Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 327485 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 12:28:36 am »

Name: Jerry
Soul: A Dandelion
Incarnation: A Black Hole (It Technically Fits in the Car) A Treant
What He's Good At: Learning Things Quickly
What He's Bad At: Not Dying Lying (Misdirection's Fine)
His Hopes: He wants power, so that he never has to be at the mercy of a guy with weed-killer again.
His Fears: Being Unable to Reincarnate Himself, Poison
What He Needs to Survive: Light, Water, and Soil (One Hour Per Day)
What's In His Pockets: What pockets? He has some money in his handbag, however.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:38:16 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 12:31:19 am »

Yawn, stand up, and toss "pinky" a cigarette on my way out. Light a cigarette for myself.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 12:39:59 am »

Get up and keep from dry heaving from the sight of the dead body. Then head outside and look around.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 12:49:38 am »

RESERVED
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 12:51:30 am »

Get up groggily and dust off my robes. Then cautiously explore the hotel in case there actually was anyone else there. I remember swearing something, to do a thing? Shit, shouldn't have had so much whatever the hell they serve.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 12:56:21 am »

Name: Jerry
Soul: A Dandelion
Incarnation: A Black Hole (It Technically Fits in the Car) A Treant Mage
What He's Good At: Controlling the Location and Form of His Reincarnation, Magic
What He's Bad At: Not Dying Lying (Misdirection's Fine)
His Hopes: Jerry doesn't really know what he wants yet.
His Fears: Being Unable to Reincarnate Himself
What He Needs to Survive: Light
What's In His Pockets: Jerry has a spellbook strapped to his back.
I want you to think real hard about the words you are saying to me right now.

As you do that I'm gonna sharpen an ax and look meaningfully from it, to you, and back to it.

Groan loudly and attempt to clamber to my feet.
You stand up, slip, flop, grunt and groan and eventually crawl off the tile and over to the carpet, where the goo presents less of a problem to standing. You get up and start trying to wipe yourself off against the nearest sofa.

Yawn, stand up, and toss "pinky" a cigarette on my way out. Light a cigarette for myself.
You grab and unlit cigarette from your pack and toss it over your shoulder at the doll as you walk out, lighting another for yourself. You wakka wakka into the lobby and look around at the sorry state of affairs while blowing smoke rings. You notice the dead Manager, blink and then take another hard drag on the cigarette, wondering what the law enforcement is around here, if anything.

Get up and keep from dry heaving from the sight of the dead body. Then head outside and look around.
You run outside, covering your mouth and nose to stop the acrid odor of insect juices from making you sick. How exactly a skeleton can be sick, you're not sure, but you certainly feel it.  Luckily for you, there's a pretty good sized parking lot and paved road to walk around on. The area around the motel appears to consist of great while sand dunes that are, on closer inspection, made of countless tiny eyeballs; which are of course looking back at you.  There's an indistinguishable smell, sort of a salty heat, on the air, with a faint tinge of burning rubber. It's still early morning, the burning fetus is low in the sky, but it's already hot as balls. Your bones feel chalky and warm.

Get up groggily and dust off my robes. Then cautiously explore the hotel in case there actually was anyone else there. I remember swearing something, to do a thing? Shit, shouldn't have had so much whatever the hell they serve.

You ignore the rest of the...people, or whatever the heck you wanna call them, and walk out into the parking lot. The motel is one of those cheap ass style people lockers, with two levels of rooms, accessed via doors that lead straight out into the parking lot. There are a couple other cars here, so there's probably other guests, though you don't see any around. 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 12:59:35 am »

Head for the closest person.

Hey! Entity. Don't remember your name. Whatever. Were you part of the pact I may or  may not have made last night with some other people?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 01:00:09 am »

Wipe off on the sofa. Stumble outside.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 01:00:19 am »

Name: Haast
Soul: Was king of all grizzly bears

Incarnation: Has now become a fire breathing emperor penguin. Still talks like a bear though.

What You're good at:
-Pecking people
-Using his flame-breath
-Catching fish

What you're bad at:
-Any form of complex fine manipulation, like keypads and automatic firearms

Your Hopes: To find and eat the ultimate fish.

Your Fears: A world without fish

What you need to survive:  Fish/seafood , preferably flame grilled. Can survive without fish for a week but then must gorge himself

What's in your pockets: A fish, specifically salmon
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2015, 01:06:54 am »

What did I do wrong?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2015, 01:14:17 am »

Get myself some hearty food and drink whilst examining the manager's possessions. Did he have a logbook or something I could snoop at?

What did I do wrong?
((At a guess?))

No you don't have a gun in your pocket, fuck you.
Jerry has a spellbook strapped to his back.
No, I don't care if you incarnated as a cop or a soldier or megatron, you don't have a fucking gun. Or a sword. Or a battle ax.
Or a grenade or a stick of dynamite or a vial of nanomachines or a power gauntlet or a green lantern ring or whatever other thing you're already thinking.
At best you have a pocket knife. Or maybe a claw hammer. Or an ice pick. Or something like that. Probably shouldn't have any weapons.
Don't fuck with me here, or I'll nail your hand to your knee.

((Well, that and one vague skill and one attempt to game the system skill, no goal, and a possibly exploity need.

You're fucked, is basically what I'm saying here.))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:16:26 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2015, 01:14:29 am »

"...I'm not staying around long enough to get put into whatever passes for a jail around here. That means I need to search the poor bastard in there...damnit."

Cover my mouth, then realize I'm a skeleton. Don't have to worry about puking. Still don't feel good though. Go back inside, put on the gloves, and search the manager for keys, or anything useful.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:25:33 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2015, 01:16:18 am »

What did I do wrong?
((Well, you listed you character's specialty as being good at choosing where to reincarnate.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2015, 01:19:11 am »

"Nope, I was never here."

Wakka wakka my yellow ass outside to enjoy my cigarette.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2015, 01:26:16 am »

pee tee dubs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 241