Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331234 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2160 on: April 15, 2016, 10:57:25 am »

Logically, if a skull is animated and on fire, it can see. How else would wheel skelingtons be able to steer?
Besides, I have direct damn evidence that skulls can talk. I mean, come ON.

[2]
Apparently your healing ain't no magic at all.
In which case the character that I'm playing is not the one that I made a sheet for, as I cannot see how the following is possible without magic:
Shards or pieces of glass can be used to repair scratches and cracks in the sphere.

Meanwhile, hover near Dave and beatbox to make a soundtrack for the party being thrown in his dreams.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 10:27:49 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: April 15, 2016, 12:45:50 pm »

DBZ style yelling? :P I kid, maybe just mentally psyching myself up for the operation or somesuch.

"A skull?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: April 15, 2016, 01:18:17 pm »

"Are there any like me here, I wonder?  Not sure what this dream is, but why not?"

Seek others of my kind.  How do I compare?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: April 15, 2016, 01:49:26 pm »

- So, um, could you, like, retrieve my human head as a replacement one? I would rather have binocular vision, I got used to it. Not like it's any good on the old shoulders anyway.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: April 15, 2016, 03:24:00 pm »

Wander into Dave's dream sequence, because why not.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: April 16, 2016, 09:58:22 pm »

Also show up in there. Carrying a keg of dream-beer and a large boombox.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2166 on: April 17, 2016, 12:02:35 am »

Slightly comically oversized skull it is! I'm sure any practical concerns can be patched over with sufficient faith and ignorance.
I'm pretty sure someone in the vatican has used that exact line of reasoning at one point or another.
You grab the most threatening looking skull -one with three eyes and two curling ram horns- and bring it over to the deer-man corpse.

Logically, if a skull is animated and on fire, it can see. How else would wheel skelingtons be able to steer?
Besides, I have direct damn evidence that skulls can talk. I mean, come ON.

[2]
Apparently your healing ain't no magic at all.
In which case the character that I'm playing is not the one that I made a sheet for, as I cannot see how the following is possible without magic:
Shards or pieces of glass can be used to repair scratches and cracks in the sphere.

Meanwhile, hover near Dave and beatbox to make a soundtrack for the party being thrown in his dreams.
Let me rephrase that. You have it but it wasn't working.
[6]
This time it works...but it ends up less as a nice smooth covering as a half melted mass of distorted glass, complete with embedded labels from the bottles.

Oh well, better than an exposed brain

DBZ style yelling? :P I kid, maybe just mentally psyching myself up for the operation or somesuch.

"A skull?"
[2]
You stand perfectly still with a dull expression on your face and an open mouth. The sound of white noise comes from your mouth, like a radio left on and untuned. Your eyes stare blankly into infinity.

"Are there any like me here, I wonder?  Not sure what this dream is, but why not?"

Seek others of my kind.  How do I compare?
You see one like you, but it is much bigger, less cute and doesn't seem to have sapience like you. It chews grass like a bovine and surveys the world with uncomprehending reptilian eyes.

[4]
You somehow get into Dave's dream sequence, albeit as some kind of tiny  jurassic mammal rather than your glorious hyenaman form. But still, it's something to do while you perhaps slowly expire, or maybe live. Who knows.

Also show up in there. Carrying a keg of dream-beer and a large boombox.
[no]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: April 17, 2016, 12:18:55 am »

Xankarvo shakes his head and snaps back to reality.

"My bad, got caught up in the things I've planned for my future omnipotence. So, skull for the head? That'll work probably. Be ready to get John into the deer guy's body cavity."

Make sure Bird and also Bowling Ball Brain are helping me with this thing and are prepared to actually transfer John to the thing. Then use me magic powers to burn out the organs and stuff taking up Johnspace inside the deer guy, and use the power I get from the sacrifice of the dead flesh to fuse the skull to its neck.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:22:36 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: April 17, 2016, 12:20:26 am »

Help with the ritual operation as best as possible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: April 17, 2016, 12:32:07 am »

"Huh... why so much bigger?"

Explore the world!  What wonders can be found?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: April 17, 2016, 12:42:53 am »

((I can see the operating room now: a serious looking wizard in a track suit stands over a decapitated and now eviscerated man stuffing a running engine into it's chest cavity and cursing, while a misshapen glass wearing a traditional white nurses cap floats various sharp and bloody objects around the operating theater humming a cheery tune to itself. The wizard finishing his work now moves onto the neck of the body motioning for the glass ball to hand him the lump of internal organs pilled on the floor, taking these in his mismatched appendages the viscera spontaneously catches flame and burns to ash, moving very quickly now the wizard snatches a three eyed horned skull from the telekinetic grasp of the ball and mashes it onto the body neck muttering to himself "The only possible side effects we can foresee, John, is some neck stiffness and the fact that you'll have a skull for a head." As he mutters the wizard's hand glows and the skull fuses itself to the neck as the engine revs. The golem known as John stands up))

« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:44:25 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: April 17, 2016, 12:57:28 am »

((That's assuming everything goes well.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: April 17, 2016, 01:03:32 am »

((I was tempted to write a fuck up version, but I couldn't think of anything funny for Xan to say))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: April 17, 2016, 01:11:31 am »

((You wouldn't need to, because he would be screaming.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: April 17, 2016, 01:22:30 am »

((hmm, good point….))

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 241