Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 330986 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #855 on: September 02, 2015, 09:51:01 am »

"You can have a nibble, but that's it."

Offer Mr. Bird a bite, but no more. Brood.

"Nibbles aren't quite how I eat, good sir. Don't have teeth, you see. I'm more of a 'gobble it all down and let the old digestive tract sort it all out' kind of bird. Half a bone, perhaps? You don't even need to break it - I'm an ossifrage, savvy?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #856 on: September 02, 2015, 10:20:53 am »

Leave all the available vessels (jerry can and a few bottles, I believe) open under skies. Hope for some flammable rain. Continue relaxing and falling asleep occasionally.

((Our wiki page seems to have up-to-date info on our assets now. If not, go on and correct it.))
Just leaving them open, no rain collection system? Alright, we can do that. Won't get you much but it's better than nothing.

((Bird ain't getting my swagass armtorch))

Sleep the booze off with the swiftness of a thousand frat boys. That is, quickly.
We'll get there. That was basically moonshine you chugged.

"Bones! Bones for the poor! It's like they say, if you've got bones on hand, you probably don't need them!"

Continue asking for bones while presumably keeping watch. Birds don't sleep much, right? Maybe see if there's any bones lying around on the steppe. Surely there can't be such a well-maintained grassland without something grazing and dying in it, right?
You fly off in search of food, while trying not to get very far from the jeep. Just a quick look around.  It's hard to do in the dark.
[1]
In fact, it's so hard to do that you get completely lost.

Have some food and drink.
Booooze and berries!

"Grar GRAR grar grar grar"
fall asleep after eating a fish

Fish eaten

"You can have a nibble, but that's it."

Offer Mr. Bird a bite, but no more. Brood.

"Nibbles aren't quite how I eat, good sir. Don't have teeth, you see. I'm more of a 'gobble it all down and let the old digestive tract sort it all out' kind of bird. Half a bone, perhaps? You don't even need to break it - I'm an ossifrage, savvy?"

Spoiler: Savvy (click to show/hide)

So basically everyone has eaten and either fallen asleep or done whatever it is they feel like doing for the evening. Except mr.bird who as accidentally gotten himself lost.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 02, 2015, 10:37:48 am »

Fly a bit higher, see if I can spot the jeep from afar. Just keep on searching.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 02, 2015, 03:43:41 pm »

- You people have any idea on how to collect rain? - John mumbles through his sleep.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 02, 2015, 04:03:26 pm »

Am I sleeping now? If so, sleep lightly. If not, listen to the surroundings.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 02, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »

Hyenakles nudges John. And then kicks him ever so slightly.

"Hey, don't fall asleep quite yet. Or if you have, hurry up and wake up for a moment."

"Okay, you awake? Alright, this is important. We're in the middle of nowhere, in an open-top jeep without any fuel. Somebody needs to keep guard, preferably with that gun of yours. Definitely with that gun of yours. Xankarvo's only got the one good arm, and Flamengo John, well, is himself; the yellow guy is probably not to be trusted with firearms, seeing as how we tried to abandon him a ways back, and I don't know that the birds have the requisite appendages or intellect for the job. That leaves you and me. I'll keep first watch, and we can switch off after a few hours. Sound fair?"

Planning

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 02, 2015, 04:54:30 pm »

- Fair enough. Thanks for taking first shift man. I gotta get some sleep after all this driving today and before all that driving tomorrow. Gotta make gas out of all remaining water in the morning. I'll have gun right here, if you need it - grab it right off me. Will wake me up as well. Hope you won't need it though. If you happen to have any ideas how to gather more flammable rain, feel free to apply them.

Wake me up when my shift will start.

Sleep, then take morning shift.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 02, 2015, 04:55:53 pm »

In that case, sleep the sweet sleep of the flame overlord.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 02, 2015, 05:52:23 pm »

I am a mannequin, so I'm not sure if I need sleep. If I do, sleep some. If I don't, just kick back and relax, help to keep watch.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #864 on: September 03, 2015, 01:39:47 pm »

Fly a bit higher, see if I can spot the jeep from afar. Just keep on searching.

You fly higher. This doesn't really seem to help with the fact that it is dark.

I am a mannequin, so I'm not sure if I need sleep. If I do, sleep some. If I don't, just kick back and relax, help to keep watch.
Hyenakles nudges John. And then kicks him ever so slightly.

"Hey, don't fall asleep quite yet. Or if you have, hurry up and wake up for a moment."

"Okay, you awake? Alright, this is important. We're in the middle of nowhere, in an open-top jeep without any fuel. Somebody needs to keep guard, preferably with that gun of yours. Definitely with that gun of yours. Xankarvo's only got the one good arm, and Flamengo John, well, is himself; the yellow guy is probably not to be trusted with firearms, seeing as how we tried to abandon him a ways back, and I don't know that the birds have the requisite appendages or intellect for the job. That leaves you and me. I'll keep first watch, and we can switch off after a few hours. Sound fair?"

Planning

You two are awake, for your own individual reasons, when something happens later that night. Something is moving out in the dark, something big but somewhat distant. You can hear it, walking along with very long steps. They sound like boulders falling in the distance and the ground vibrates with each one. You can't tell exactly where the thing is, but it seems to be moving in roughly this direction. 

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 03, 2015, 01:45:24 pm »

((Can you roll for John to wake up on his own from those loud steps?))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:04:41 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 03, 2015, 02:49:05 pm »

Keep looking! Must locate either bones or traveling schmuck band. Bones of traveling schmuck band are starting to sound okay also.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 03, 2015, 02:54:16 pm »

Dream of white pellets and cherries. Unless the noise wakes me up, at which point prepare spike for stabbing.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 03, 2015, 04:55:12 pm »

Hyenakles grabs John's gun, and frantically checks to see that it's loaded. As he pops open his door, he turns to Flamengo John.

"I should be right back, go ahead and wake them up and get ready to run. We need somewhere to hide, somewhere that isn't the jeep. Let's try not to die."

Take John's gun and the deer leg, and find shelter; it can be a ditch, an overhang, anything we could reasonably cower in or behind. Unless it's gonna get me killed, proceed to run back to the jeep, to get the others, before I duck and cover.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 03, 2015, 06:14:12 pm »

Wake up from booze coma?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 241