Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 327471 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2015, 12:51:04 am »

"I am expecting these people to be starving cannibals. Lets be careful."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2015, 01:35:59 am »

People dislike me for some reason. I'll leave the talking to others.

Give lighter back to PAC-man, stay quiet.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2015, 01:41:41 am »

"I don't like this. Why the fuck are they so fucking cheery? Nobody's that happy around here."

Accept lighter. Keep shank concealed, watch the people.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2015, 03:54:31 am »

Now, you three I mentioned, if you had to be anywhere in a sleepy little town full of odd customs, odder flora, and even odder people, where would you go? We'll assume that you're not natives, just visitors having ended up there in some way. Maybe Recently incarnated. Maybe just hitch hiked. Your choice.

((Walking down the Main street, signalling for a ride with a cardboard sign that reads:

I NEED A RIDE
(to wherever)
I CAN MAKE GAS
(out of any liquid)
I CAN DRIVE
(if you want me to)

Either that, or hanging around the local used car market looking for something that will ride the longest distance before falling apart. I'm not sure if there is a used car market, hence two variants of starting location.))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:23:08 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2015, 09:29:39 am »

((There's three prospective new characters, and only 2 spots, right? So, these three will be fighting for their chance? Or, maybe they can just shank 1 dude in the car and all get a chance at glory by the magic of golly cooperation.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2015, 09:36:36 am »

((Let us just wait until our fellow Kevak here tries to receive whatever is local analogue of "medical attention". This should be fun. And bloody. Possibly lethal for one/both/all parties involved.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2015, 10:21:05 am »

You guys alright with how we're handling the maps by the way? I figured it might be neat to sort of piece together a road map using smaller maps found along the way, and to scribble things on them as we go.

Sort of a way to keep track of where we've been and whats happened.
I like it. Thematic and yeah, helps keep track of what's going on.

"Clearly these citizens are overjoyed to have new guests! And/or desire our succulent meats. Let us inquire as to which."

Pull over and engage a citizen in conversation.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2015, 11:23:01 am »

People dislike me for some reason. I'll leave the talking to others.

Give lighter back to PAC-man, stay quiet.
"I don't like this. Why the fuck are they so fucking cheery? Nobody's that happy around here."

Accept lighter. Keep shank concealed, watch the people.
You guys alright with how we're handling the maps by the way? I figured it might be neat to sort of piece together a road map using smaller maps found along the way, and to scribble things on them as we go.

Sort of a way to keep track of where we've been and whats happened.
I like it. Thematic and yeah, helps keep track of what's going on.

"Clearly these citizens are overjoyed to have new guests! And/or desire our succulent meats. Let us inquire as to which."

Pull over and engage a citizen in conversation.

You pull over at a house near Cinder Rd, where an older looking citizen is standing out in her yard. You notice, as you wave her over, that the citizens of this town are all fairly uniform in their appearance, which is nearly unheard of in the Infinite Heavens. Even the humans vary greatly in appearance, but these beings look largely identical.  They're humanoid, but all only about 5 or so feet tall, pale skinned, and black eyed, with strangely large mouths and long fingered hands that jitter about nervously.

The woman, for lack of a better term, walks over to the driver side door, holding her hands in front of her and looking around. She seems oddly starstruck and anxious. You start to speak but then close your mouth and feel a bit foolish because you realize you don't know what you want to talk about.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2015, 11:28:24 am »

"Greetings! Are you a resident of this town? Curious that you all look so similar! Are you nervous about something?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2015, 12:05:00 pm »

Name: Hans
Soul: In a different and arguably equally bizarre land Hans was the equivalent of a Nazi doctor. Performing horrible unethical experiments on unwilling test subjects. He was also a normal doctor with a medical license as well. He ended up dying after being impaled by a crystalline beast like the one you see now.
Incarnation: Hans is now an ever-changing crystal beast similar to the one that killed him. His usual form is a giant crystal with 4 unsymmetrical limbs stretching out from the main body in an X formation, although he can change it at will. His shape-shifting goes to the extent of growing new limbs, removing old limbs, changing the form of his central crystal, and transforming into an amorphous blob. No matter what form he chooses (except blob form) he is always covered in crystal spikes (the largest being 5 inches) that seem to have a mind of their own. He also has black liquid inside of him that seems to function as blood.
What You're good at: surgery, shapeshifting, swimming
What you're bad at: making harmless physical contact with someone, wearing clothes
Your Hopes: To one day create a cyborg or robot
Your Fears: Light, it burns!
What you need to survive: 4 hours of darkness and being submerged in a pool of water for a while (also exposed to darkness)
What's in your pockets: What pockets?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2015, 12:45:31 pm »

"Greetings! Are you a resident of this town? Curious that you all look so similar! Are you nervous about something?"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2015, 02:09:43 pm »

"Oh it's just" She looks about some more, "We so rarely get real people around here. It's a rare  and happy sight!" She seems to suddenly realize something "Oh! You should go talk to the Major! He'd explain it all to you, I'm sure."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2015, 03:28:25 pm »

"We so rarely get real people around here. It's a rare  and happy sight!"

((Is it just me, or does that imply that they are not real people?))
Sigs

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2015, 03:36:49 pm »

"We so rarely get real people around here. It's a rare  and happy sight!"

((Is it just me, or does that imply that they are not real people?))
((I was reading it as OTHER real people, but yes, that's a good point.

Also I'd wager an eyeball-crusted bagel that these are podlings from the giant tree.))

"Thank you, perhaps I will. Where might we find this good Major?

Speaking of which, madam, what can you tell me about those trees?"

Back up, hop out of the car, and examine one of those trees. It wouldn't happen to have little seedling bugs milling around under it or anything, would it?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2015, 04:39:59 pm »

"Follow this road till you get to Red Tree, and then turn right. It will be there on your right, plain as day."

"These trees were brought here by our Forefathers, who were Livingborn. They ate of them, or so they say. But I don't know the history well myself."

You nod and then back the car up a block or so and get away from the houses and buildings, out onto the outskirts of town. You park on the side of the road and hop out to examine one of the trees. They're odd things, very much similar to the trees you were used to in life, but more fibrous and oddly proportioned. They don't appear to have any bark either, just smooth, lumpy trunks and wide leaves. There are what look like fairly large fruits hanging from the branches, but no obviously out of place human seedpods or larval people.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 241