Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331315 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2490 on: July 14, 2016, 01:41:09 pm »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2491 on: July 14, 2016, 04:44:15 pm »

Help fish the deathclaw out of the stream! It may be questionably useful, but such eagerness should be rewarded always.
[1]
You dive down into the river to help the little death claw and...immediately slam into the water and start drowning yourself. Admittedly you should have seen this coming; vultures are not known for their ability to swoop majestically down on the surface of a raging river and pluck a small creature out of it for various purposes. Mostly I'm pretty sure vultures are known for using urine as a cooling method and vomit as a self defense.

Pounce on the boar, and bite its neck.
Here's something interesting; did you know hyenas, despite being hunters as well as scavengers, aren't as good at taking down prey as big cats? They lack the jaws and teeth needed to do what the big cats do, their jaws are more powerful but the teeth are designed for crushing bone and tearing flesh, not stabbing in deep. Hyenas actually hunt in a rather gruesome method of running along with their prey and tearing pieces of it off until it collapses and then they tear it apart.
[5]
So while you do manage to leap down and land right on the boar's back and wrap your teeth around it's meaty neck, this doesn't kill it. It doesn't even really slow it down.The muscles of its neck and shoulders are like coiled metal and hugely thick, which makes sense considering the huge skull and tusks. But at the very least you've got your claws and teeth deep in its hide, and shaking you off is gonna be very hard.

Trash wildy trying to get hold on something. With stabby fingers.
[5]
You doggy paddle to the shore and catch hold of a root dangling into the water. As you pull yourself up you see a bird float past you. It squawks something about irony and no good deed and then vanishes downstream. Huh. Then the boar goes charging by just past you, still following the shore, and it has another of your new friends on its back. Huh again.

"Interesting. How did the voice first come to be?"

Anthropology!

I think this is anthropology, the word says to my brain that anthropology is what I'm doing here.

"Songs speak of the first of our tribe, Most-Beautiful.  He sang with the voice of the people, but was all alone. So he pulled his many voices from his throat and buried them in the clay of the river. And from this came our people. When now we sing together, we speak with the voice of Most-Beautiful.

Any song sung by many cannot be a lie."

Imagine that I have Faith Points, then expend one to make Dave's horn stick on.
[4] You get his horn stuck on.

Its not...perfectly straight but it's pretty good.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: July 15, 2016, 01:39:50 am »

Well there's a fine situation.

Hm. Doggy-paddling appears to work. Try that myself!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: July 15, 2016, 01:53:01 am »

Hyenas actually hunt in a rather gruesome method of running along with their prey and tearing pieces of it off until it collapses and then they tear it apart.

Huh. I did not know that. Begin doing that, then.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: July 15, 2016, 02:52:23 am »

"Ah, you are the spawn of one who came from life. I see.

I know of this principle. Things seem to twist to fit the opinion of the majority here.

Is this Most-Beautiful still existent?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: July 15, 2016, 03:57:59 am »

Ryan looks in the direction where bird disappeared and then after the boar. Ehh, both are going in same direction.

Ryan chases after the boar, happily chasing the thing around and slashing and stabbing tendons, arteries and what not.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: July 15, 2016, 07:32:49 am »

Attempt this action:
I climb up onto the main scarred speaker's shoulder and ask, right into his ear:

"So, what kind of effects does your People's Voice achieve? Fireworks? Lightning strikes? Loud noises?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: July 16, 2016, 01:49:29 am »

Rush after the others and attempt to save Mr. Bird!
Assess how far from the riverbank he is. Try and avoid the enraged boar. Hang onto the axe.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2498 on: July 16, 2016, 04:30:40 pm »

Well there's a fine situation.

Hm. Doggy-paddling appears to work. Try that myself!

[6]
You vigorously paddle yourself to the shore, flopping down on the soft wet soil in a sputtering pile. Your feathers are all mussed and soaking wet; you're not gonna be able to fly like this.

Hyenas actually hunt in a rather gruesome method of running along with their prey and tearing pieces of it off until it collapses and then they tear it apart.

Huh. I did not know that. Begin doing that, then.
[3] You chew on the boar, filling your mouth with it's warm blood. It doesn't react except to continue running.

"Ah, you are the spawn of one who came from life. I see.

I know of this principle. Things seem to twist to fit the opinion of the majority here.

Is this Most-Beautiful still existent?"

"He exists, yes. If you follow the river to its source, you will find him. Our people make this pilgrimage once in a lifetime. To have our scars blessed. "

[3] You stab at the boar but fail to do much more than dig small gashes into its monstrous hide. Its skin is like heavy leather.

Attempt this action:
I climb up onto the main scarred speaker's shoulder and ask, right into his ear:

"So, what kind of effects does your People's Voice achieve? Fireworks? Lightning strikes? Loud noises?"
"When last we used it for dire reasons, it let one man beat thousands. Though he did not survive."

Rush after the others and attempt to save Mr. Bird!
Assess how far from the riverbank he is. Try and avoid the enraged boar. Hang onto the axe.

You get to the bank and help Mr.bird pull himself up and away from the water. He's muttering something about plumage.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: July 16, 2016, 04:55:06 pm »

((Most Beautiful sounds an awful lot like Most High, the big brain thing that killed Tarmac, and that probably also made the Salthe. It is possible that all such "Gods" are Livingborn. [/lore]))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: July 16, 2016, 05:08:40 pm »

((Yeah, I'm not sure we should seek the guy out. Wouldn't want to lose half our party to a god again.))

I've got one thing your average hyena hasn't: big, opposable thumbs. I think some eye-gougin's in order.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: July 16, 2016, 05:21:43 pm »

((Nah, we totally should. It'll be fun and educational. He might even give us a few tips on attaining godhood. After all, his creations seem like nice enough people.))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: July 16, 2016, 06:03:49 pm »

(())I agree, you totally should lose half your party to a God again.))
One wheel short of a wagon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: July 16, 2016, 06:03:58 pm »

"The river..."

Look around for a river. I'm guessing it's close by?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: July 16, 2016, 06:17:33 pm »

Make like a cormorant and dry myself.
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 241