Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 330849 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Mobile Home
« Reply #1140 on: October 05, 2015, 03:02:34 pm »

Obtain some of the armor we have and attempt to convince myself that my arm bones are growing back, with nothing else to do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 05, 2015, 03:21:43 pm »

When he hears that some sort of landmark should be found, John looks around, seeking for Mr. Bird, then looks up and sees him flying above and looking at something. Something was there, but we passed it by night while driving jeep. Some sort of ruins? He turns around and talks to Engine Spirit.

- So, um, Engine Spirit? It appears that you know a thing or two about this Great Conquering King and his stuff. So, earlier, I showed this - he pulls out the pistol - to the locals, and they said it was also related to him. Apparently it belonged to some important man, I can't quite recall by now, they probably said it was his son? Anyhow, - he drops the magazine and demonstrates the engraved cartridge in it, held by metal lips - they said it was powered by blood. That sounds dangerous - do you know anything about it?

While we talk, make the beast move slowly to the things we passed on jeep in the dark.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:54:57 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 05, 2015, 05:50:05 pm »

Grab some of the armor. Don't put it on just yet, just make sure it's at hand.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 06, 2015, 04:45:54 am »

Sit atop our glorious beast as a firebreathing penguin mascot
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1144 on: October 06, 2015, 09:39:10 am »

Ask the Engine Spirit if it remembers the Field of Faces Getting Punched. Or whatever that place is called.
It does not.

Fly closer! Investigate this odd formation of vegetation while circling it several times in the air, making sure to get good angles. Attempt to ascertain its motives.
Motives? None. It is a field. Admittedly, such things could happen around here, but not this time.

However, it is an interesting looking field on closer inspection because it appears to have been a battlefield. There are a few quite large hills that, when you look at them from the right angle, appear to be warbeasts, albeit laying down and covered in grass. You'd wager they are dead.

Obtain some of the armor we have and attempt to convince myself that my arm bones are growing back, with nothing else to do.
Armor you can get, the arm bones, well, you can do your best to believe it, but it's not easy. And you doubt the belief of one man will do anything.

When he hears that some sort of landmark should be found, John looks around, seeking for Mr. Bird, then looks up and sees him flying above and looking at something. Something was there, but we passed it by night while driving jeep. Some sort of ruins? He turns around and talks to Engine Spirit.

- So, um, Engine Spirit? It appears that you know a thing or two about this Great Conquering King and his stuff. So, earlier, I showed this - he pulls out the pistol - to the locals, and they said it was also related to him. Apparently it belonged to some important man, I can't quite recall by now, they probably said it was his son? Anyhow, - he drops the magazine and demonstrates the engraved cartridge in it, held by metal lips - they said it was powered by blood. That sounds dangerous - do you know anything about it?

While we talk, make the beast move slowly to the things we passed on jeep in the dark.

The beast turns and walks towards the field mr.bird is investigating. It's an interesting feeling, being on the thing as it moves. The step forward pushes you down in your seat with sudden acceleration, while the downward drop at the end of the step gives you a half second of weightlessness. It's like driving a hilly road in your past life.

"Hm. Origin I do not know, but its powered by blood. The grip and the rounds should be quite sharp, designed to cut flesh and leech some blood from the user. It's a powerful form of inherent magic, but its strength depends on the user and the potency of their blood. In your hands, it would be a powerful gun. In the hands of a general, with thousands of loyal troops and legions of fearful enemies, it could bring down a war beast in a shot. In the hands of the Conquering Great King, it could destroy gods and heavens."

Grab some of the armor. Don't put it on just yet, just make sure it's at hand.
Okie dokie.

Sit atop our glorious beast as a firebreathing penguin mascot

GRAK.

The war beast trundles over to the edge of the field that Mr.Bird is surveying.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 06, 2015, 09:41:21 am »

Survey a particular warbeast. Does it have loot to speak of or have the thieving steppe monkeys and their trusty vegetation sidekicks claimed all? Our warbeast has houses, so it stands to reason that these might have some form of ruins on them or near them.

Though do bear in mind that what is dead cannot eternal lie and all that, and exercise caution nevertheless.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:43:26 am by Harry Baldman »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 06, 2015, 10:01:01 am »

"Hm. Origin I do not know, but its powered by blood. The grip and the rounds should be quite sharp, designed to cut flesh and leech some blood from the user. It's a powerful form of inherent magic, but its strength depends on the user and the potency of their blood. In your hands, it would be a powerful gun. In the hands of a general, with thousands of loyal troops and legions of fearful enemies, it could bring down a war beast in a shot. In the hands of the Conquering Great King, it could destroy gods and heavens."

- Whoah. Why thank you! That was very interesting to know, and it now seems a much better investment of my coins. But say, should I have not quite animal type blood, would it still work? I take it it just leeches on whatever vital bodily fluid it can absorb.

When John hears out what Engine Spirit has to say for that matter, he shouts to Mr. Bird:

- Hey! What do your elven avian eyes see? Do you see anything like a road? Or a wall of fog?

Watch around for the trail Warbeast left while roaming. Given we find it, we will follow it. If it ends/starts here, at this field, then, well, rely on any other landmark Mr. Bird can provide us with.

Also, think again about how Xan's arm is inconceivably getting better.
Think about his plant - about how dried leafs could probably be used for smokes, which fumes wouldn't cause canсer and stuff for regular people and engine corrosion for me. The square-ish leaf could dry out itself very quickly once torn; it can be then split into two layers, first one crumbling into ~5mm dry chunks to be used as the filler, and second one a bit sticky on one side, to be used to roll the filler in a tube.

((If somebody could put up a list of "features" our plant has I'd wiki that for future reference.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 11:29:35 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 06, 2015, 10:11:35 am »

Look over the battlefield from atop the warbeast. See if I can spot anything shiny

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 06, 2015, 12:37:02 pm »

"SAY, LADS!" Mr. Bird yells as he circles closer to Warby and the people on it. "THESE HILLS ARE DEAD WARBEASTS, METHINKS! BLIMEY!"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 06, 2015, 12:47:40 pm »

"SAY, LADS!" Mr. Bird yells as he circles closer to Warby and the people on it. "THESE HILLS ARE DEAD WARBEASTS, METHINKS! BLIMEY!"

- Scout them for valuables real quick while we walk by, will ya? Anything that strikes your fancy. We're not encamping here for days again to loot off the dead.
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 06, 2015, 01:04:29 pm »

"Great minds think alike, I see!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 06, 2015, 01:28:55 pm »

"There could be a benefit to that actually - see if there are any engine spirits in particular, Mr. Bird. Or the husk of one, I suppose."

Xankarvo restrains his temptation to take the gun. What he wants is his magic back.
Actually wait, he hasn't even tried that yet has he?

Try to do magic! Specifically cast a fireball off into the distance.

(Note, I don't actually expect to be able to do magic this is just an action so Xan can start IC planning to get his powers)

((My plant currently has really smooth green leaves that are a narcotic. They give a rush when ingested.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 06, 2015, 01:32:45 pm »

"Great minds think alike, I see!"

*quitely, looking away from Mr. Bird*
- Some also say "empty heads resonate".
Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1153 on: October 06, 2015, 01:58:30 pm »

((Hmmm... Does tricking piecewise into thinking you have something count as belief-based magic?))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 06, 2015, 01:59:39 pm »

((Hmmm... Does tricking piecewise into thinking you have something count as belief-based magic?))
((Nay, that would be plain cheating.))
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 241