Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331387 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2070 on: March 24, 2016, 01:55:57 pm »

[HYENGLISH OATHS AND EPITHETS]

Shoot crabman in his stupid crabman face with John's pistol. Also don't die?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: March 24, 2016, 03:25:05 pm »

I AM A GOD OF FLAME AHAHAHAHHAHAHA

BURN PUNY CRABMAN BURN! Ride the wave of success before my dice turn on me again.

((I'm on a roll right now, damn))

((The Xantalos dice is about to strike again.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: March 24, 2016, 04:25:39 pm »

RAM the crab-man!  Back of the leg or somesuch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: March 25, 2016, 05:22:46 pm »

Hard to believe in? Goddamn, man, did you just see that? Dude went flying from the power of his hands! And he's not even using any super magic artifacts. It's all him, baby.

In any case, admire Xan's form and skill. Have a little faith!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2074 on: March 28, 2016, 12:58:42 pm »

I AM A GOD OF FLAME AHAHAHAHHAHAHA

BURN PUNY CRABMAN BURN! Ride the wave of success before my dice turn on me again.

((I'm on a roll right now, damn))
[2]
You point your hand at the crab man and shout your overblown self aggrandizing threats.

And then nothing at all happens.

"Oh. Um. I promise this has never happened before."

Lay on the ground and hum the song. Think about death.
Stop ignoring my stupid actions.

((Maybe I'll get resistant to the song eventually.))

[5]
Your suicidally depressing singing actually works this time! You really bum out the trees around you!

[HYENGLISH OATHS AND EPITHETS]

Shoot crabman in his stupid crabman face with John's pistol. Also don't die?
[6]
You raise John's pistol with your good...well, less broken arm and take aim at the crab man. You're lucky, he's close and he makes a big target.  You aim for the center of mass, steady your hand and fire. Blood flows not just from your hand but from your other wounds as well, pouring up into the chamber and across the grooves of the weapon. It holds there, crystallizing into a shimmering metallic red before evaporating into a red haze. The resulting bullet has the dimensions of a cannon ball and the force of a howitzer behind it. The crab man's entire torso ceases to be, reduced to shreds of crab meat and bits of shell. His limbs all collapse onto the deck, as though his body had simply been spirited away rather then blown apart. The cannon ball punches straight through the corner of the crew house and then impacts the valley wall, detonating in a massive red tinged explosion that showers the war beast in gravel and dust.

[6]
You Keep the pistol raised and ready, clinging tenaciously to life.

RAM the crab-man!  Back of the leg or somesuch.
You ram one of the severed legs! It's...questionably effective!

Hard to believe in? Goddamn, man, did you just see that? Dude went flying from the power of his hands! And he's not even using any super magic artifacts. It's all him, baby.

In any case, admire Xan's form and skill. Have a little faith!

"Don't worry Xan, happens to the best of us! Just a part of getting older."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: March 28, 2016, 01:55:02 pm »

Ooh, grab one of the severed crab legs. Those are the good bits.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: March 28, 2016, 02:11:51 pm »

Xankarvo recovers remarkably quickly from the blow to his ego.

"My luck always has had the tendency to waver back and forth between incredible success and spectacular failure. Seems even the afterlife couldn't change that. Now then, where's John?"

Any other enemies approaching? Where's John and that other guy that fell off?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: March 28, 2016, 03:36:22 pm »

Stop the bleeding with my cloak, again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: March 28, 2016, 08:31:43 pm »

Confirm that no other ropes are attached.  Otherwise, be adorable around wounded people to lift their spirits.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2079 on: March 29, 2016, 10:56:55 am »

Ooh, grab one of the severed crab legs. Those are the good bits.
The nicest looking one is the giant claw, but weighs several times more than you so "Grabbing" it is rather out of the question.  Now, maybe if you broke it up some. Maybe got the meat out, cooked it with some butter and lemon, that might be a viable plan.

Xankarvo recovers remarkably quickly from the blow to his ego.

"My luck always has had the tendency to waver back and forth between incredible success and spectacular failure. Seems even the afterlife couldn't change that. Now then, where's John?"

Any other enemies approaching? Where's John and that other guy that fell off?
You go look over the edge of the deck. The last few attackers still doggedly climbing are being grabbed and tossed into the distance by the war beast. Seems this ambush has been over come for now. Though, there appears to still be scattered movement down in the forest below. As per your fallen teammates, they should be down below near the war beast's feet. Assuming he didn't step on them.

Stop the bleeding with my cloak, again.
[2]
You weakly wrap the cloak around yourself and try to hold the blood in. It doesn't work very well. You can feel it pulsing out in a warm stream, soaking the cloak. Breathing is becoming difficult.

Confirm that no other ropes are attached.  Otherwise, be adorable around wounded people to lift their spirits.
You double check that there are no more ropes attached to the deck and then go stand over by Hyenankles. You chase your tail and do forward rolls and generally attempt to be as adorable as possible.

It doesn't seem to help the bleeding.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: March 29, 2016, 11:23:21 am »

Um.  Fetch medical supplies?  Are there any here?  Maybe some cloth for bandages?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: March 29, 2016, 11:24:01 am »

"It appears I'm one of the only ones capable of actually taking action to preserve the lives of my meatshields. Delightful. Mr. Bird, go and check on John and whatever that orb thing was. They're somewhere by the warbeast's feet."

Go feed Hyenakles some of my healing plant and try to bind his wound or something. Have faith that the plant is super effective.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: March 29, 2016, 11:40:44 am »

"Well, looks like you chaps have this under control."

Go look for John. Did he fall or something?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2083 on: April 01, 2016, 10:23:47 am »

Um.  Fetch medical supplies?  Are there any here?  Maybe some cloth for bandages?
You run into the crew cabin and grab what you can. Some cloth for bandages, thread and needles for stitching. You're not really sure how to help with wounds like this. You can't put a tourniquet on an entire torso. You bring out what you've got and pile it near hyenakles.

"Well, looks like you chaps have this under control."

Go look for John. Did he fall or something?
You fly down into the forest, carefully flapping through the thick foliage and endless pillars of dark wood. It takes a bit of searching but you manage to find both the humming brain sphere and John. The sphere appears damaged but judging by the endless chattering of the skull attached to it, it is at the very least alive. John, on the other hand, looks very dead. The engine his chest is exposed, half jammed out through the rib cage, and his limbs are splayed and broken, twisted and limp. The only thing moving is the engine, which is chugging along weakly.

"It appears I'm one of the only ones capable of actually taking action to preserve the lives of my meatshields. Delightful. Mr. Bird, go and check on John and whatever that orb thing was. They're somewhere by the warbeast's feet."

Go feed Hyenakles some of my healing plant and try to bind his wound or something. Have faith that the plant is super effective.
[3]
You force some of the leaves into hyenakle's mouth and the bleeding seems to slow ever so slightly. You decide to shove some directly into the wounds.
[2]
That doesn't work.

He's passed out by now, John's pistol still clutched in one hand. You better do something in the next minute or so; he won't last much longer.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: April 01, 2016, 10:32:01 am »

"Right, you'll thank me later for this."

What time is it, kids?

It's cauterization time!
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 241