Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331165 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2175 on: April 17, 2016, 04:21:05 am »

Be the best bird I can be as I assist Xan's effort to attach this skull!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2176 on: April 20, 2016, 10:07:05 am »

Xankarvo shakes his head and snaps back to reality.

"My bad, got caught up in the things I've planned for my future omnipotence. So, skull for the head? That'll work probably. Be ready to get John into the deer guy's body cavity."

Make sure Bird and also Bowling Ball Brain are helping me with this thing and are prepared to actually transfer John to the thing. Then use me magic powers to burn out the organs and stuff taking up Johnspace inside the deer guy, and use the power I get from the sacrifice of the dead flesh to fuse the skull to its neck.
[4]
You get rid of the organs and attach the head, but not quite right. It's sort of lopsided, tipped at a roguish angle. Oh well.

"Huh... why so much bigger?"

Explore the world!  What wonders can be found?
Nothing, really. Just more dinosaurs. More ferns and fronds and oversized plants and insects.

Be the best bird I can be as I assist Xan's effort to attach this skull!
Help with the ritual operation as best as possible.
You do your best, but apparently it doesn't measure up. Not quite, at least.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: April 20, 2016, 10:15:34 am »

"Okay, your head's rather tilted, but that's alright. We'll find a fedora and that'll make your head straighter. Where do you reckon we go from here? We're in the garden of the war gods, I'm fairly sure."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 20, 2016, 10:55:00 am »

Grow into the new body.

- Maybe to the west, into Cemiac Empire? Empire typically stands for some degree of civilisation and dignity, and I have gained some appreciation for those lately. Then again, they might be the ravaging empire type... Succubus hell has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 20, 2016, 11:00:21 am »

"Not particularly, but I've never been the type to see the appeal to sexual acts. I'm open to go anywhere there are people to spread the knowledge of my powers to - I'm eager to see how they grow."
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: April 20, 2016, 11:05:56 am »

- Westbound it is then. Lead the Warbeast, I'm going to be growing into this body for a while.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 20, 2016, 11:30:56 am »

Communicate with my ancestors.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 20, 2016, 11:32:59 am »

"Right. Xan, we go west!"

West! Try to assess whatever damage the warbeast sustained during the attack. Maybe try fixing some of the more fixable stuff, stack the bodies neatly, etc.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:35:46 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 20, 2016, 11:36:51 am »

"Not particularly, but I've never been the type to see the appeal to sexual acts. I'm open to go anywhere there are people to spread the knowledge of my powers to - I'm eager to see how they grow."

"I would bet that if there ever was a place to change your mind on that first part, good chap, it would be Succubus Hell."

"I'm not rightly certain how the 'eats your soul' bit of succubation works here in Hell, however. Do they just provide, er, incentives for us to stay? Ooh er."

Perch and cast a sharp eye westward. Spread wings. Be a figurehead!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2184 on: April 23, 2016, 05:39:46 pm »

Grow into the new body.

- Maybe to the west, into Cemiac Empire? Empire typically stands for some degree of civilisation and dignity, and I have gained some appreciation for those lately. Then again, they might be the ravaging empire type... Succubus hell has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
This body is...well it's not exactly mint condition, but you can get the arms and legs moving and stagger around a bit. Gonna take some getting used to. Especially this dutch angle view they've managed to give you. Your head also doesn't seem to turn...you have to physically turn and face whatever you look at. Thats gonna take some getting used to as well.

Communicate with my ancestors.
They seem to mostly ignore you, occasionally making gutteral grunts or strange hissing noises.  One of them starts talking with the voice of one of your road trip friends. Huh...

"I would bet that if there ever was a place to change your mind on that first part, good chap, it would be Succubus Hell."

"I'm not rightly certain how the 'eats your soul' bit of succubation works here in Hell, however. Do they just provide, er, incentives for us to stay? Ooh er."

Perch and cast a sharp eye westward. Spread wings. Be a figurehead!
You do your best impression of a carved wooden ornament. I think we all would have preferred a mermaid minus the bikini but we make due.

"Right. Xan, we go west!"

West! Try to assess whatever damage the warbeast sustained during the attack. Maybe try fixing some of the more fixable stuff, stack the bodies neatly, etc.
The beast starts walking toward the west while you look around. Hmm. Lost some railings...and now your housing has a new skylight...deck is scorched in one place...Lots of holes from harpoons and grappling hooks.  You stack the bodies off in one corner of the deck and then secure a sheet over the hole in the roof. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 23, 2016, 06:38:53 pm »

- This body is not as good as the one that broke, but it beats slow death of hunger, rust and sensory deprivation. Maybe we'll get me another one on our way, eventually. My hands, legs and eyes are with me, and that's good enough for now.

Go find myself something to wear - I'm not used to walking around in nothing but loincloth. Then go see Hyenakles: how is he doing?
Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: April 23, 2016, 11:00:14 pm »

"Hey buddy!  What in the blazes is this place?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2187 on: April 24, 2016, 12:17:15 am »

- This body is not as good as the one that broke, but it beats slow death of hunger, rust and sensory deprivation. Maybe we'll get me another one on our way, eventually. My hands, legs and eyes are with me, and that's good enough for now.

Go find myself something to wear - I'm not used to walking around in nothing but loincloth. Then go see Hyenakles: how is he doing?
Your old clothes are torn up, so you dig something out of the crew quarters. Loose cloth clothing, coarse but sturdy, dyed a strange shade of organic green, with a black surcoat over it. You get yourself some matching black cloth and carefully wrap it around your head and shoulders so that only your eyes are exposed. That should keep you from looking so...obviously second hand, so to speak.

Hyenakles is alive, barely. He won't bleed out but someone should really get him into a bed. And probably splinted up. Unless Xan wants to attempt some sort of radical healing procedure.

"Hey buddy!  What in the blazes is this place?"

The guy is talking about something...something about Succubus hell. He doesn't seem to be responding to you, just talking.

You groggily realize you're dreaming as the world around you begins to melt back into the real one.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 24, 2016, 01:07:25 am »

"Hmm. Mayhaps I should fuse some more arms to my torso using these powers I've obtained, could be useful in the future as well as creating an intimidating reputation. Mayhaps..."

Assess the number of functional arms the corpses have, how many left, how many right. Are there any particularly cool-looking ones should I begin an Asura impression?
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: April 24, 2016, 08:45:26 pm »

Dave shook his head off.  "Urgh... wh... where am I?"
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 241