Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331330 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1725 on: December 28, 2015, 02:07:10 pm »

John places his right hand on a gun, but proceeds to talk casually to a newcomer:

- We're good! We have some swords, spears, a couple of bows and arrows to spare, armor sets, and these rocks that go boom when you hit 'em really hard. Pretty sure we got something else if we look up here some more. Any of those sound interesting?

((Doc, that's very cool.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: December 28, 2015, 03:22:58 pm »

Dave sticks his head over the side as best as he can.  This continues to be a very interesting day.

"Got any booze?  Or anything similar?"

See if this guy is that kind of dealer.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 28, 2015, 04:04:16 pm »

Let the other people do the talking. Perch and occasionally wave my wings in a motion as if I'm about to initiate flight, like an actual domestic vulture and everything.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 28, 2015, 04:37:53 pm »

Sell useless fire rock, gain ULTIMATE POWER.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 28, 2015, 08:20:26 pm »

"I have especially explosive molotovs," offers Xankarvo from his seat.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1730 on: December 29, 2015, 11:22:35 am »

John places his right hand on a gun, but proceeds to talk casually to a newcomer:

- We're good! We have some swords, spears, a couple of bows and arrows to spare, armor sets, and these rocks that go boom when you hit 'em really hard. Pretty sure we got something else if we look up here some more. Any of those sound interesting?

((Doc, that's very cool.))

"Course ya got them rocks, idjit, they're all over the place. But 'at other stuff don't grow round here, so we got business ta do."

Dave sticks his head over the side as best as he can.  This continues to be a very interesting day.

"Got any booze?  Or anything similar?"

See if this guy is that kind of dealer.
"Moonshine! Starshine! HELLSHINE!" He laughs uproariously for reasons you don't understand.

Let the other people do the talking. Perch and occasionally wave my wings in a motion as if I'm about to initiate flight, like an actual domestic vulture and everything.
You do your best bird impression.

Pretty good, 8/10 bird antics.

Sell useless fire rock, gain ULTIMATE POWER.
Nice try.

So whats the deal? You coming down or ya gots ladder on this big ass fella or what?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: December 29, 2015, 11:46:50 am »

- Just a minute, I'll get you some stuff to see.

Pack together an armor set, two spears and two swords, one bow, a handful of arrows and a Sphere of Rods I bought back in Slenceville. With that jolly bundle behind my back, descend from the Warbeast in all my burnt glory.

- Here, that's what we're packing, with more of any of these if you're interested, plus a little something that just might be interesting to a collector. Now what do you have? We could be interested in potentially re-sellable goods and artefacts empowering the owner. And yes, some booze. My personal interest is rare, powerful handguns, but we probably couldn't afford that. We also have a guy who could use new arms.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 03:39:19 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1732 on: December 31, 2015, 11:26:02 am »

- Just a minute, I'll get you some stuff to see.

Pack together an armor set, two spears and two swords, one bow, a handful of arrows and a Sphere of Rods I bought back in Slenceville. With that jolly bundle behind my back, descend from the Warbeast in all my burnt glory.

- Here, that's what we're packing, with more of any of these if you're interested, plus a little something that just might be interesting to a collector. Now what do you have? We could be interested in potentially re-sellable goods and artefacts empowering the owner. And yes, some booze. My personal interest is rare, powerful handguns, but we probably couldn't afford that. We also have a guy who could use new arms.
The creature that was yelling at you appears to be 7 foot tall humanoid alligator with a long white beard. He's wearing nothing but red long underwear and standing in front of a giant, heavily modified pick up truck. He smells overwhelmingly of booze, gunpowder and slightly rotten meat. You hand him the pack and he digs through it, carefully sifting through the contents with one enormous clawed finger.  After a few minutes he selects the ball of rods, and all the weapons.

"I gots me a ton of stuff to trade." He says, still idly poking at the ball of rods, "Anything in particular you be looking for?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 31, 2015, 11:38:01 am »

Perch and watch.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 31, 2015, 02:44:34 pm »

((You know, we could probably take this guy down without too much trouble, assuming he doesn't have any bullshit Christmas Magic crammed up his lack of sleeve.))

Hyenakles lowers his gun. "Do you have any information on the surrounding area? Where exactly did you come from?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 31, 2015, 03:05:38 pm »

Xan finally decides to get out of his chair temporarily and look at whoever this is.

"Alright, who is thi-whaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 31, 2015, 05:09:42 pm »

- First off, do you have any stuff a man with no hands could use to substitute his hands? Next, some booze. I think we'd like to take a little of many things at once, so pick, say, dozen of bottles of different sorts, your choice. Finally, look at this fella here and tell me if you got any ammo for that, or any similar guns [referring to John's gun, show bullets in the mag, whatever, just don't let go of it while showing]. We could throw in something else for that last lot.
Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 31, 2015, 05:18:51 pm »

"Hmm."
Need a voice.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: December 31, 2015, 08:51:28 pm »

Dave, hearing the request for booze, just kept his mouth shut and observed.  Hope he had some good stuff.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1739 on: January 01, 2016, 11:51:44 am »

Perch and watch.
They see you perching.

They don't really care.

((You know, we could probably take this guy down without too much trouble, assuming he doesn't have any bullshit Christmas Magic crammed up his lack of sleeve.))

Hyenakles lowers his gun. "Do you have any information on the surrounding area? Where exactly did you come from?"
He doesn't have bullshit powers, I can tell you that much.

"I'm from up north a ways."
He points off into the distance. "I can tell you there ain't much here. But over there" He points at the storm wall "That place is a biggin"

- First off, do you have any stuff a man with no hands could use to substitute his hands? Next, some booze. I think we'd like to take a little of many things at once, so pick, say, dozen of bottles of different sorts, your choice. Finally, look at this fella here and tell me if you got any ammo for that, or any similar guns [referring to John's gun, show bullets in the mag, whatever, just don't let go of it while showing]. We could throw in something else for that last lot.

"I got something I think. Bought it offa limb broker out in the black wastes east of here. One whole arm, guaranteed functional, preserved and dexterous. "

"Booze? Shit, course I got booze. I got all sortsa booze. You wanna get drunk or you wanna wake up in a ditch with no pants and your arm around a pig? Cause I don't want you coming in expecting a buzz and getting a jet engine, ya follow?"

"Oooo boy, thats a beaut. What is that, conquering king make? Looks like living soul steel; blood driven right? I got some bullets for it, but not many. Those things is rare even in lands with his trade routes. Out here in the boonies, they're heirlooms, rarer than a sane wizard."
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 241