Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331279 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1605 on: December 10, 2015, 08:43:25 pm »

((Sorry, where am I in the waitlist?))
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 10, 2015, 08:50:27 pm »

((wipeout1024, you are currently second on the waitlist.
You are most likely to enter the game with the next batch of player characters.
Oh my.
Just look at who's going to accompany your megalomaniac woman. That'll be fun.))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:54:27 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1607 on: December 11, 2015, 11:25:05 am »

[5]
You make the legs and they are freaking perfect. Hell, they might be better than your shitty flesh legs used to be. They seem to move and act as though actually connected to you. You get no penalties while using them.

((That's some damn convenient luck right there.))

John backs off from the complete legs and stares at them. He had no idea he was capable of craftsmanship of that quality, and that is really written on his face. After a few moments of admiration he shakes it off, attributing this feat of skill to beginner's luck, and puts the prosthetics on.

It's like they were there all along. Wow.
He walks around the fire pit. It's all right. He jumps a little. And freaking lands on his feet, first try. A few hooks and jabs, moving his feet quick, in a manner a fighter does.

- OH FUCK YES! YESSS! SUCK IT, DISABILITIES!

Go get myself some new shin guards. Or maybe some boots. Something that would cover my prosthetics. Also, retrieve The Gun from Xan. "Charge" five bullets with my blood, load them in the magazine. "Charge" two bulles with Xan's blood, keep those in the box for now. Observe the ruin exploration party.
You get yourself some metal leg concealing devices and charge those bullets with your blood (How many you got left by the way?) and xan's.

Look up. Does it seem like a god's bum is suspended up among the stars? Or something of a similar scale? Or has this hypothetical thing flown away/been stolen already?

If no clues present themselves, check out the pillars. Are they the sort that you'd expect to hold up a floor or a roof, or are they somehow peculiar?

Enact!
How'd I miss this?

You look up. There's a swirl of clouds overhead, which seems to shimmer gently. It makes you wonder: what exactly is up above? You've transitioned through heavens horizontally, but is there anything up there? Another heaven or hell vertical to this one?

Hyenakles waves to the others. "Hey, Dino guy. Come look at this."

He points to one of the rocks. "Look, shiny. You like shiny things?"

Try to get the triceratops guy to touch the rocks. If he doesn't, examine one myself.
He points to one of the rocks. "Look, shiny. You like shiny things?"

"I prefer rum things, really.  You think I'm some simpleton?"

Regardless, unearth one of the things via mouth.  Anything cool happen?
There are larger black stones below the dirt, each like a smooth river rock and each leaving that same glowing red after image behind them. They glow like embers when moved and tingle against the flesh of the dino's mouth. There seems to be an energy to them, but it's hard to tell if they contain it or if they were produced by some great force and are just the still charged remnants of it. The shallow divot or crater encircled by these scaffolds hints of something grand, and these stones may be the remnants of it.  It might be possible to find whatever it was by following them...assuming they form a path and the thing didn't just pop out of existence here or maybe even rise into the sky.

Regardless, these stones, if the energy in them can be harnessed, might prove useful. Or maybe valuable? They're definitely weird.

"So mass belief does dictate results here, my theory bears fruit. No doubt he has no normal name; a title gives him more power.
Hmm. I'll need to get people to believe I have the powers I did in life, then. No doubt the most effective method for this would be through mass murder in pursuance of my earlier theoretical extrapolations."

He looks briefly at John as he walks past.

"Hmm. You managed to make yourself new legs, congratulations. If you feel inclined, do make me an arm.
Ah, you'll take your gun back now then. I have all I need from it anyhow - if there's power invested in people with belief then no doubt their essence would in turn confer more power to the bullets.

Hrm. Allow me to infuse two bullets with my own blood, if you will - I wish to see their potential effects both now and after the fear of me is built up somewhat amongst the hells."

If John allows it, prime 2 bullets with my blood. Otherwise/then go back to excitedly theorizing.
Done.
does everything here look the same as the others see them to my alternative senses?
[3] You feel vaguely that there is something out of the ordinary here, but you can't say anything specific.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 11, 2015, 11:28:36 am »

"I get the feeling ye don't like me.  You be lucky I don't make ye walk the plank with those new legs of yours."

Roll around trying to find the controls.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 11, 2015, 11:38:31 am »

"Nice rocks.  We should take a few.  Wonder if I could eat one..."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 11, 2015, 12:21:03 pm »

Sing to the black stone a song of the power within it, so we may learn where it has been, and what deeds it has witnessed. 
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 11, 2015, 12:25:01 pm »

You get yourself some metal leg concealing devices and charge those bullets with your blood (How many you got left by the way?) and xan's.

((Ten bullets yet uncharged. Plus seven charged with blood. The box contained fifteen-ish bullets, as per wiki page which I'm sure I based off a description given somewhere, so I figured I'll exploit the vagueness a little and decided there were seventeen.))

"I get the feeling ye don't like me.  You be lucky I don't make ye walk the plank with those new legs of yours."

- Straight off the road and already trying to establish dominance, you must be pretty damn self confident. Are you challenging me as the Driver and Commander of the Warbeast?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:58:27 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 11, 2015, 01:08:05 pm »

"Could there be heavens above heavens? An entire dimension of ethereal realms awaiting eager avian explorers?" Mr. Bird sings as he flies in a rough circle, his avian noodle processing this revelation. "But then, it's probably just evil clouds again. For is there any other kind, really?"

Return and inform John of developments.

"Ah, I see you've got yourself a fine new set of legs, chap! Congratulations! Anyway, the ruins look like they used to hold up something bloody enormous, I noticed. And the sky looks suspiciously passable. There is a not insignificant chance that tosspot gods or avian hells are hiding above them."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 11, 2015, 01:18:42 pm »

"Ah, I see you've got yourself a fine new set of legs, chap! Congratulations! Anyway, the ruins look like they used to hold up something bloody enormous, I noticed. And the sky looks suspiciously passable. There is a not insignificant chance that tosspot gods or avian hells are hiding above them."

- Thanks! And well, that's... not very comforting. Let's hope nothing falls from the sky on us. Once Hyenakles and Dave are done, we're off. It looks like something got their attention down there...

While they're at it, start working on some sort of arm prosthesis for Xan. Not with fingers, but something like a crab's claw on the wrist. Maybe he'll conjure some spell to make it work like an arm.
Oh boy that won't be easy.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:17:18 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 11, 2015, 04:18:45 pm »

"I wouldn't recommend it, but whatever."

Nab a handful of rocks. Try to discern a path in the rubble, and follow it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 11, 2015, 04:23:19 pm »

"You're probably right."  It'd be better to smash a little one and snort it.

Assist with the above action.  Also make sure to grab the smallest of the stones.  How big is it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 12, 2015, 06:59:34 am »

((I still draw characters from this game. I'm sticking to humanoids for now, until I figure out a thing or two about how do I do animals. Next up: Hairy Dave (Yoink). No, really, this time it will be him.))

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:31:30 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1617 on: December 12, 2015, 03:27:27 pm »

Roll around trying to find the controls.
"What, is this inverted? Who even does that?!"

Sing to the black stone a song of the power within it, so we may learn where it has been, and what deeds it has witnessed. 
[6]
You sing a high pitched tune at the rock. It vibrates, resonating with the tone. After a few seconds the stone cracks in half in a spray of sparks. A tiny glowing ember of light floats out of the shattered rock and, after a moment of hissing existence, detonates like a gasoline explosion.

[5] Flame washes over you with little effect, doing nothing more than leaving you smudged with ash.

"I wouldn't recommend it, but whatever."

Nab a handful of rocks. Try to discern a path in the rubble, and follow it.
[5]
You lose  all your hair and end up very sore, but otherwise are uninjured.

"You're probably right."  It'd be better to smash a little one and snort it.

Assist with the above action.  Also make sure to grab the smallest of the stones.  How big is it?
[4]
Your scaly hide prevents most injuries, but you end up blinded, raw and coughing.

"Could there be heavens above heavens? An entire dimension of ethereal realms awaiting eager avian explorers?" Mr. Bird sings as he flies in a rough circle, his avian noodle processing this revelation. "But then, it's probably just evil clouds again. For is there any other kind, really?"

Return and inform John of developments.

- Thanks! And well, that's... not very comforting. Let's hope nothing falls from the sky on us. Once Hyenakles and Dave are done, we're off. It looks like something got their attention down there...

While they're at it, start working on some sort of arm prosthesis for Xan. Not with fingers, but something like a crab's claw on the wrist. Maybe he'll conjure some spell to make it work like an arm.
Oh boy that won't be easy.

As Mr.bird talks to Mr.burn scars a giant flash of light illuminates the field below. Both of them run over to the railing and look down onto a circle of ash and smoldering plants.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 12, 2015, 03:31:40 pm »

Xankarvo, eager to make up his forgetting to move last round, rushes over to the railing.

"The fuck was that?"

Observe the exploration party
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 12, 2015, 03:36:08 pm »

"The fuck was that?"

- I second this notion! The fuck? HEY YOU DOWN THERE WHAT HAPPENED?

The black oil is already filling the engraving on the gun when John reaches the railing.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 241