Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: (Neural)Chips Chapter 1: Graduation [SG]  (Read 5849 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
(Neural)Chips Chapter 1: Graduation [SG]
« on: June 07, 2015, 02:18:35 pm »

((This game is still going!!)
Link to chapter 2: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=152493.0 but this has also started)

You were born into this world on a cool October morning on a lesser know farming planet. Not much has been expected of you, 70% of this planets population are farmers and only 45% of them ever finish schooling. Past that only 5% of those born here ever leave.

But let's come back to that in a minute.

Roughly 300 years ago a biotech company had invented something revolutionary. Humanity had been on the edge of evolution and this would pull them through. It was a neural implant that would aid the human body. It regulated chemicals in the brain and organs, eliminating some disorders entirly. Things like depression became less and less prevelent.
It had a processing unit that helped the human brain complete complex calculations that once could only be done by sevants. The device was also able to connect to other devices eliminating the need for bulky computers, now all the hardrive space anyone would ever need was stored in their own heads.
Later down the line implants in the muscles and spine were created to connect with the brain implants, these created faster reaction speeds, repaired destroyed tissues, and increased strength or flexibility.
By the day of your birth humanity was a race of cyborgs, normal people would be given implants within the first week of their lives and continue to receive implants until they reached maturity. Some planets even required implantation, but most offered it covered under free preventative healthcare.

Your planet however has been slow to change. The clinic you were born in had the equipment to implant you but your body rejected it. You suffer from an uncommon "disability" in which your nerves refuse to make connections with any implants.

Your parents were in the upper middle class and were devastated to find out about your disability thinking you would be destined to stay on the farms working fields till the end of your days. But fate had a different plan for you, you were able to pass classes staying in the top half of students (something "natural born" people are rarely capable of). You kept good grades and even advanced into the second set or schooling. (We would call it highschool) only 45% of people made it through the first years to be allowed to advance to these special classes. Your folks, of course, were more than ecstatic to advance you since you had exceeded anything they had ever though you were able to do.

You would end up passing through second school over coming challenges and diversity (modified or chipped children segregated themselves from natural born ones). You passed classes with difficulty but you persevered.

You have finished your last days of second school and are walking home, you have passed through the city market and were even given one of Ms. Tracey's apples as a gift. You take your last bite from the delicious fruit as you round the corner of the road and come to the bottom of your parents long drive way. They will be so excited.

What do you do?

A- go home and tell them you finaly finished school
B- Sneak around back and try to surprise them
C- Grab your bike and head over to Frank's house to celebrate
D- Something different?

Edit: here is a character description
Name: James Sherman Connor
Race: Human (yes there will be a few other races)
Gender: Male (sorry I suck at doing detailed descriptions for female players and this is from a story idea I had awhile ago)
Eyes: Green and brown with yellow flecks
Hair: Brown, dirty blonde in under sunlight or bright lights
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 200, good physical shape
(Anything else you want added for description?)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:57:51 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: (Neural)Chips Chapter 1: Natural Born [SG]
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 02:34:09 pm »

Other. Go to the house and tell them the good news. We should also suggest eating out somewhere to celebrate.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Neural)Chips Chapter 1: Natural Born [SG]
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 04:53:44 pm »

(Added description of you in bottom of OP)

Other. Go to the house and tell them the good news. We should also suggest eating out somewhere to celebrate.

You decide to tell them the good news.
You walk up the drive way and when you get to the porch your mother bursts through the door. She runs out and hugs you,"My baby boy! I'm so proud of you!" Your father slowly follows out the house. You look up at him and finish hugging your mom, he has a tear in his eye and gives you a bear hug,"I'm so proud son" you begin to tear up. Your mother wipes her eyes and your father and you both nonchalantly wipe your eyes as if there were never tears there. You speak up,"Well I'm finally finished with second school! I think we should go out and celebrate, that ok? We could go to that nice pasta place in the city." Your father doesn't even hesitate to respond,"Yes that seems perfect! This is your special day son, would you like to take some of your friends along? Or anyone else? If so just get back to me in a couple hours, we will probably leave in three hours."

You've got two hours to tell your parents if you want to bring anyone along and three hours to get ready for dinner, the place you are going requires long pants and a dress shirt at minimum. You are currently in gym shorts and a band shirt.

List of friends and short descriptions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your parents, they are both modified

Siblings, you have two sisters and a brother

((Probably went more in depth than I needed too but thought you might like detailed descriptions of everyone))

Do you take any friends to the celebration dinner? And what do you do during the three hours before dinner? Get ready, hang out with friends, go to the market?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 05:33:42 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: (Neural)Chips Chapter 1: Graduation [SG]
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 11:13:32 pm »

Plan on only bringing our family to dinner tonight. Go next door and see if Frank is home. Maybe talk to him about graduation and his future plans.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 11:27:59 pm »

Take ALL the friends! We can have a quiet family thing another time. Modifieds who don't discriminate, our protector, close friends since youth, and our natural friend who didn't graduate? These are our story, as much as our parents are. They deserve to celebrate with us :D

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 11:37:17 pm »

Take ALL the friends! We can have a quiet family thing another time. Modifieds who don't discriminate, our protector, close friends since youth, and our natural friend who didn't graduate? These are our story, as much as our parents are. They deserve to celebrate with us :D
+1

I have a really bad feeling that someone is going to use the implants as a mind-control device...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 07:48:45 am »

Good point. Try to invite everyone who wants to come.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 07:57:10 am »

You decide you want to bring as many friends as you can, your dad tells you to make sure you find them all and tell them to be at the house in three hours ready for the dinner. You didn't really hear all what he said but you're sure that's what he said as you rushed out the door, first to Frank's.

You barrel over and as you go to knock on the glass door outside the regular door Frank's mom opens it and smiles upon seeing you. She speaks through the door,"I'll get Frank". You hear some yelling between family members inside then that familiar pale face gets to the door,"James! How was last day of school?!" You open the glass door,"It's over man, it's finaly over" you step inside, his mom looks at your feet then up at you, you remove your shoes at the door,"Sorry" you say as you follow Frank to the basement where he practically lives.
((Will be adding more in an hour or so, got school to do sorry))

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 09:36:21 am »

You end up spending the next hour paying video games with Frank and discussing future plans, you tell him about the college you applied for and he talks to you about how he will ask her out eventually and you make a joke or two about how he never will. When one of you finally looks at the clock you notice how fast time flied so you tell him to be at your house in a couple hours for the dinner party and you head off.

Next up is Elliot who doesn't live too far away. You take your bike to his house a half mile down the road. You must be lucky since you find him sitting on the porch whittling a twig, he does things like that when he gets bored. After a short transaction of words and catching up with eachother you tell him about the graduation dinner and he congradulates you and says he'll be there.
Next up is Roxy, she lives pretty close by since the market is only another half mile or so from Eliott's. You find her at her parent's market stall ¨selling¨ food, she's really just browsing social media stuff and ignoring customers per usual. You give a greeting and tell her about the celebration, she congradualtes you and you go on your way to the next friend, you tell her you're running a bit low on time.
((more in a little bit, break just ended sorry))

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 05:12:47 pm »

You head off to tell Cassidy, you know she'll be overly excited to go to dinner with you, but she probably won't notice that you mention other people will be there. She always gets excited when you invite her to do things with you and your friends.
You get to her house which is just across the street from Roxy.
You get on her house porch and knock on the door, her father answers,"You... I'll go get Cassidy" he never was really fond of you. He walks away and almost instantly Cassidy pops to the door,"Hey James!" She says with a giant smile,"Heard you graduated, no surprise there though, you being a genious and all". You do love how she almost worships you. You ask her if she want to go to a graduation dinner with you and she cuts you off before you mention everyone else who's going,"YES". You tell her Frank and Elliot and Roxy and maybe even Louise will be there. She looks a bit less happy but still happy,"Still a dinner with you" she just has a giant smile on her face. You tell her you better get to Louis to tell him and still have time to get ready. She gives you a big hug surprising you then rushes inside snickering.
After the initial shock you get back to your bike and head off to Louis's half way to your house. He looks like he's outside doing some exercise. You flag him down and he greets you. You tell him about the graduation dinner and the people who are going. He nods and says,"I'll see if I can make it. You think you got time to practice some hand to hand real quick, I've got a fight tomorrow and need a warm up"

Do you help him practice or do you tell him you need to get ready? You've got time for some quick practice and still get a shower done at home.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 05:58:25 pm »

Sure, spar a bit, but keep an eye on the time.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 07:45:50 pm »

+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 08:05:49 pm »

+1

"Sure man let me just take a hint from my watch. This is one dinner party I don't want to be late for."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 11:02:46 pm »

+1

"Sure man let me just take a hint from my watch. This is one dinner party I don't want to be late for."

He nods then tosses you a pair of worse fighting gloves. He hands you a new mouth guard,"now remember what I taught you". He walks a few feet away and faces you with his hands up, he extends one fist and you bump it with yours to start the match. He throws a few fast jabs at your gut, you are able to dodge and block them all. You send one punch into his side while dodging. He bull rushes you and holds you by your waist. You wrap your arms around him while he is charging and when you both fall you are able to stay ontop. You begin sending several blows into his chest and arms covering him before he uses his legs to throw you several feet away.
(More tomorrow, sorry)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 07:52:29 pm »

Roll with it, apply punches!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: [1] 2 3