Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.40.24] Vi Keys Rebinding for Adventure Mode  (Read 2900 times)

Podesta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.40.24] Vi Keys Rebinding for Adventure Mode
« on: June 07, 2015, 10:35:10 am »

This mod aims to support vi keys style of play for Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode, be it due to a lack of numpad when playing with a notebook/laptop or simply preference to use vi keys while playing roguelikes. Technically the new movement keys clash with a few shortcuts when playing Fortress mode, though the game prioritize the default shortcuts, so there are no problems there. The only problem I found is when choosing a place to build a Fortress, that the keys to choose the specific place, in the local map, do not work.
So, keep in mind of that, it is aimed at Adventure Mode. If you wish to play Fortress Mode I recommend you to backup your original file as for example, interface(vanilla).txt and replace between it and the modified file when necessary.

How to install: Replace the downloaded file 'interface.txt' with the file of same name that is located in the 'Game Folder/data/init'

Details of every line changed in interface.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Version 0.2 Changelog

Version 0.1 Changelog

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24] Vi Keys Rebinding for Adventure Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 02:02:00 am »

There ya go, it's a neat idea btw, I was looking at the gf's chromebook and wondering how I'd remap the keys if I figured out how to get df running on it (since she doesn't want to let me put crouton on it just yet nor full fledged linux dual booting) and didn't think to check stuff like vi or emacs (hee hee hee, I use nano actually, just had to tease ya since I'm aware of the vi vs emacs stuff) for layouts.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24] Vi Keys Rebinding for Adventure Mode
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 08:26:06 pm »

Thank you for this.