Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fallout 3 Mods Sugestions  (Read 3186 times)

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
Fallout 3 Mods Sugestions
« on: June 08, 2015, 09:05:09 pm »

So yeah, with all the new hype, I want to play Fallout 3. I played New Vageas before but skipped FO3, for some reason.

Anyway, the game seems too easy at times, sometimes too hard (mainly because you might walk out a door and be attacked by multiple enemies). I want some suggestions on mods I should install from the gte go. I already started playing but I am not too far in.

Realism is cool, but no to the point where it is annoying because the game wasnt designed that way. For example, fast travel which is lame but the quests were designed with this back and forth in mind so eliminating fast travel is just kinda sucky.

I want to try mods like FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition but I am worried that things like inventory gimping and so forth will hurt the experience, making it more annoying to manage inventory, anyone have any experince with this?
I got nothing

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 3 Mods Sugestions
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 09:05:56 pm »

Real Time Settler was a fun distraction back in the day. So was the time stopping one?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 09:09:20 pm »

RTS looks cool, but first i want to play through the game. Thanks!
I got nothing

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 09:12:33 pm »

Combat enhanced - tactics was my favorite.

I still swear by FOOK2 in terms or lore-friendly overhauls.
obligatory unofficial patch plug.
Get something to remove the piss filter from the game camera, there's several of those.

For way-out-there gameplay changes, I +1 to realtime settler, and add Enclave Commander.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 09:44:56 pm »

Daejones' Colossus Brotherhood and Outcast replacer armors, and COL Enclave replacers, you will not regret it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This one is big.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 12:10:12 am »

I never had any particular issues with Wanderer's Edition. It is difficult, sure, but I never felt really annoyed with the inventory management. Hell, the better UI that comes with FWE made it easier to manage IMO.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 12:41:37 pm »

Does anyone know if there are any mods that let S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats go over 10 and have the proper effects? The closest thing I've been able to find so far is the XtraSpecial mod which allows S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats above 10 but changes their effects
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 11:31:39 am »

As for mods I recommend:
"Faster Waiting"
"More Perks"
"More Map Markers"
and
"Explosive Entry" are good

I would also recommend that you NOT install "XtraSPECIAL"; it's not very good.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 06:02:19 pm »

Recently I found a mod called "Gangs of the Wasteland" which adds three new raider factions. There armor and weapons may be slightly imbalanced, because I believe they where made with FWE in mind.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 10:10:15 pm »

To be fair, the FOOK projects were always about being as close to vanilla as possible, just moar. I may be biased against systems that go too far afield, though. It always feels like everything is slightly off with most of them.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 11:38:35 pm »

I may be biased against systems that go too far afield, though. It always feels like everything is slightly off with most of them.

So am I. That's why I won't install anything that includes any kind of core skill rebalance
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 11:41:03 pm »

Combat enhanced - tactics was my favorite.

I still swear by FOOK2 in terms or lore-friendly overhauls.
obligatory unofficial patch plug.
Get something to remove the piss filter from the game camera, there's several of those.

For way-out-there gameplay changes, I +1 to realtime settler, and add Enclave Commander.

The filters in FO3 aren'y even nearly as bad as the ones in FNV. I played the games out of order so I for the most part I didn't even notice it in FO3
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 05:22:53 am »

Dammit dammit dammit! You made me reinstall this game, damn you all!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 08:52:56 am »

Dammit dammit dammit! You made me reinstall this game, damn you all!

Like we reminded you how much you like it, or like we suggested something that borked the game so badly it required a clean installation?
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 09:26:22 pm »

Both  :P
Pages: [1] 2