Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334349 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #315 on: July 04, 2015, 05:58:23 pm »

((Damn, there were so many discrepancies in my action. Must've been hard to see what I really mean behind all that gibberish. But everything turned out fine!))

John tries to push one hexagonal rod into the sphere, if that does nothing, he tries to pull it out, all on his way to the diner. Once in there, he speaks to Xan:

- Hey there! Xankarvo, is it? How'd it go in the Town Hall? Why is everyone acting funny?
You push on one of the rods, but it does nothing. So you pull on it instead. You feel it move a bit, but it seems like you'd have to pull pretty damn hard to get it out. And it's not like it's stuck or attached, it's just like you're pulling on something extremely heavy instead.

Hiding the leg beneath his table, but not out of reach, Hyenakles attempts to look relatively at ease. He grips it with his right paw, taking some comfort in it. Relaxing a bit, he waves the other arm at the two newcomers.

Calm. Remain calm. These are the first normal people, or at least believably abnormal people, you've seen all day. Don't blow this.

Wait for that steak, hope these relatively less creepy people sit near me. Remain alert, in case anything weird happens.
You tap the table with your hyena claws and wait, impatiently.

Oh, car person. The inhabitants of this town apparently aren't real people, and I'm actually not being racist. They're something called Hellborn.

Xankarvo walks up to the diner counter.

Do you have any supplies of alcohol or gasoline I could appropriate from you? Also lighters or sources of flame if any are available.

Conversationslize! Ignore the hyena dude for now, I'll talk when I get my stuff.
The first one to speak up is a cook.

"I've got some alcohol, but it's quite old. Does that matter?"

"We've got a canister of some kind of flammable liquid too!" a waitress interjects, "It's in the back, attached to one of the machines."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 04, 2015, 05:59:23 pm »

So long as it's flammable, I will happily take it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 04, 2015, 06:03:20 pm »

John sits by the empty table, putting an orb in front of him and examining it, and talks back at Xan.

- Got a lighter myself, but that's mine. Quite a lot of water is in the car, I'll make some of that into fuel. You can hop by the general store, they have matches. And the name's John.

Then he pushes the orb against the table with one hand and starts pulling out one of the rods with the other hand, putting considerable effort into it. If needed, push the orb against the floor, holding it with foot, and pull with both hands.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 04, 2015, 06:06:53 pm »

John, yes. I'll attempt to remember.
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #319 on: July 04, 2015, 06:53:00 pm »

So long as it's flammable, I will happily take it.
Both the Cook and the Waitress disappear for a bit but return with the promised goods. The cook's flamable substance takes the form of a cardboard box filled with about half a dozen bottles of alcohol, of varying kinds and varying levels of fullness. The Waitress rolls out what looks like a propane tank, but with a different type of nozzle on top. It's got a very obvious red flame sticker on it and bold text of "DANGER" Across the top.

John sits by the empty table, putting an orb in front of him and examining it, and talks back at Xan.

- Got a lighter myself, but that's mine. Quite a lot of water is in the car, I'll make some of that into fuel. You can hop by the general store, they have matches. And the name's John.

Then he pushes the orb against the table with one hand and starts pulling out one of the rods with the other hand, putting considerable effort into it. If needed, push the orb against the floor, holding it with foot, and pull with both hands.
[6]
You try it with just your hands and it doesn't work, so you try it with both hands and a foot, and it doesn't work. Finally, you stand on the orb and pull with your arms while pushing with your legs finally, the rod moves slowly up about a half and inch and then a bit more. The farther you pull it out, the easier it is. The sudden ease of it takes you by surprise and you end up ripping the rod free and promptly smacking yourself in the face with it and throwing yourself backwards all in one motion. You land flat on your back, your front tooth chipped, and your mouth full of oily blood, but you've got the rod! It's actually more of a hexagonal spike, tapering downward as it goes until it forms a needle sharp point. It's also longer then it physically should be, at least two feet long.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 04, 2015, 06:55:46 pm »

Excellent! Good. I will take them with me when I leave. My thanks and all that.

He goes up to the hyena dude.

Now that I've temporarily satisfied my pyromania, who are you? You're not hellborn, I can tell.
Sig! Onol

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 04, 2015, 09:39:50 pm »

Excellent! Good. I will take them with me when I leave. My thanks and all that.

He goes up to the hyena dude.

Now that I've temporarily satisfied my pyromania, who are you? You're not hellborn, I can tell.

"Yeah, I'm not from around here. And I don't intend to stick around."

His eyes dart to the side. "You know these people? They're creeping me out a bit. Like they've never seen a hyena before, or something."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 04, 2015, 09:44:37 pm »

"Mayhaps they haven't. I and my companions, which includes him -" he points to John - 'have a way out of here, though you'd have to convince them to let you come along.
Maybe I could trade you for the gorilla -  thing hurts my eyes."
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 04, 2015, 10:07:53 pm »

Look around the junk shop, see how aware the shopkeeper is.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 04, 2015, 10:26:39 pm »

"Mayhaps they haven't. I and my companions, which includes him -" he points to John - 'have a way out of here, though you'd have to convince them to let you come along.
Maybe I could trade you for the gorilla -  thing hurts my eyes."

"Trade me? For a monkey?"

Hyenakles pauses to compose himself.

"Hell's a rough place. Safety in numbers, eh?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 04, 2015, 10:28:48 pm »

"Not a monkey, a gorilla. Big green and purple one. Your coloration is much less irritating. But yes, safety in numbers."
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 05, 2015, 02:37:08 am »

John spits out the oily blood and small chip of his own tooth. He gets back in his seat by the table and puts the rod in front of him, as well as the orb.
How heavy the rod is? Is there a hole in the orb where I took it from? Any sort of markings on the rod (haha, fat chance)?

Looks like I got myself a weird needle pad.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 05, 2015, 03:35:00 am »

"Excellent! How might you go about that?" Golgon poked the great ape's cheek. "Also, he seems to have lost his taste for adventure. If he does not regain his former fire, would he be welcome and happy here?"

Medical and retirement questions!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #328 on: July 06, 2015, 11:17:35 am »

Look around the junk shop, see how aware the shopkeeper is.
Considering you're the only one in here, she's got her eyes fairly firmly glued to you, my friend.  You see basically the same things that the other guy saw; lots and lots of seemingly random junk collected from who knows where across the infinite heavens, probably a lot of it ending up here through the wandering payments and tradings of men like yourself. You looking for anything in particular?

John spits out the oily blood and small chip of his own tooth. He gets back in his seat by the table and puts the rod in front of him, as well as the orb.
How heavy the rod is? Is there a hole in the orb where I took it from? Any sort of markings on the rod (haha, fat chance)?

Looks like I got myself a weird needle pad.
The rod itself isn't very heavy, or at least it's not any heavier then you would assume a rod of this size would be. You'd guess...maybe 3 or 4 pounds. There is a hole in the orb, in the exact shape of the rod. You can't see anything in there, just darkness, even when you hold it up to the light fixture above the table. The rod itself is completely smooth and unmarked, lacking even scratches or what you would assume would be natural pitting or imperfections.

"Excellent! How might you go about that?" Golgon poked the great ape's cheek. "Also, he seems to have lost his taste for adventure. If he does not regain his former fire, would he be welcome and happy here?"

Medical and retirement questions!
"We would have to replace his bones with a substitute, of course. And if he should wish to stay, he will be welcome here."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 06, 2015, 09:57:05 pm »

Wait for steak some more.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 241