Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 330739 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2015, 01:45:41 am »

RESERVED
Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

Post done.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2015, 03:35:41 am »

Curse them timezones, I always miss the interesting things.

Spoiler: Spare character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:32:04 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2015, 04:11:11 am »

Sheet in progress. done!

Spoiler: Sheet Done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:18:08 am by Harry Baldman »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2015, 08:12:19 am »

((Wait, piecewise? You have got to be kidding me.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2015, 08:38:16 am »

Pee Tee Dubs!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2015, 10:10:31 am »

Name: Flamengo John
Soul: John was just a party animal, a man who really really loved to party. No nightclub was safe from him on friday night, baby.
Incarnation:A fully articulate mannequin. Male model, plain wood. 
What You're good at: Dancing
What you're bad at: Being sneaky. It's all about being seen, baby!
Your Hopes: My own personal heaven is a never ending party.
Your Fears: Being unable to move.
What you need to survive: A new set of clothes every so often. Being seen in the same outfit too many times isn't good for you spiritual health, baby!
What's in your pockets: Aviator sunglasses, pack of cigs, swirly straw.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2015, 10:29:52 am »

What did I do wrong?
The tree part is fine. The metagame skill of becoming immortal via controlled reincarnation is not. The need that isn't a need is not. The inventory of a spellbook is...well technically ok because I've got a couple grimories myself and none of them work so there's no reason this one would. The skill of "Magic" is ok too, because I'll assume you mean rabbit out of a hat and card tricks rather then phenomenal cosmic power.

It's power level problems, generally.

Head for the closest person.

Hey! Entity. Don't remember your name. Whatever. Were you part of the pact I may or  may not have made last night with some other people?
The nearest person to you is a mismatched skeleton man hanging out in the parking lot. You go over and tap him on the shoulder before asking him your question.

Wipe off on the sofa. Stumble outside.
You get most of the goo out of your fur and walk out into the parking lot. There's a guy in a robe talking to a skeleton out here, and the light of the distant burning infant hurts your eyes. Over toward your left, one of the hotel room doors, one on the second level, is opening up.

Get myself some hearty food and drink whilst examining the manager's possessions. Did he have a logbook or something I could snoop at?
You grab a bottle of orange juice -or what you're pretty sure is orange juice -and a bunch of cheap bagels from the continental breakfast nook and chew on one while lifting the manager's corpse up onto the counter top and rifling through his pockets. There's a sign in book here on the counter, some money in his vest pocket, in the form of a bunch of red, green and purple coins, and a set of car keys hanging on one of his little legs inside the vest. You take the coins and the keys before chugging the remaining OJ and finishing your 4th bagel.

"...I'm not staying around long enough to get put into whatever passes for a jail around here. That means I need to search the poor bastard in there...damnit."

Cover my mouth, then realize I'm a skeleton. Don't have to worry about puking. Still don't feel good though. Go back inside, put on the gloves, and search the manager for keys, or anything useful.
You stop worrying about losing a lunch you never ate, and instead try to head back inside. As you turn around though, a man in a track suit cuts you off and starts talking to you.

"Nope, I was never here."

Wakka wakka my yellow ass outside to enjoy my cigarette.

I imagine you walk out like this, but with a cigarette

You stand around and smoke while watching the other guys talk. There's a big gorrilla guy standing 10-15 feet away watching them talk as well. You wonder, vaguely, what you're gonna do today.

((Wait, piecewise? You have got to be kidding me.))
Do I? Why do I?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2015, 11:00:46 am »

"So that wasn't a alcoholic fever dream? Yeah, I guess I am. Names Shawn by the way. I'm guessing all of us out here were part of that. I say we get the keys to the Jeep and get out of here before someone calls the local law enforcement, whatever that may be."

If people start loading up into the Jeep, get in with them. Otherwise, keep looking around.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2015, 11:01:42 am »

Looks like the spidermoon set.

Locate car, also this would be a great time to randomly vomit rainbows. Did I mention it's rather painful?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2015, 11:03:51 am »

"Roooooooaaaaaaaad triiiiiiiiiiiiiip!"

See if I can find which car these keys belong to. If so, place everyone into it and let's roll!

Actually, see if I can find a map first. Or anything that might tell me where we're going, really.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2015, 11:42:09 am »

((Waitlist. Will add sheet tomozza.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2015, 11:50:57 am »

((... you.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2015, 12:02:45 pm »

Waitlist, now with character!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:25:11 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2015, 12:15:48 pm »

"So that wasn't a alcoholic fever dream? Yeah, I guess I am. Names Shawn by the way. I'm guessing all of us out here were part of that. I say we get the keys to the Jeep and get out of here before someone calls the local law enforcement, whatever that may be."

If people start loading up into the Jeep, get in with them. Otherwise, keep looking around.
Xankarvo, also called the Grand. Suppose that isn't relevant right now though.

He idly stares out at the fields of eyeballs for a moment.

Well, a pact was made to find the first something or other - god or afterlife or something - might as well get to it.

Walk around the hotel and inform any people I encounter to gather whatever they want and then get in the jeep, I wanna get mah ultimate power sooner rather than later.

Oh, and look for anything that might be useful for a road trip while I'm at it - any bags, spare shoes, pointy things, food, etc. Stash in some of the many pockets in my robes and tracksuit.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2015, 12:32:35 pm »

Ah. I'm changing my sheet now.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 241