Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 327578 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2520 on: July 25, 2016, 01:49:46 pm »

"Hey! My its kill!"

Cute deathclaw roar go! Locate heart and brain, rise them high so everyone around can see them and devour both with gusto.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: July 25, 2016, 02:02:16 pm »

((Wiki says "some nails". Very helpful. :P
We had 100 nails if I remember right, would have used ~70, so I put aside 25 to trade to be on the safe side. But nobody ever got around to repairing the platform, so we only used 18 to repair the roof.
Meaning... 57 in reserve, 25 here already.))

"The twenty-five you have there, plus fifty-seven back on the beast."
Retroactively trade 57 more nails for The Voice of the People.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: July 25, 2016, 02:14:45 pm »

See if I can rip a femur out of the boar. Drop it from on high and gobble it up. Fresh marrow is an uncommon treat!

Or, if that doesn't work, have Hairy Dave chop a bone in half for me before gobbling it up.

((I just realized we have a Hairy Dave and a Dinosaur Dave in the gang.))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:19:09 pm by Harry Baldman »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: July 25, 2016, 02:48:35 pm »

Nab the beast's skin. Tote it and a slab of meat back to the warbeast.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: July 25, 2016, 04:25:28 pm »

((Dino Dave!))

Time for a snack, then.  Go browse the local foliage.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: July 25, 2016, 07:13:38 pm »

((Who is where? I have a feeling our party is split into at least three places right now. Is it just Egan and I up on the plateau with the scarred people?))

Say: "I know it's not permanent, you said as much. I only wanted to put on a show. What, having a party isn't a good enough trade? You guys sing me big, I make with the entertainment, you guys dance and laugh. A good time is had by all."

If that fails to achieve, Sebastian will attempt to rejoin the party: "Hey guys! Don't leave without me!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: July 25, 2016, 10:44:30 pm »

((Dino Dave is at the warbeast.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: July 26, 2016, 04:10:42 am »

Gather some food from the boar?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: July 26, 2016, 07:45:27 pm »

Xankarvo's guiding intelligence (me) will be going on a trip to Internet-less areas for the next 10 days or so. During this time, Xankarvo will mainly stay at the helm of the warbeast, waiting for his meat shields to show up so he can go visit the Most-Beautiful. I'll see if I can post at all in the interim, but probably not.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: July 27, 2016, 06:23:14 pm »

"Grub's up!"
Happily distribute dead boar-bits to any of my new friends who want some!
Wish I had some sort of cheesy "kiss the cook" apron to wear. 

Determine which part of the dead thing would be tastiest to one such as I, and eat my fill of it.
Then stuff some in the pockets of my vest for later.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2530 on: July 30, 2016, 01:40:25 pm »

"Hey! My its kill!"

Cute deathclaw roar go! Locate heart and brain, rise them high so everyone around can see them and devour both with gusto.
[3]
You dig your way into the flesh that the other guy cut out, looking for the brain and heart. But it suddenly occurs to you that, though your mother told you to eat the heart of the things you kill, you don't remember what a heart looks like. You narrow it down to a few things, but you're not sure which of these bits of flesh is the good one.

See if I can rip a femur out of the boar. Drop it from on high and gobble it up. Fresh marrow is an uncommon treat!

Or, if that doesn't work, have Hairy Dave chop a bone in half for me before gobbling it up.

((I just realized we have a Hairy Dave and a Dinosaur Dave in the gang.))
You grab a few bones and drop them from a good height, smashing them open on some nearby rocks. This boar was of uncommon size and his bones are  pleasantly large as well, and filled with delicious marrow. You eat your fill of the stuff, tearing it out with beak and talons. You make a mental note to buy a small spoon at some point, as it would make things much easier.

Nab the beast's skin. Tote it and a slab of meat back to the warbeast.
You grab the pelt of the beast and fold it neatly before hefting a slab of meat over your shoulder and heading back to the war beast. Which, luckily, is right here thanks to Xan.

((Dino Dave!))

Time for a snack, then.  Go browse the local foliage.
There's a lot of local foliage, and a large variety in it.  After sampling several plants you decide that the best one is a purplish fern. It tastes vaguely sweet and is easy to chew.

((Who is where? I have a feeling our party is split into at least three places right now. Is it just Egan and I up on the plateau with the scarred people?))

Say: "I know it's not permanent, you said as much. I only wanted to put on a show. What, having a party isn't a good enough trade? You guys sing me big, I make with the entertainment, you guys dance and laugh. A good time is had by all."

If that fails to achieve, Sebastian will attempt to rejoin the party: "Hey guys! Don't leave without me!"

I think it's two places, 1 group with the scarred man, and another with the war beast over by the river.

The man says, in a roundabout fashion, that the sacred practices of his tribe are not for entertainment purposes.

You rejoin the others.

Gather some food from the boar?
You help everyone pile boar meat onto the warbeast.

Xankarvo's guiding intelligence (me) will be going on a trip to Internet-less areas for the next 10 days or so. During this time, Xankarvo will mainly stay at the helm of the warbeast, waiting for his meat shields to show up so he can go visit the Most-Beautiful. I'll see if I can post at all in the interim, but probably not.
Done.

"Grub's up!"
Happily distribute dead boar-bits to any of my new friends who want some!
Wish I had some sort of cheesy "kiss the cook" apron to wear. 

Determine which part of the dead thing would be tastiest to one such as I, and eat my fill of it.
Then stuff some in the pockets of my vest for later.

You help store boar meat on the warbeast. You imagine that, unless this place is filled with some very hungry predators, that this meat isn't gonna get eaten in the next few days. Salting it might not be a bad idea, if you can find any.

You cook up some of the better looking cuts of meat and have a nice dinner.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: July 30, 2016, 03:41:13 pm »

HEY YOU BASTARD YOU SKIPPED ME I WANT MY MONEY BACK
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: July 30, 2016, 09:00:45 pm »

Nom up my fill, since it appears to be dinner time.  Maybe gather some more to take with.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: July 30, 2016, 10:06:56 pm »

"I'm bored" Let's go someplace full of people. A city!"

Sebastian eats, and rides the War Beast until we leave for places more interesting to him. He tries to encourage the team / the motive force directing the warbeast to lumber off toward a populated area.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: July 30, 2016, 11:43:16 pm »

All aboard the warbeast.

Nom up my fill, since it appears to be dinner time.  Maybe gather some more to take with.

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 241