Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331179 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1560 on: December 04, 2015, 04:54:40 pm »

((Too bad the other John got turned into fruit. We could have used those perfectly good legs of his.))

"Oh, and one other thing- seeing as how you can't hold it anyway, Xankarvo, I'd like to use your torch. If you don't mind."

Assuming Xan surrenders his arm torch, don that armor I was saving. With rifle, deer shank, and torch in tow, descend to the ruins.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 04, 2015, 05:26:04 pm »

"Avast yee heartys!  Prepare the Plank!  Laaaaand Hooooo!  Hard to Port!  To the Brig with you!  Swab the poop deck!  All canons Starboard!  Prepare for Boarding!  Yarrrrrrrr!" Rocky rolls around the deck shouting to anyone near him.  "I hear ye wish to head ashore.  You mateys shall bring me along to explore thee ruins."
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 04, 2015, 05:32:04 pm »

"I hear ye wish to head ashore.  You mateys shall bring me along to explore thee ruins."

- Yeah yeah whatever ask Hyenakles he's in charge of ruins exploration thing, - John seems rather occupied.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 04, 2015, 06:17:50 pm »

"Hmm."
Follow hyena man and friends down. Hum a tune appropriate to the mood.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 04, 2015, 06:26:27 pm »

"Don't think I'll go exploring any ruins personal-like, chaps. I'll just take a look around while you take a look inside, yeah?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 04, 2015, 06:37:52 pm »

"Yeah, take it."

No objection for Hyneakles taking my torch
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 05, 2015, 12:14:25 am »

Dave dino-shrugged.  "Oh.  No hard feelings; I just had no inkling.  How'd I never see one?  I sailed over much of creation before I died and ended up... here."

Get down with exploration
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 05, 2015, 06:30:28 pm »

Spoiler: Next Level Xankarvo (click to show/hide)

Yes, I'm compensating for current disabilities of these characters.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:18:07 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 08, 2015, 02:08:11 am »

((Very nice. Of all the drawings you've posted on bay12 (that I've seen), Ghost Rider John might be my favorite.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 08, 2015, 02:11:04 am »

((Oh myyyyyyyy

Gusta very much.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 08, 2015, 08:14:26 am »

((Thanks guys.

Next up: Next Level Hyenakles. Oh boy that won't be easy.))
Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 08, 2015, 10:50:17 am »

((Next Level Dave:  A barrel of rum with a horn sticking out the top.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 08, 2015, 12:08:06 pm »

((Next Level Dave:  A barrel of rum with a horn sticking out the top.))

((But that's no fun!))

((Next up: Next Level Hyenakles.)

Spoiler: What's that smell? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:13:50 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1573 on: December 08, 2015, 01:10:50 pm »

Fly around, do high-altitude surveys of the area. Watch out for nearby features of the landscape.
There are lots of these ruins, and from the air it's easier to make out their general shape. Luckily the ground is a dully glowing field of flowers or it would be impossible to see at night like this. The ruins appear to trace a squarish shape across a large open area, and there are large pillars and bits of stone scattered about between them. There appears to be an indentation to the earth inside the perimeter created by these pillars.

You don't know what, but you have a distinct feeling that these structures were made as part of a support system for something far, far larger.

"I'm not going in there alone. I'll take the Dino guy with me, and Mr. Bird, if he wants."

- Good idea. Grab any weaponry you see fitting, I'll get the dino down.

Hyenakles should manage to get down form Warbeast himslef, others might require assistance - provide it.

While they're gone, start a fire if it's still dark. Then get to work.

[2]
You gather all the pieces, lay them out in front of you and...then just sort of stare at them for several long minutes, trying to work up the desire to do something.

You fail to do so.

"...perhaps if I murder someone and use their sacrifice to power my magic..."

Contemplate murder-based methods of gaining the ability to manipulate fire. Would burning someone alive be better, or perhaps killing them and then setting their heart on fire and eating it? Dramatics seem to be important, after all.

"Oh, if you find any arm prosthetics bring them to me."
[4]
Maybe. We are in the afterlife after all; just because you kill someone doesn't mean that they won't remember you later and fear you. Or rather, have FAITH in the idea that you have some sort of control over fire or something like that. But more than one person would be even better...

((Too bad the other John got turned into fruit. We could have used those perfectly good legs of his.))

"Oh, and one other thing- seeing as how you can't hold it anyway, Xankarvo, I'd like to use your torch. If you don't mind."

Assuming Xan surrenders his arm torch, don that armor I was saving. With rifle, deer shank, and torch in tow, descend to the ruins.
"Hmm."
Follow hyena man and friends down. Hum a tune appropriate to the mood.
Dave dino-shrugged.  "Oh.  No hard feelings; I just had no inkling.  How'd I never see one?  I sailed over much of creation before I died and ended up... here."

Get down with exploration
The warbeast lowers all of you down, placing you near the ruins.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 08, 2015, 01:13:00 pm »

Dave puts his head down and grabbed a big bite of greenery; drinking often made him hungry.  He gave it a few lazy chews.  "So... bigger than the others.  What nnnnow?"
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 241