Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331301 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2535 on: July 31, 2016, 03:38:27 am »

"I'm bored" Let's go someplace full of people. A city!"

Sebastian eats, and rides the War Beast until we leave for places more interesting to him. He tries to encourage the team / the motive force directing the warbeast to lumber off toward a populated area.
No. We are going to meet Most Beautiful.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: July 31, 2016, 04:39:59 am »

((Ossifrages don't suck out the marrow, they eat the entire bone. They can digest the whole thing, you see, it's just that breaking them into smaller pieces makes it much easier to swallow them.))

Lovely bones. Resume position as figurehead on the warbeast as I let it all digest.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: July 31, 2016, 05:07:04 am »

"Hey, guys! Which part of this mess is actually heart?"

Get help for locating the heart. Probably get back on the warbeast too, after ensuring that all juicy meat parts are loaded in.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:21:14 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: July 31, 2016, 07:52:23 am »

Get on board the warbeast.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: August 05, 2016, 11:51:19 pm »

Xankarvo wakes up from his daydreams of eternal dominion over all of existence.

"Everyone, get back here, we're going to visit this Most-Beautiful thing."

Collect erstwhile bumbling meatshields! The trip must commence!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2540 on: August 06, 2016, 10:22:26 am »

HEY YOU BASTARD YOU SKIPPED ME I WANT MY MONEY BACK
You wanna buy the voice of the people? Alright.

The scarred man takes your nails and hands you a fist sized, curly seashell.

"When you need it, write a message with the person's name and their desire and put it into this shell. Then smash the shell. It will take a few minutes to begin, and once it does it will only last a short time."

Nom up my fill, since it appears to be dinner time.  Maybe gather some more to take with.
You eat yourself full and then gather up as much as you can hold in your mouth and walk back to the warbeast. You make a couple of trips like this.
Get on board the warbeast.
Xankarvo wakes up from his daydreams of eternal dominion over all of existence.

"Everyone, get back here, we're going to visit this Most-Beautiful thing."

Collect erstwhile bumbling meatshields! The trip must commence!
((Ossifrages don't suck out the marrow, they eat the entire bone. They can digest the whole thing, you see, it's just that breaking them into smaller pieces makes it much easier to swallow them.))

Lovely bones. Resume position as figurehead on the warbeast as I let it all digest.
"Hey, guys! Which part of this mess is actually heart?"

Get help for locating the heart. Probably get back on the warbeast too, after ensuring that all juicy meat parts are loaded in.
Everyone, including a bunch of hitchhiking boar guts, get back on the war beast.

Sebastian eats, and rides the War Beast until we leave for places more interesting to him. He tries to encourage the team / the motive force directing the warbeast to lumber off toward a populated area.
[6]
You leap up onto the war beast's controls and yell at the engine spirit.

"GO! MUSH! YAH! uh...OTHER WORDS THAT MEAN GO!"

"I don't think--"

"I DON'T PAY YOU TO THINK! I DON'T PAY YOU TO DRIVE THIS THING EITHER, BUT THAT'S WHAT YOU GOTTA DO! SECOND STAR ON THE LEFT AND STRAIGHT ON TILL MORNING WENDY!  BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG CITY! MOVE IT!"

The engine spirit frowns. Or at least you think he does. Hard to tell with a mouth like that. But he starts moving the warbeast towards the east.

No. We are going to meet Most Beautiful.
You slap Sebastian out of the driver seat and tell the Engine spirit to head up the river.  The warbeast changes course and begins to follow the canyon upriver, stomping along beside it.

It takes several hours, even on the war beast, but you eventually see the end of the river. The canyon grows increasingly shallow until the river is simply running on the surface. It finally dead ends in a huge oasis smack dab in the middle of an expanse of sand dunes. Its a strange thing, a mound of green rising out of the pale yellow sand; it has an unreal quality to it, the ferns and palm trees are so dense that all you can see from the outside is a wall of leaves, fronds and trunks.  Judging by these, it seems like the oasis conceals a large hill, quite steep, that makes it look almost like the trees and plants are piled atop each other.  Hundreds of birds circle the mound of greenery and the river seems to ooze out of a thousand tiny gaps in the foliage and flow together into a single stream only after escaping the treeline.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: August 06, 2016, 12:31:41 pm »

Watch the plants and see if any make any particularly tasty maneuvers.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: August 06, 2016, 01:32:23 pm »

I want the boar heart! Where is it?!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: August 06, 2016, 03:19:52 pm »

Drape the boar pelt across my shoulders. If we're going down to the oasis, join the party.

((Someone might want to grab John's gun, since he's inactive.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: August 06, 2016, 03:35:41 pm »

Yellow approches Xankarvo, waggling a shell in the air.
"Heya Xannie. This shell is The Voice Of The People. All you gotta do is write a message and stick it in there, and then smash the thing. Oh, and don't forget to write your name on it.
I'm concerned that several member of our party would try to use it themselves, for petty and slash or foolish reasons. That's why I'm entrusting you, the resident wizard, with this power."

"Oh, and you'll probably need some paper, too."

Give The Voice Of The People to Xankarvo for safe keeping. And also tear a few sheets from my notebook and give him those, as well.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: August 06, 2016, 04:53:48 pm »

"Heya Xannie. This shell is The Voice Of The People. All you gotta do is write a message and stick it in there, and then smash the thing. Oh, and don't forget to write your name on it.
I'm concerned that several member of our party would try to use it themselves, for petty and slash or foolish reasons. That's why I'm entrusting you, the resident wizard, with this power."

Give The Voice Of The People to Xankarvo for safe keeping. And also tear a few sheets from my notebook and give him those, as well.
"You possess surprisingly good sense. My thanks."

"Engine Spirit Xan, maneuver the warbeast closer to the oasis and lower us down. Please maintain a position that would hasten our return to this platform should we need to retreat. Time to talk to another lifeborn."

Store the VOTP shell safely in my robes/tracksuit and head down to the oasis. Rest of the party coming with, hopefully.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 07:28:31 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: August 06, 2016, 07:00:48 pm »

((you put your action inside the quote, Xan))

Sebastian watches the birdies, learning all he can about them. then he examines the mound and divines its secrets.

Edit: stupid rogue apostrophe. it's its when I want possessive. It's it's when I want an action.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 08:17:14 pm by Ozarck »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: August 06, 2016, 07:28:06 pm »

MY MAGIC BACKFIRES ON ME YET AGAIN
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2548 on: August 09, 2016, 01:02:39 pm »

Watch the plants and see if any make any particularly tasty maneuvers.
Well...they are gently waving in the breeze in a rather enticing manner. I dunno, are you the kind of dinosaur who would say those plants are asking for it? Asking to be eaten? Maybe. I mean, look how they're dressed! Stamens all exposed! Scandalous!

I want the boar heart! Where is it?!
You dig through the guts and hold up one part after another until someone confirms that the bit of innards you're holding is in fact the heart. You clap you gore soaked claws in glee.

Drape the boar pelt across my shoulders. If we're going down to the oasis, join the party.

((Someone might want to grab John's gun, since he's inactive.))
You drape the still bloody pelt across your shoulders and stand  on the leading end of the deck, doing your best heroic pose.

Sebastian watches the birdies, learning all he can about them. then he examines the mound and divines its secrets.

Edit: stupid rogue apostrophe. it's its when I want possessive. It's it's when I want an action.
The birds appear to just be birds. No doubt here because of how green and lively this part is compared to the rest of the desert around it.

You give the stuff to Xan. Hopefully he won't use it for natural male enhancement.

"You possess surprisingly good sense. My thanks."

"Engine Spirit Xan, maneuver the warbeast closer to the oasis and lower us down. Please maintain a position that would hasten our return to this platform should we need to retreat. Time to talk to another lifeborn."

Store the VOTP shell safely in my robes/tracksuit and head down to the oasis. Rest of the party coming with, hopefully.

You and a few others head down to the oasis and start walking around it, looking for a way in. The thing is a cage of trees, with only a few inches between any of their trunks. In order to get in you're either gonna have to climb up and switch sides before climbing back down or cut one of these trees down. That or send a very small and skinny person in there. 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: August 09, 2016, 01:53:58 pm »

"Hmm. I do not fancy going in there without an escape route, and cutting down one of those trees is going to likely anger the being I'd like to talk with. One of you go knock on the door, so to speak."

Suggest someone go knock on one of the tree trunks like a door and announce our presence. Maybe the trees will unfold or something.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 241