Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331253 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #930 on: September 16, 2015, 12:57:46 pm »

I don't need sleep, baby! If mister bird manages to lower some rope or something, climb on up. If he doesn't, just stand watch.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 16, 2015, 03:37:46 pm »

We should follow the prints this thing left in the morning.

Sleep! Claim the comfiest spot.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 16, 2015, 03:45:18 pm »

Keep sleeping.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 16, 2015, 04:03:25 pm »

Spend the remainder of my watch hunting for small-to-medium prey in our immediate surroundings. Then switch off with John, and get some sleep.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 16, 2015, 04:11:01 pm »

sleeep glorious sleep
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #935 on: September 17, 2015, 09:54:39 am »

Spend the remainder of my watch hunting for small-to-medium prey in our immediate surroundings. Then switch off with John, and get some sleep.

You wanna get lost in the dark too?

Ah well we'll say you find one of those monkey things and kill it before going to bed.

While the others sleepy-sleep, see if I can find some fine rope to lower down for my compatriots, or even better - a ladder!
I don't need sleep, baby! If mister bird manages to lower some rope or something, climb on up. If he doesn't, just stand watch.

You manage to a rope lander, but it's not long enough to reach the ground on its own. So you gather together enough rope, cloth and other scraps to create a cord that, when tied off to various platforms or bits of armor, will allow someone to climb up to the upper platforms. It gets a bit trick in near the middle where you need to sidle across the upper lip of a metal plate to reach the ladder, but it's far better then climbing unassisted.

And everyone else sleeps. At this point we'll say we skip ahead till morning and you all wake up.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 17, 2015, 10:42:40 am »

"Okay then. Where are we heading to? I say we go wherever this thing came from so we can restock on food. And maybe get an arm for me if they have prosthetics.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 17, 2015, 11:14:02 am »

"Okay then. Where are we heading to? I say we go wherever this thing came from so we can restock on food. And maybe get an arm for me if they have prosthetics.
- Do you really want to go where the giant warbeast came from with numerous open stab wounds and lots of dead people on it? Anyway, lemme just try and climb on top - this thing is tall enough to get a good view from. I'll see the trail it left, most likely.

After Pancaek makes his way up, climb to the platforms on the beast using rope. Jerk it a little to see if it's secure, then go for it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:36:31 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 17, 2015, 12:09:02 pm »

Climb on if I haven't already, make sure to not climb up if someone is already on the rope though. Peruse the dead people for some fancy new clothes, maybe even a hat. Also take inventory of weapons and other useful stuff the dead have.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:27:05 pm by Pancaek »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 17, 2015, 12:11:12 pm »

Climb on if I haven't already. Peruse the dead people for some fancy new clothes, maybe even a hat. Also take inventory of weapons and other useful stuff the dead have.

- Get in line! This rope won't hold two.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 17, 2015, 12:16:24 pm »

- Get in line! This rope won't hold two.
"Speak for yourself, baby! I spent quite some time during the night with mister bird to make this rope, I think I get to go first!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 17, 2015, 12:17:40 pm »

"Now, let me ask you a question, good sir. Which place do you think this creature came from first - its pseudonatural environment with giant avocadoes the like of which could feed us for a good century, or the place where it got shot up with intimidatingly enormous weapons?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 17, 2015, 12:35:27 pm »

"Speak for yourself, baby! I spent quite some time during the night with mister bird to make this rope, I think I get to go first!"

- Well, okay, I guess you have your right. Just leave me some sort of wearable clothes. I'm not exactly happy to wander around half-naked.
Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 17, 2015, 12:40:12 pm »

- Well, okay, I guess you have your right. Just leave me some sort of wearable clothes. I'm not exactly happy to wander around half-naked.
"Don't worry baby! I just need some new clothes once in a while. I can't wear two outfits at once, you know!"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 17, 2015, 01:22:24 pm »

Watch the others climb to see the best way to do it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 241