Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331078 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #570 on: August 16, 2015, 04:10:17 am »

"That sounds very interesting. If it weren't extremely fatal I'd like to go there.

Oh, you need gas to live. You never mentioned that. Is that why you blew up a bunch of our water?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #571 on: August 16, 2015, 10:18:42 am »

Continue to observe the creatures from a safe distance for a while.
You watch the critters from a distance. They wander around and behave in what you would consider to be a mostly human  fashion. There appear to be what might be rats or other small creatures inhabiting the area but the bigger creatures pay them no mind. You don't see anything that would declare these creatures to be hostile. No heads on pikes, at the very least.

Instead of having a cigarette, I'll just stand around. Maybe think about what sort of person this particular hell was made for.
You haven't a fucking clue. Normally You'd suppose there would be some sort of logic to these sorts of things. Poetic irony. But you can't think of a sin which this would warrant.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 16, 2015, 12:31:10 pm »

Again stand around doing nothing. Actually maybe start brainstorming ways to get my arm back. Or maybe how to make an arm out of fire, that'd be cool.

Don't actually act on these ideas.
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 16, 2015, 01:31:10 pm »

Oh, you need gas to live. You never mentioned that. Is that why you blew up a bunch of our water?[/glow]

- Apparently, my powers allow me to turn the aquatic component of any liquid into gasoline. Other components, however, are unaffected. Whatever this stuff that was raining upon us, must've got into the bottle and interfered with either process of transformation or the finished product, resulting in explosion. I believe that's what happened.

Man, I wish it was that rather what it actually is.

Since nobody got that tube I asked about, go up to the hood, open it, and locate the fuel pump. There must be some sort of tube or pipe leading to it. Look for it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 02:08:09 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 16, 2015, 01:33:39 pm »

"...then be more carful when doing it. Wear a sack or something so no mixtures happen."
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 16, 2015, 01:48:37 pm »

Since we aren't using the jeep, are there some fuzzy dice or something I can snag from it as a souvenir? If so, snag them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 16, 2015, 02:28:58 pm »

Approach the things, attempt to engage them in conversation from a distance.

"Hey-ho, gents! Car broke down a ways back. Would you, by chance, have a place for me to stay the night?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #577 on: August 17, 2015, 11:39:08 am »

Again stand around doing nothing. Actually maybe start brainstorming ways to get my arm back. Or maybe how to make an arm out of fire, that'd be cool.

Don't actually act on these ideas.

Hmm. Well you'd need to find something to either replace the arm or to heal it. Those bones ain't coming back on their own. The easiest would probably be to find some kind of prosthetic and just get this one removed. Maybe find something with a bit of power to it? Hm.

Oh, you need gas to live. You never mentioned that. Is that why you blew up a bunch of our water?[/glow]

- Apparently, my powers allow me to turn the aquatic component of any liquid into gasoline. Other components, however, are unaffected. Whatever this stuff that was raining upon us, must've got into the bottle and interfered with either process of transformation or the finished product, resulting in explosion. I believe that's what happened.

Man, I wish it was that rather what it actually is.

Since nobody got that tube I asked about, go up to the hood, open it, and locate the fuel pump. There must be some sort of tube or pipe leading to it. Look for it.
[2]
You stare at the engine for a good half hour but can't find a goddamn thing. It's really quite impressive.

Since we aren't using the jeep, are there some fuzzy dice or something I can snag from it as a souvenir? If so, snag them.
Well, there's no fuzzy dice, but there is a little segmented worm thing with a human mouth that is hanging from the rear view mirror. You remember that it talked a few times, so you're not entirely sure what it is...you grab it anyways.

Approach the things, attempt to engage them in conversation from a distance.

"Hey-ho, gents! Car broke down a ways back. Would you, by chance, have a place for me to stay the night?"

You stand up and walk slowly towards the structures with your hands raised, shouting in your friendliest tone. Eventually, a few of the beings on the outer edge of the settlement notice you. They don't respond, but they seem to be coming down to see you. 

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 17, 2015, 11:59:06 am »

Dammit. Where the hell do they put this thing.

See if I can get under the car safely. If so, try to track the pipes from the gas tank.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 17, 2015, 12:27:21 pm »

Check to see if the mouth worm talks again.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 17, 2015, 12:31:00 pm »

"Easy fellas. Can you talk? I'm not going to hurt you."

As they approach, look them over. Have my deer shank at the ready, just in case.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 17, 2015, 03:46:55 pm »

Back away from the car just in case John blows up the car or some shit.

Hmm. Do we have any spare containers that aren't holding anything at the moment? What are they made of?
Sig! Onol

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 17, 2015, 04:32:16 pm »

Waitlist. Sheet comes later as I'm trying to catch up.
Re: You are the evo ape.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 17, 2015, 04:53:09 pm »

From somewhere reasonably high up on the carved-out village a silhouette approaches. Looks like giant predatory bird, or maybe some kind of tiny feathered dragon?

Fly closer and land not far from this new hyena-like visitor. Cycle through dialects until I get this:

"Good afternoon, fine fellow! What might you be looking for in this here equally fine town?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 17, 2015, 06:56:22 pm »

Flamengo John, living mannequin in a garish pink outfit, walks up to Hyena man while snapping his fingers to some unheard beat.

"Yo, baby! What brings you to this dreadful piece of hell?"
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 241