Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331134 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2355 on: May 28, 2016, 10:57:41 am »

((It's actually around 11 months long. Refer to this page. That being said, the rate at which we've encountered new players seems to have increased, so hopefully you'll be in relatively soon.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: May 30, 2016, 10:47:56 pm »

Keep singing, louder this time.  Encourage anyone else who is drinking or singing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2357 on: June 03, 2016, 11:17:00 am »

Go try to find some locals. be sure they can see my sweet bottle-bottom-shaped scar. Ask if anyone is willing to trade a tape recorder.
Still doing all this. Fly up the ladders and stuff, looking out for anything actually valuable, but not obviously important. Think that there's probably a village up on top of the mesa.
You rise up to the top of the mesa and immediately come face to...glass exterior surface with a man. He looks human, but he also appears to be severely crippled. He's wearing nothing but a loin cloth and a wooden mask situated in the middle of a unruly mane of filthy hair. His entire body has the texture or fleshy tree bark; twisted and knobbed with scars; darkly tanned skin shot through with streaks of pale, smooth or puckered flesh. He freezes the moment he sees you and you both just sort of sit there, in a motionless, eyeless stand off.

Great, so despite me saying it twice, no one actually sent the guy a PM before you murdered him? Wonderful.

((We probably each individually assumed someone else would do it/had already done it.))

"Can anyone bust ghosts? I feel like here's one staring me."

"These things happen when you eat brains, clawfriend. Spiritual experiences, you see. That's why aborigines do it in the first place."

Offer Xan scarification services. As our resident shaman he ought to be properly initiated into the role. Maybe get the deathclaw to help!
You offer to mildly maim xan.  I question if he'll accept.

Great, so despite me saying it twice, no one actually sent the guy a PM before you murdered him? Wonderful.

((We probably each individually assumed someone else would do it/had already done it.))
Goddamn Bystander effect.
((I know I assumed I'd done it for some reason but looking through my sent PMs it's obvious I never did. Not sure how I missed that.))

"That'll be the brain you ate, most likely. I can put a ward into your forehead that should help ward it away."

If baby deathclaw agrees, burn a cool-looking pattern into his forehead with a hot poker or sword or other pointy thing/carve it into his forehead with my crab claw. Make an ominous production out of it, relying on his belief to make it real. Observe the results of my first thoughtform.

Goddamn Bystander effect.
((I know I assumed I'd done it for some reason but looking through my sent PMs it's obvious I never did. Not sure how I missed that.))

"That'll be the brain you ate, most likely. I can put a ward into your forehead that should help ward it away."

If baby deathclaw agrees, burn a cool-looking pattern into his forehead with a hot poker or sword or other pointy thing/carve it into his forehead with my crab claw. Make an ominous production out of it, relying on his belief to make it real. Observe the results of my first thoughtform.

((Usually it is GM's burden to remind players when they are up. And player's responsiblity to keep track of the game they wanted to join in. ER is exception.))

"If it makes ghosts go away, then sure. Will it ward all ghosts away?"

Permit Xan's fire brand performance on me. Looks like he knows what he's doing.
[3]
Xan cuts a rather sloppy looking sigil in the death claw's forehead with his claw. It's questionable if anything happens one way or another.

Hmm. good at information retrieval and at distracting and mesmerizing. there is no npc around to mesmerize, so I guess my action will be to
Learn all I can in one turn about how Xan's magic works, so that I may adapt and duplicate it's effects for my own, selfish, attention-getting purposes.
[6]
From what you can tell it relies entirely on hurting people, fire and bragging.

Keep looking for evidence of deer shank, and questioning people frantically about whether they've seen her. Make sure to check that I definitely am not caring it, I guess (I still do according to the wiki page, but I believe that's just out of date). Continue having the aforementioned nervous breakdown.

((PW: You can process this as an action, or just interpret it as a "wait" post. Whichever you'd prefer.))
(I'd give you an action but I'm honestly not sure where the thing went. A lot of meat got flung around recently, living or otherwise.)

Spoiler: CS (click to show/hide)
((Decided to make a new character.))
((PS: Sorry for not checking in on the thread. I was lurking regularly for a bit, then checked in more periodically.  I just like thought I'd get a reminder, though.))
Ok, you're in. Consider yourself standing on the warbeast deck.
Keep singing, louder this time.  Encourage anyone else who is drinking or singing.
You sing louder. You scream atonal lyrics at people on the deck while gesturing at them with your mug of booze in an extremely exaggerated fashion. They seem confused how you're holding the mug without thumbs or indeed digits of any kind.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: June 03, 2016, 12:41:12 pm »

Xankarvo notices the lady he killed.

"Huh. Must've drawn the reverse symbol by mistake and summoned the ghost to life. Nothing that can be done about that now, but I'll make some alterations that'll help in the future."

Claim credit for the lady appearing, make some more lines and such in the symbol to make it seem a bit more fancy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:54:45 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: June 03, 2016, 03:17:46 pm »

((It's not the same lady.))

"Hello! Do you speak Space-English? Or whatever this is? Hmm, never really thought about it..."
Cheerfully greet this strange and exciting new person!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: June 03, 2016, 03:34:13 pm »

Sebastian starts bragging about how great he is, and how likable. He runs around biting peole on the ankles, climbing up pant legs, or bare legs, and telling painful ff color puns. Once he's charged enough ... i don't know ... imagination, he tries to make himself look hideously deformed, like he has a Xan head growing out of the top of his own head. A Xan head, oriented sideways, which constantly vomits in a sad, gurgling fashion.

Edit: also, believe really hard that toaster's character is a giant dinosaur. Tell everyone this, regardless of whether they listne. Make them believe through the sheer power of bullshit entertainment.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 09:25:05 pm by Ozarck »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: June 03, 2016, 03:56:33 pm »

((It's not the same lady.))
((Thanks, edited to make it more in-line with that while still playing myself up.))

Sebastian starts bragging about how great he is, and how likable. He runs around biting peole on the ankles, climbing up pant legs, or bare legs, and telling painful ff color puns. Once he's charged enough ... i don't know ... imagination, he tries to make himself look hideously deformed, like he has a Xan head growing out of the top of his own head. A Xan head, oriented sideways, which constantly vomits in a sad, gurgling fashion.
""If you're attempting to imitate me, it won't work."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: June 03, 2016, 05:08:00 pm »

"Yeaaaaah... thiiiis Xan guy...  he's pretty cool!  Woooooo!"

Woooooo!  ((new action below))
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 06:32:30 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: June 03, 2016, 07:18:33 pm »

Walk over to somebody, and introduce myself.
"Oh, hello! I'm Dianne, one of the members of the world-famous Primettes. Nice to meet you."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:27:10 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: June 03, 2016, 08:56:30 pm »

While yellow would be happy to meet you, she is actually far away, talking to somebody else. Sorry.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: June 03, 2016, 09:11:03 pm »

((Sorry, but who is she speaking to then?))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: June 03, 2016, 10:11:10 pm »

""If you're attempting to imitate me, it won't work."
I am a completely original character, doing my own thing, for power and glory! And attention. Now feed me! Feed me Seymour!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: June 03, 2016, 10:49:16 pm »

((Sorry, but who is she speaking to then?))

You rise up to the top of the mesa and immediately come face to...glass exterior surface with a man. He looks human, but he also appears to be severely crippled. He's wearing nothing but a loin cloth and a wooden mask situated in the middle of a unruly mane of filthy hair. His entire body has the texture or fleshy tree bark; twisted and knobbed with scars; darkly tanned skin shot through with streaks of pale, smooth or puckered flesh. He freezes the moment he sees you and you both just sort of sit there, in a motionless, eyeless stand off.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: June 04, 2016, 02:24:50 am »

((Ah. I'll edit my post.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: June 04, 2016, 05:24:14 am »

Xankarvo notices the lady he killed.

"Huh. Must've drawn the reverse symbol by mistake and summoned the ghost to life. Nothing that can be done about that now, but I'll make some alterations that'll help in the future."

Claim credit for the lady appearing, make some more lines and such in the symbol to make it seem a bit more fancy.

"That's fine, I think. She's now easier to stab!"

Walk over to somebody, and introduce myself.
"Oh, hello! I'm Dianne, one of the members of the world-famous Primettes. Nice to meet you."

"What are Primettes?" Little deathclaw Ryan asks.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 241