from the short blue true sleeves on her dress. And the sizable electric guitar slung on her back.

She must be here for Mali if she's carrying her weapon around.

You open the door and throw the water on her.

"Eh?! Geh gah, pluh! Liberia! What the fuck?!"

>"Thought you might be thirsty, E."

>"Sorry, my hand slipped. What do you want, Estonia?"

>"Mali lives over there." *point*
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Songbird and the Son vs the World
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 06:50:21 am »

>Ask GM for action prompt.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 06:59:03 am »

Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 07:43:32 am »

> "Thought you might be thirsty indeed. :P
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 07:58:06 am »

+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 06:54:00 pm »

Thought you might be thirsty E.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 11:02:47 pm »

>"thought you kight be thirsty, E."

Estonia glares at you, wringing her hair out between her thumb and index finger.

"Fuck you. You could at least bother asking what I wanted before you splash me with... with... what was in that water?"

You sit down at a foldable table on a chair you "borrowed" from Ghana. "It's either flouride, rust, or malaria. I don't know; I don't drink it."

E sputters and spits before wiping her mouth with a sleeve. "You're a jerk."

"What do you want, Estonia? If you're looking for Mali, she's doing a show down by Malawis place. You've got a walk to go." You yawn again, feeling tired.

"Actually,  I needed to talk to your father, but he makes me nervous. I thought having you there might make him listen to me."

You sigh. Your relationship with you father is... touchy. He's never around to help you when you have a civil war, but every once in a while (probably at Canada's sadistic prodding) he shows up to stuff a turkey in your mouth and claim your problems solved.

"I dunno, E. Me and Dad don't talk much anyway. It's not like I'm important enough for him to care. I'm just a city state. Hell, my National Ability isn't even that good."

E shrugs, your misery washing off her not unlike the oddly-colored maybe-malaria water. "It's just... I'm not comfortable around bigger nations. The Nordics barely notice me, and America doesn't recognize Finland even if I managed to talk her into coming. Which I wouldn't. " Estonias voice changes drastically, to the point it sounds as though someone else were talking through her lips... and had smoked more than one too many cigarettes.  "Estland, I am busy. Perkele. I am shooting teacups out of mongolias hands, perkele. I am very dismal and no fun at all, perkele." Her voice snaps back to its normal lyrical lilt. "So I didn't bother asking Finland. Denmark and Sweden think I'm just some cute doll and England and France are busy arguing. I need your help."

Jeeze. She's giving you the puppy eyes. You hate puppy eyes. Especially from Estonia. "What about Israel? "

You mutually wince. Maybe... not...

It's a fairly short boat ride to the New World. The same pseudo ideological physics that permit your life keeps the world perpetually shrinking, little by little. Still, it's enough time for you and Estonia to get to know each other... or at least that neither of you are good at small talk.

America's house is the size of your apartment building and probably has fewer insurgent cockroaches in it. You immediately notice, however, that it's not really empty. You realize you need to keep your big mouth shut,  especially here and with current company, but you find yourself saying regardless that...

>" Hey, Canada... shame seeing you here."

>" ....Mexico. How'd you even get up there? Practice? "
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 11:13:19 pm »

>" Hey, Canada... shame seeing you here."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 05:53:49 am »

Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 07:26:59 am »

> both

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2015, 07:53:16 am »

This one, let's hang with our third-world friends!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 08:40:33 am »

This is alreadyamazing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 01:57:53 pm »

#bothguys

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 09:49:37 pm »

There's a startled rustle and the sound of someone smacking their head on a thick tree branch, before a "wha-AAIIIIIIEEEE!" as Mexico tumbles out of the tree into a flowering bush.

Estonia gasps, running over to help the major power free of her leafy prison. Mexico moans, her eyes filling with tears. Softly, E starts picking leaves out of her hair.

Mexico is older and larger than you or Estonia by about a head and a half (which gives you a admirable view of her... land) but she's still quite young. At just over 200 she's almost your fathers age. Her flag is a beautiful dress, flowing and graceful, at once both childishly playful and refined, a spray of bright colors... and a oddly morbid image of a eagle eating a snake. Which, considering it's mexico, suits her personality quite well.

"Aww, you guys scared me! I thought you were Canada, and you were going to hit me with a rock again!"

You and E glance at each other, Estonias confused expression meeting your dull lack of suprise.

"I was inside." Comes the laconic response. Your aunt is standing in the doorway, a lovely young girl, her raven hair up in a pair of short twintails that brush at her shoulders. Her flag is a unremarkable t-shirt over a pleated miniskirt, though the maple leaf emblem in the center is blocked by a bag of potato chips.

Canada fishes for a potato chip, grabbing two and eating one, becore lightly tossing the last at Mexico, who flinches and lets the fried tuber pop her lightly on the forehead.

Canada sighs. "Still scared, eh?"

"I know I am." You say dryly.

Canada turns to face you. "Hello Liberia. Always nice to see you here."

"Shame I can't reply in kind, auntie."

"How disruptive.  Be more polite." Canada glances at E, whos still calming Mexico.  "I didn't realize you went for baltics."

>"wh-wha, we aren't together! "

>"I figured at least she wasn't a frigid new-world lolita."

>"...yeah. so where's dad?"

((This marks the third update of a game done entirely from my phone. Are you guys seeing any noticeable degradation in quality? I was planning on posting a picture of mom!tohsaka with the next update of fate / lunar sun, but since my internet is gone, I haven't been able to post from my laptop. It'll be a few weeks before I can too. I was thinking about writing the next update by phone, but if it'll mess with the quality I'd rather pre write it in OpenOffice like I have been.))
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 01:19:08 am »

>"... yeah, so where's dad?"
Pages: [1] 2 3