Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 330365 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2015, 02:16:09 pm »

((Alright, that's fine.))

Look around, take note of any other people in the diner.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2015, 04:38:10 pm »

"Excellent. I shall head there when our companion gets back."

Wait until gorilla guy gets back with Golgon, then head to diner. If we have map of Slencville, consult that to find out where the diner is, if not ask mayor guy beforehand.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 02, 2015, 12:34:58 am »

I meant the junk store.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #303 on: July 02, 2015, 10:35:11 am »

John puts three golden coins on the counter without moving his sight from the sphere.

The proprietor picks up one of the coins and eyes it carefully before testing its softness with her teeth.

"That plus one more will get you the gun and the ammo. How much more you got?"

((Alright, that's fine.))

Look around, take note of any other people in the diner.
There are a few "People" here, but they're not doing anything. They're kind of just sitting in their booths, staring straight ahead, eating nothing and doing nothing. Creepy.

"Excellent. I shall head there when our companion gets back."

Wait until gorilla guy gets back with Golgon, then head to diner. If we have map of Slencville, consult that to find out where the diner is, if not ask mayor guy beforehand.
You do indeed have a map, though it's back in the car. Remember? I posted that? Mhm.

I'll give him a few more hours to say no before we drag him out.

Someone want to message him? If he fails to respond I'll let the messenger control his character.

I meant the junk store.
You join up with John as he haggles over the price of weapons and oddities.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 02, 2015, 01:18:00 pm »

- I have a total of ten of those coins. So you have no idea whatsoever what this orb does?

John puts seven more coins on the counter and looks impatiently on the orb. Simultaneously he starts loading clips of his brand new pistol with bullets, but he does that carefully and thus rather slow.

((EDIT: I'll be leaving on 5th and I won't be back till 17th. I need an exit strategy. Preferably the kind that would put me back on waitlist. I have one in mind, but I'll wait till the next turn.))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 02:05:28 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 02, 2015, 01:32:02 pm »

Hyenakles gives the people(?) the ol' disconcerted side eye (the timeless classic!), and shudders involuntarily. Hoisting his deer shank over his shoulder, he picks a seat in clear view of the door.

Grab a booth, order some sort of meat. Rare, of course. People(?)-watch

((I'm just waiting for someone to hopefully show up at the diner, so I'll try to avoid complicated actions that involve much rolling.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #306 on: July 03, 2015, 08:42:55 pm »

Hyenakles gives the people(?) the ol' disconcerted side eye (the timeless classic!), and shudders involuntarily. Hoisting his deer shank over his shoulder, he picks a seat in clear view of the door.

Grab a booth, order some sort of meat. Rare, of course. People(?)-watch

((I'm just waiting for someone to hopefully show up at the diner, so I'll try to avoid complicated actions that involve much rolling.))

You sit down at a booth and wait. The people stare at you, clearly quite happy to see you, but no one moves. You wait a good 5 minutes and they just keep standing there. Even the waitress and the cooks in back are all peeking out, dressed in their 50's style get ups, grinning from ear hole to ear hole, but making no move to come and take your order. This is mildly unsettling.

- I have a total of ten of those coins. So you have no idea whatsoever what this orb does?

John puts seven more coins on the counter and looks impatiently on the orb. Simultaneously he starts loading clips of his brand new pistol with bullets, but he does that carefully and thus rather slow.

((EDIT: I'll be leaving on 5th and I won't be back till 17th. I need an exit strategy. Preferably the kind that would put me back on waitlist. I have one in mind, but I'll wait till the next turn.))

((you can just let someone control you, if you want. ))

You carefully set the coins down on the counter one at a time, the metal clicking as you press it against the lacquered wood. The proprietor sweeps them over to herself and carefully inspects each one in a variety of ways.  As she checks them over, you open the tin box and look inside it. There are about 2 dozen or so rounds in the box; not tightly packed, just running around loose in the container. Each round has a shiny chrome bullet and an equally shiny silver casing which is very lightly engraved with the same fingerprint style design. You reach in and touch one of the bullets by the casing and instantly draw your hand back. The designs on the casing have a razor edge to them and touching them felt like touching a cluster of razor blades. You didn't cut yourself this time but  had you put any pressure on the thing, you would have.

The proprietor interrupts your shock and puzzlement by carefully placing the orb you had been eying on the desk. You can tell by her actions that it has a considerable heft to it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 03, 2015, 09:18:40 pm »

Silence means consent. Drag that monkey in there to let the Major do with as he sees fit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 03, 2015, 10:14:43 pm »

((Dammit me posting an action was a dream then))

Go check the map in the car and make my way to the diner.
Sig! Onol

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 03, 2015, 10:34:16 pm »

Hyenakles clears his throat, and looks at the waiter. And then clears his throat again.

"Hey, waiter? Somebody? I'd like to make an order."

Order that steak. If nobody comes to me, go to them. Shake my deer shank at them if I have to.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 04, 2015, 03:29:06 am »

((Alright. While I'll be gone, I will trust my character to Irony and/or Xan, whoever is available when it's time to post action. Please don't kill my char and don't take his stuff while he's alive. Behave, don't waste bullets on strangers, don't break the orb - that might be dangerous, DON'T LOSE THE GODDAMN GUN AND CLIPS THEY'RE MY PRECIOUSssss.))

Oh, for the love of... How am I supposed to load these?

John puts on his leathery gloves - better to keep those on, as he was just harshly reminded. Hopefully he'll manage to load at least some cartridges before they cut through fingertips.

He keeps staring at the orb for a second, just standing there. Then he takes off one of his gloves and reaches for the orb with an ungloved hand, carefully touching it. If something notable happens that instance, take a mental note of that. If nothing of note happens after that, he puts the glove back on and starts loading bullets again, now with gloves on, trying to hold cartridges by the bullet rather than the case, if possible. Check if there are any markings on the bottom of cartridges.

These things done, John carefully takes the cartridge box, still in gloves (doesn't really matter if it is empty after loading bullets or not, that'll be handy later for putting a fire on) and puts it in his backpocket, maybe crumpling it a bit. He tucks the gun in his belt, ensuring it sits there tight, gets the orb and walks out the door, heading to the Town Hall, to consult with Xankarvo about this orb. While walking there, he keeps watching at it in his hands.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:40:40 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #311 on: July 04, 2015, 02:58:38 pm »

Silence means consent. Drag that monkey in there to let the Major do with as he sees fit.
You drag the gorilla back to the city hall and present his floppy arm to the mayor.

"Oh my," The mayor says, clearly quite alarmed by the injury, "I believe we can fix this."

(Ok, magilla here is spending more time then not brain dead. Votes to kick him out of the car and open up room for both our new and hopefully more active players?)

((Dammit me posting an action was a dream then))

Go check the map in the car and make my way to the diner.

You make your way back towards the car but don't bother to stop at it since the diner is literally right there at the end of the street and you can see it from here. You walk into the diner, pushing your way through the double glass doors and into the pristine white tile, chrome and linoleum interior. Every single person in the place turns in unison to look at you. Thats a bit off putting.  You do notice, however, what appears to be a large hyena man sitting in one of the booths. He, at least, is looking at you with mild confusion and curiosity rather then the strange glee of the town's normal citizens.

Hyenakles clears his throat, and looks at the waiter. And then clears his throat again.

"Hey, waiter? Somebody? I'd like to make an order."

Order that steak. If nobody comes to me, go to them. Shake my deer shank at them if I have to.
You manage to get one of the waitresses' attention via waving of shanks and shouting but when you put in an order for steak she seems a bit perplexed. But she nods and heads off into the back, whispering things to the cooks.

((Alright. While I'll be gone, I will trust my character to Irony and/or Xan, whoever is available when it's time to post action. Please don't kill my char and don't take his stuff while he's alive. Behave, don't waste bullets on strangers, don't break the orb - that might be dangerous, DON'T LOSE THE GODDAMN GUN AND CLIPS THEY'RE MY PRECIOUSssss.))

Oh, for the love of... How am I supposed to load these?

John puts on his leathery gloves - better to keep those on, as he was just harshly reminded. Hopefully he'll manage to load at least some cartridges before they cut through fingertips.

He keeps staring at the orb for a second, just standing there. Then he takes off one of his gloves and reaches for the orb with an ungloved hand, carefully touching it. If something notable happens that instance, take a mental note of that. If nothing of note happens after that, he puts the glove back on and starts loading bullets again, now with gloves on, trying to hold cartridges by the bullet rather than the case, if possible. Check if there are any markings on the bottom of cartridges.

These things done, John carefully takes the cartridge box, still in gloves (doesn't really matter if it is empty after loading bullets or not, that'll be handy later for putting a fire on) and puts it in his backpocket, maybe crumpling it a bit. He tucks the gun in his belt, ensuring it sits there tight, gets the orb and walks out the door, heading to the Town Hall, to consult with Xankarvo about this orb. While walking there, he keeps watching at it in his hands.

Just as well, not sure how they would react to your blood anyways.

You carefully load nine rounds into the magazine and slip it back into the gun. The gun itself only has one magazine, the one it had in it, and there are no extras. You've got a box of 28 rounds, a magazine that holds 9 rounds, and nothing else. The cartridges are unlabeled, no make or model or numbers stamped anywhere, including the ends. You ain't got no clips, and clips ain't even what you load in a pistol.

The orb has a definite heaviness to it, and it makes your hand and arm tingle. Beyond that however, there are no obvious effects.

You put the orb back down. You stick the TIN (ie a metal, hard to crumple) box into your bag, tuck the gun into your belt,  and take the orb in one hand before walking out of the shop. You see Xan walking across the street toward the diner as you step out and follow him, idly testing the weight of the orb by flexing your arm and lifting it a bit. It feels like it weighs a good 20 pounds or so, despite not being much bigger then a billiard ball. The odd hexagonal rods protruding out of it feel a tiny bit loose, as though they're just stuck into the ball, not part of it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 04, 2015, 03:10:00 pm »

((Damn, there were so many discrepancies in my action. Must've been hard to see what I really mean behind all that gibberish. But everything turned out fine!))

John tries to push one hexagonal rod into the sphere, if that does nothing, he tries to pull it out, all on his way to the diner. Once in there, he speaks to Xan:

- Hey there! Xankarvo, is it? How'd it go in the Town Hall? Why is everyone acting funny?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:11:57 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 04, 2015, 03:32:11 pm »

Hiding the leg beneath his table, but not out of reach, Hyenakles attempts to look relatively at ease. He grips it with his right paw, taking some comfort in it. Relaxing a bit, he waves the other arm at the two newcomers.

Calm. Remain calm. These are the first normal people, or at least believably abnormal people, you've seen all day. Don't blow this.

Wait for that steak, hope these relatively less creepy people sit near me. Remain alert, in case anything weird happens.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 04, 2015, 05:10:37 pm »

Oh, car person. The inhabitants of this town apparently aren't real people, and I'm actually not being racist. They're something called Hellborn.

Xankarvo walks up to the diner counter.

Do you have any supplies of alcohol or gasoline I could appropriate from you? Also lighters or sources of flame if any are available.

Conversationslize! Ignore the hyena dude for now, I'll talk when I get my stuff.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 241