Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 331386 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #975 on: September 21, 2015, 01:35:48 am »

awaken and waddle onto beast or if unable to then just follow as best I can
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #976 on: September 21, 2015, 10:11:59 am »

Your hands keep sliding off the smooth metal shaft.
Try some nearby arrow instead.

((On a side note, I updated the page on ERWiki - added links to pretty much all posts describing Warbeast and updated inventories.))
[5]
You walk over to the nearest arrow, which is only barely visible through the black fur, and yank it out. The wound bleeds a bit of thick, very dark reddish fluid, but it stops quickly. The creature doesn't react at all.

Butcher the carcass, using the knife this time.

((I probably should have explicitly stated that I wanted to use the knife the first time.))
[4]
You butcher the corpse. Not the best job you've ever done, but adequate.

Inspect our new transportation method for any flame-based or flame-emitting loot.
Nope. None of that here as far as you can see.

Take the box of ammo with me and grab one of the guns as well. Then go to a higher platform so I can have a good view. Enjoy said view.
Do you have pockets, mannequin man? Oh well never mind. You can carry the bullets in your hands if you need to.

You strap the rifle- which is quite long, something like a Lee Enfield .303 but with an extended barrel so that the thing is about 3 feet long all together -to your back and walk out of the stout building on the creature's shoulders. You cross the platform and climb up a rope ladder with wooden rods for rungs up to the head platform. You walk out over to the driver's chair and take a good look across the countryside.  Directly in front of you are the mountains. To the front-right is the way you came in the jeep, to the front left is the way you were headed, circling round the mountains towards the...mistakes? Imperfects? Whatever they were. Behind is a massive plain, presumably it's where this critter came from.  Theres a heavy fog and cloud cover off in that direction. Dark, faintly yellow clouds crawl slowly across the dead grass and obscure your view of the distance.

Test out how soft the bed is.
It's pretty soft. Not a luxury bed or anything, but it's not straw in a burlap sack.

Perch in an inconspicuous location and do that single-hemisphere sleeping while the other hemisphere remains alert that birds can totally do.
I know that Flamingos do it. Thats why they stand on one foot. That half of their body is asleep. Which is weird.

Anyways, half nap it is.

awaken and waddle onto beast or if unable to then just follow as best I can

Hmm...

Can penguins climb with their flippers? I'm not sure. Might have to rig up some sort of bucket on a rope system to get you up.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 21, 2015, 10:39:49 am »

Sense the bleeding of the creature and collect it in a spare container, if there are any. Never know when you need monster blood.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 21, 2015, 10:43:37 am »

- Neat. Hey people! It seems that it is safe to yank things out of this thing! Just pull them right off, don't wiggle them if they don't come out.
John looks down and addresses to those still on the ground:
- Good job on that prey, Hyenakles! That will keep us sustained for a while. Penguin dude, wanna go up? Hang in there for a moment, I'll make something for ya. Bring over the empty vessels from the jeep while I'm at it, ok?

Get a piece of cloth (we had some of that around, some spare banners, I believe) and tie the corners of it so I can lift things in it with the rope Mr.Bird and Flamengo made. Help penguin up.
See what's up with the water supply that we found on Warbeast - the food has clearly gone bad, but what about the water?
Go around the platforms and collect the special-looking weatherworn items. What are they? After having a look, roll them into some cloth and put them under the roof.
Finally, pick up engine spirit. How my own internal engine feels about it? Carrying engine spirit, get over to control seat and check out controls of the Warbeast. See if dead guy in the chair has anything valuable.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 21, 2015, 01:37:25 pm »

Take the engine spirit to the main control platform, set it in a few different places to see if it reacts. And if anybody tries to take the engine spirit, threaten to stab them with the spike. Or actually stab them if they don't back off.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:55:21 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 21, 2015, 01:52:45 pm »

I'm not sure, did the outfits on the beast have pockets? If not, use my old clothes to fashion myself a makeshift rucksack.

"Hey, baby! I can see clouds and mist behind us. Might be nothing, but it looks mighty ominous!"

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 21, 2015, 03:05:59 pm »

"Hey, is there anything up there we could wrap this meat in? Paper, cloth, anything?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 21, 2015, 03:15:14 pm »

"Hey, is there anything up there we could wrap this meat in? Paper, cloth, anything?"

- We do have cloth. We should probably roast it first though. Can you put up a fire?

"Hey, baby! I can see clouds and mist behind us. Might be nothing, but it looks mighty ominous!"

- Frankly, I don't feel like riding towards Failures at Warbeast - not exactly the manoeuvrable transport. We should probably hunt around, make a roundtrip on jeep for water and traverse the plains. We could trade the jeep for some goodies from lupine people before we journey on. In fact, we might try to trade a running jeep for a large supply of food and water and journey on right away. Yeah, I think that'll work. What do you think?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:24:28 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 21, 2015, 03:27:40 pm »

- Frankly, I don't feel like riding towards Failures at Warbeast - not exactly the manoeuvrable transport. We should probably hunt around, make a roundtrip on jeep for water and traverse the plains. We could trade the jeep for some goodies from lupine people before we journey on. In fact, we might try to trade a running jeep for a large supply of food and water and journey on right away. Yeah, I think that'll work. What do you think?
"I think that plan is seriosuly groovy, baby!"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 21, 2015, 03:40:06 pm »

((I just realized we don't need a bucket or something to get the penguin up. Just lower Tarmac down in a harness. Then he can tell the penguin to GET IN MAH BELLEH.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 21, 2015, 04:13:13 pm »

grumble grumble -humans- grumble grumble

Get to work making a fire, using the aforementioned lighter and any kindling/grass I can accumulate. Cook up the meat.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 21, 2015, 04:51:00 pm »

((I just realized we don't need a bucket or something to get the penguin up. Just lower Tarmac down in a harness. Then he can tell the penguin to GET IN MAH BELLEH.))
((That is some overcomplicating right there

Also, how does the new plan sounds, everyone?))
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 22, 2015, 02:11:30 am »

"... sounds... sensible," Mr. Bird slowly replies from his position, not all there at the moment.

Continue napping while the other yobs do their things.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 22, 2015, 03:02:51 am »

((That is some overcomplicating right there

Also, how does the new plan sounds, everyone?))
((You understand it was a joke, right? He'd be like Fat Bastard in Austin Powers. Because Tarmac is a fat bastard.))

"Getting supplies by giving them something we probably can't get much more use out of anyway? Sounds good. Who needs 4WD when you have ATW." Tarmac says after hearing snippets of the new plan from his spot in whatever building he is in.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #989 on: September 22, 2015, 10:09:49 am »

Sense the bleeding of the creature and collect it in a spare container, if there are any. Never know when you need monster blood.
You grab some of the monster blood in a glass jar. Might be useful, you never know.

- Neat. Hey people! It seems that it is safe to yank things out of this thing! Just pull them right off, don't wiggle them if they don't come out.
John looks down and addresses to those still on the ground:
- Good job on that prey, Hyenakles! That will keep us sustained for a while. Penguin dude, wanna go up? Hang in there for a moment, I'll make something for ya. Bring over the empty vessels from the jeep while I'm at it, ok?

Get a piece of cloth (we had some of that around, some spare banners, I believe) and tie the corners of it so I can lift things in it with the rope Mr.Bird and Flamengo made. Help penguin up.
See what's up with the water supply that we found on Warbeast - the food has clearly gone bad, but what about the water?
Go around the platforms and collect the special-looking weatherworn items. What are they? After having a look, roll them into some cloth and put them under the roof.
Finally, pick up engine spirit. How my own internal engine feels about it? Carrying engine spirit, get over to control seat and check out controls of the Warbeast. See if dead guy in the chair has anything valuable.

You hoist the penguin up and then go check on the water.  It's got a thin film of greenish stuff on it so you're gonna bet it's not safe to drink.

There are a variety of what look like unique items, but you're not sure if any of them have any worth. The corpse of the driver has unique regalia and armor, as well as what were once ornate weapons. There's scattered corpses with higher quality, or at least different from the standard stuff, gear or weapons. A few objects like pins or medallions, but none of it has that sort of incorruptibility that you find in truly powerful things.

Someone else has the engine spirit right now, so you'll have to get it from him. And he seems stabby.

Take the engine spirit to the main control platform, set it in a few different places to see if it reacts. And if anybody tries to take the engine spirit, threaten to stab them with the spike. Or actually stab them if they don't back off.
You set it around. No effect when it's on the platform floor, but when you rest it on one of the control ropes the creature suddenly starts shifting and groaning.

"Ugh. Psudeoflesh. I hate psudeoflesh." The engine spirit grumbles. "Repairing."

The warbeast bends lower and begins digging huge mounds of dirt and rock out of the ground and shoveling them into its mouth.

I'm not sure, did the outfits on the beast have pockets? If not, use my old clothes to fashion myself a makeshift rucksack.

No, they didn't. We'll assume you make that rucksack out of your clothing.

- We do have cloth. We should probably roast it first though. Can you put up a fire?

Remember, they're at the bottom of a gorge and travel by waterways. Jeep might not be too useful to them.  At least not as a whole. Maybe the engine. The parts.

grumble grumble -humans- grumble grumble

Get to work making a fire, using the aforementioned lighter and any kindling/grass I can accumulate. Cook up the meat.

The building with the beds actually has a metal firepit in the center with a central hole in the ceiling for the smoke. The hole is covered by a hatch right now, but you should be able to open it. You get the fire pit filled with grass and some of the twisted wood from the small trees around the area.

"... sounds... sensible," Mr. Bird slowly replies from his position, not all there at the moment.

Continue napping while the other yobs do their things.

NAP NAP NAP

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 241