Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 330249 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2015, 09:29:47 am »

....hmm. Roll around and see if I can get an arm attached to tge base of my skull. Work on putting myself back together, bigger and scarier.
[2]
You wiggle your mandible around a bit but can't manage to do anything. Hmm. This is increasingly looking like it was a poor idea.

Ken vaults into the drivers seat and hits the gas, swerving the car around and driving towards the road.
[6]
You jump out of your seat, swing on the roll cage and slam down into the driver's seat with a heavy thud. You shift the car into reverse and stomp on the gas. The wheels spin, spraying a shredded goo of eyeball juice and bits before they finally get traction. You reverse across the field, aiming for the exit. One of the Bone thieves, a long limbed and skinny gray humanoid with three arms and a sunken  hole for a face, catches hold of the roll cage and pulls itself on. It clings to the driver side of the jeep, 10 feet tall and heavy enough to cause the vehicle to list dangerously to one side. You ignore it for the moment and manage to get the jeep back onto the "Historic" route, where the tires gain even more traction. 

No one gives a fuck, maggot, either shut up or help me find a source of fire.

While looking for anything I could use to set things that aren't myself on fire (don't include any parts of people near me, the jeep, any parts of the jeep, etc. Only things inside the jeep that aren't my travelling companions or myself), get my pen out of my pocket and hold it threateningly.
You don't see anything in the area that looks terribly flammable. You know the Round yellow guy has a lighter but he's hiding it somewhere you can't see it! You whip out your pen and jab it threateningly toward the Bone Thief, all the while backing up to be on the other side of the car.

Drive-by shanking? Drive-by shanking. Let go of the syringe if it gets stuck, wouldn't want to fall out of the Jeep.
[2]
You squeeze past the guy waving the pen and take a swing at the Bone Thief with your syringe. You completely wiff it. Hmm Gonna blame that on the motion of the car. Yeah, threw off your aim. Thats right.

The Bone Thief reaches out with its third arm, the one in the center of its chest, and grabs hold of Ken's left arm. The hand seems to pass through the flesh as though it weren't there, ghosting painlessly into the arm. A moment later it pulls both the radius and Ulna out in the same way; they're perfectly clean and the entire action hasn't even broken the skin. The act of removing it might not have been painful, but the arm collapsing into a fleshy, useless sausage is. Ken screeches and loses control of the jeep, cutting off the road and into the dunes. 

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:15:01 am by piecewise »

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2015, 10:46:50 am »

PTW
Also,
It's a desert with tiny eyeballs instead of grains of sand, with a burning, eyeless baby vomiting flaming pitch onto the distant horizon instead of a sun.
10/10 would live in.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2015, 10:59:25 am »

((Only seven pages in and this is already the most marvelous thing. Glad to have voted on it!))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2015, 11:18:59 am »

Put me on the waitlist.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2015, 11:51:21 am »

Ken begins punching its skull repeatedly.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 12:01:35 pm by Kevak »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2015, 11:57:34 am »

Ken begins punching its skull repeatedly.
1. Bold your actions
2. You're driving with one hand. Punching implies removing that hand. Just saying.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2015, 12:02:36 pm »

Wheels don't immediately spin randomly if let go of. Even if they did, there is nothing to smash into.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2015, 12:33:04 pm »

Wheels don't immediately spin randomly if let go of. Even if they did, there is nothing to smash into.
Just sayin. And there are lots of dunes out here for you to ramp off of, duke boys style.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2015, 12:54:07 pm »

((You could just start thwapping him repeatedly with your floppy meat appendage.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2015, 01:01:49 pm »

((You could just start thwapping him repeatedly with your floppy meat appendage.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2015, 01:04:59 pm »

Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2015, 01:15:08 pm »

Patiently wait to become Plot-Relevant. Maybe hum a little tune.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2015, 01:28:27 pm »

((Heh, he took your bone and left you floppy.))

Shank the Bone Thief. Shank him good. Or blow smoke rings in his face to try and make him let go. Also, let Xan borrow lighter.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 02:47:53 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2015, 02:05:29 pm »

Fucking - yellow round guy! Give me your lighter!

Attempt to obtain lighter from pac-man. Once obtained, use my skill at lighting stuff on fire to light the bone stealer on fire.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2015, 02:06:43 pm »

"I didn't hear a fucking please. Get your own."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 241